Nowhere else on earth does such diversity in landscapes exist; Australia’s principal
attractions are its natural beauty and its weather. At 24 times the size of the British
Isles, it is the sheer vastness of the world’s largest island that gives Australia – and
its diverse culture – much of its character. It is the spectacular natural sights of Ayers
Rock, the Great Barrier Reef, tropical rainforests, snowy mountains and the thousands
upon thousands of miles of pristine untouched beaches that make Australia a great
destination for all those that love the outdoors.
Australia: conservation volunteers
WANT TO SEE MORE OF AUSTRALIA?
WE CAN ARRANGE ADVENTURE TOURS,
TREKKING AND CAMPING TOURS, SIGHTSEEING
TRIPS AND EVEN CAMPER VAN HIRE FOR ALL
THOSE THAT WANT TO GET OFF THE BEATEN
TRACK AND SEE WHAT THIS DIVERSE COUNTRY
HAS TO OFFER. EVERYTHING FROM THE ‘BIG
TREK’ – 42 DAYS EXPLORING EASTERN AND
CENTRAL AUSTRALIA TO 4 WHEEL DRIVING
ON FRASER ISLAND.
PLEASE CALL ONE OF OUR TRAVEL ADVISORS
TO DISCUSS YOUR PLANS OR SEE
FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
24 FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT WWW.GAPYEARFORGROWNUPS.CO.UK OR CALL 01892 701881
CONSERVATION VOLUNTEERS TRAIN TO BE AN AUSTRALIAN
2 WKS: £299 / 4 WKS: £549 COWBOY (OR COWGIRL)
5 DAY JILLAROO/JACKAROO SCHOOL: £349
Your help is needed to protect Australia’s natural WHAT IS INCLUDED 11 DAY JILLAROO/JACKAROO SCHOOL: £499
environment, which is under threat of becoming • Accommodation
polluted and damaged. By volunteering you can help • Meals Experience life as a real Jackaroo or Jillaroo in the
protect Australia’s precious ecosystems for others to • Project related transport Australian outback for 5 or 11 days. At our ranch in
enjoy in years to come. • Free T-shirt New South Wales, you will be taught the fine art of
• CVA membership Australian farming.
Conservation Volunteers Australia (CVA) is a non- Please note: If you book more than one project,
profit making, national community organisation and transport between projects is not included. WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
is Australia’s leading conservation organisation. CVA • Horse riding
completes over 2000 conservation projects ARRIVAL PACKAGE • Saddling horses and swimming with horses
Australia-wide each year and welcomes both As an option, we have arranged an arrival package to • Mustering
Australian and international volunteers. help you acclimatise to Australia and a chance to • Throwing a lasso
meet other volunteers. The package includes airport • Shearing sheep
The conservation experience offers you the transfers, two or four nights accommodation, • Milking cows
opportunity to contribute practically to the breakfasts, a sightseeing tour and orientation help. • Fencing
conservation of Australian environment, whilst Prices vary depending on location. The school caters for all levels of riding ability,
experiencing Australia in a different way to the from absolute beginners to experienced riders.
usual tourist trail. ACCOMMODATION
This varies according to project and location. WHAT IS INCLUDED
WHAT WILL I BE DOING? Typical accommodation can include caravans, • Accommodation on the ranch
Projects undertaken by CVA include: hostels, shearer’s quarters, bunkhouses and • All meals, served in the main house
• tree planting; camping (tents are provided). • Transfer to ranch
• habitat restoration; • Training course
• erosion and salinity control; DATES • Certificate upon successful completion of the
• construction and maintenance of walking tracks; All projects start every Friday. course to prove your skills
• endangered flora and fauna surveys and
• weed control; Both the five day and 11 day schools run throughout
• heritage restoration. the year, please check the website for further
NORTH WEST WA
" You feel like you’re making a positive ALICE SPRINGS
contribution to society and the environment"
SARAH, 42, KENT
PERTH PORT MACQUERIE
FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT WWW.GAPYEARFORGROWNUPS.CO.UK OR CALL 01892 701881 25
New Zealand is a land of rare and amazing beauty – glacial mountains, ancient volcanoes, pristine beaches,
lush rainforests, erupting geysers and boiling mud pools. It is famous for its exhilarating outdoor
activities, among them hiking, jet boating, skiing, sky-diving, rafting, swimming with dolphins, whale
watching and bungee jumping.
An essential stop in any round the world ticket or a destination in its own right – New Zealand is a must
see at least once in a lifetime.
SELF DRIVE ROUTES TAUPO
BAY OF ISLANDS NAPIER
26 FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT WWW.GAPYEARFORGROWNUPS.CO.UK OR CALL 01892 701881
EXPERIENCE THE BEST OF GRAND ISLAND EXPLORER – 21 DAYS WANT TO TRAVEL INDEPENDENTLY?
NEW ZEALAND FROM £1092 – £1170
SELF DRIVE TOURS
• Cosmopolitan capital city of Auckland Day 1 Bay of Islands Cruise New Zealand is a perfect destination to explore
• Golden beaches of the Bay of Islands Day 2 Bay of Islands independently in a self-drive tour. This allows you
• Geothermal area of Rotorura Day 3 Waitomo Caves the ﬂexibility to do your own thing but enjoy the
• Alpine and adventure sports resort Day 4 Rotorura security of pre-booking your accommodation. Why
of Queenstown Day 5 Mount Ruapehu not travel to Middle Earth in the Lord of the Rings
• Whale watching in Kaikoura Day 6 Mount Ruapehu and Tongariro crossing tour or explore the wine regions of New Zealand?
• Fiordlands of Milford Sound Day 7 Wellington
• Glacier hiking on Franz Josef Glacier Day 8 Cross to South Island CAMPER VAN HIRE
• Skiing in the snow capped mountains of Mount Day 9 Wine regions of Nelson Travel with everything that you need, your
Cook National Park Day 10 Kaikoura hotel on wheels and all on board cooking and
• Clear blue waters of Lake Wanaka Day 11 Christchurch washing facilities.
• Seal colonies and sea kayaking in Abel Tasman Day 12 Greymouth
National Park Day 13-14 Franz Josef HOTEL ACCOMMODATION
• Wine regions of Hawkes Bay and Marlborough Day 15-18 Queenstown From the Hilton in Auckland Harbour to backpacker
• A traditional Maori ‘Hangi’ Day 19 Milford Sound Cruise hostels to the exclusive Huka Lodge on Lake Taupo.
Day 20 Omarama/Mount Cook
In such an uncrowded and unspoilt country an Day 21 Christchurch WALKS AND CYCLING TOURS
organised small group tour is a fantastic way to New Zealand has the ﬁnest treks and walks in the
explore all that these stunning islands have to offer. WHAT IS INCLUDED world – among which are the five day Milford Track
• Services of a tour leader and trekking in Abel Tasman National Park.
• All transportation by minibus
• 20 nights accommodation Please call one of our travel advisors to discuss
• Entry to all National Parks your plans or visit our website
• Entrance fees and cruises www.gapyearforgrownups.co.uk for more details.
• Visit to Te Papa museum in Wellington
• Inter Island ferry crossing
Note: Meals are not included; please budget for
approximately $70 NZ per week.
24 Apr, 18 May, 12 Jun, 06 Jul, 31 Jul, 24 Aug, 18 Sep,
12 Oct, 06 Nov, 30 Nov, 25 Dec 2006.
FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT WWW.GAPYEARFORGROWNUPS.CO.UK OR CALL 01892 701881 27