Register Number: 7023
Name of the Candidate:
M.B.A. (APPLIED MANAGEMENT) DEGREE EXAMINATION - 2008
120. MANAGERIAL ECONOMICS
Dec.) (Time: 3 Hours
Maximum: 75 Marks
SECTION - A (5 3 = 15)
Answer any FIVE questions.
All questions carry equal marks.
1. Write short notes:
(a) Elasticity of supply.
(b) Scope of managerial economics.
(c) Inventory valuation.
(d) Concept of revenue.
(e) Types of market structure.
(g) Fiscal policy.
(h) Market equilibrium.
SECTION - D (1 15 = 15)
SECTION - B (3 10 = 30)
Answer any THREE questions.
All questions carry equal marks. 10. Case Study:
A garden nursery manager is exploring a wide variety of
2. Elaborate the various factors to be considered in the selection
planting opportunities. He has a fixed acreage of land and is
facing the problem of determining which plants to propagate
3. Enumerate the essentials of trade policy review of India at
and grow, what ages to assume in such choices, what future
prices should be assumed as well as what prices to charge now
4. Elucidate the salient features of India’s industrial policy. on plants which are already nature. In addition, the nursery
5. Bring out the relationship between the balance payments and must determine when to mark down prices on plants tying up
exchange rates. land needed for other uses and when to destroy plant materials
6. Brief the impact of monetary policy on assets of market and that are in the way. In solving his problems, he wants to apply
on economy. the 3 kinds of reasoning namely incremental, discounting and
SECTION - C (1 15 = 15)
Answer any ONE question.
All questions carry equal marks. 1. Comment on his approach to the solution of his problems.
7. Explain the factors influencing the external business macro 2. Examine clearly his difficulties of applying the above
environment. mentioned threefold reasoning.
8. Describe the recent trends of national income and output in ~~~~~~~~~~~
9. Bring out the managerial uses of breakeven analysis and
limitations of breakeven analysis.