Panopticon Developer .NET 5.2
Panopticon Developer .NET is an SDK for developers building applications on the Microsoft .NET platform. Using the SDK you can
quickly embed or integrate visual analysis and monitoring functionality into your own applications, whether thick or thin. The SDK
package contains a versatile framework for creating live information visualization displays, along with a set of components with
complete documentation and numerous code samples.
FEATURES • Highly modular and extensible. The SDK is based on
solid design principles that make it easy for
Multi Visualizations programmers to use and extend.
• Time Series
• Line Graph COMPONENTS INCLUDED
• Stacked Area Graph
• Percentage Area Graph • API (data model, components, renderers, layout tools,
• Horizon Graph and more).
Static & Time Series Snapshot • Several user controls including visualizations and guides
(Time, Categorical & Numeric Rulers and Organizer
• Heat Map serving as interactive legends, filters and scales that
• Heat Matrix provide context and explanations to visualizations).
• Tree Map
• Developer’s Guide and technical reference
• Barseries documentation.
• Scatter Plot
• Geographic Scatter Plot • Extensive Examples – documented code snippets that
• Data Grid highlight the use of the SDK in various common
Streaming In Memory OLAP
• Single State SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
• Shared & Shadow States • MS Windows operating system with the .NET framework
• Real Time Effects 2.0 installed, 40 MB free disk space and RAM
• Data Throttling depending on application.
Filtering • IDE for building .NET applications, such as MS Visual
• Across Rows, Nodes, Time Studio 2005 or 2008.
• Categorical & Numeric Data
• Using provided controls, or roll your own EXTENSIBILITY
Common Framework Data Plug Ins
• Data & Filtering • Panopticon’s internal data model handles static and
real-time analytical processing capabilities for relational
Multi Visualization Handling and multidimensional data.
• Axes • Applications using the data model can be characterized
• Callouts & Icons as efficient front-ends for vast data repositories, such as
• Custom Popups & Context Menus databases, traditional OLAP-cubes and real-time
• Color Schemas updating complex data structures.
Data Usage • The data model itself is a low-footprint representation of
multi-dimensional data, which is capable of calculating
• ADO Data Wrapping
custom aggregates in real-time for the data. In addition,
• External/Manual Aggregates Support
proprietary data models can be used directly and
Web Form Components & Widgets exposed to the framework by creating a plug-in.
Plug and Play • If you are a developer or OEM partner interested in
creating a data plug-in, you may want to contact
• Custom Visualizations Panopticon, as we have pre-built the following data plug-
• Custom Data Plug Ins in: Relational databases; OLAP; MS Excel; CSV, RSS,
Reuters; Bloomberg; MQ; and more.
• The architecture is designed to support static and VISUALIZATION PLUG INS
streaming data updates based on several patent • The SDK currently supports many visualizations out of
pending technology innovations (throughout all the box and offers a detailed example of how to create
components –from the data models to all GUI your own custom visualizations.
• Visualizations are developed as plug-ins. Contact
Panopticon if you are interested in developing your own
Technical Fact Sheet: Panopticon Developer .NET 5.2
Updated 6 November 2008