Scheme of Delegation (Local Developments)
Delegated decision making under section 43A(1) of the
Town and Country Planning etc. (Scotland) Act 1997
1.1 In this Scheme, the following words and phrases shall have the following meanings:
“the Act” means the Town and Country Planning etc. (Scotland) Act 1997, as
amended by the Planning etc. (Scotland) Act 2006, and all subsequent
amendments or re-enactments;
“the regulations” means all relevant statutory regulations made under the Act;
“local development” is as defined in the Act and the regulations;
“the appointed person” shall mean any officer appointed by the Council to carry out
the actions delegated to him in terms of this Scheme;
“application” shall mean (a) an application for planning permission, and/or (b) an
application for consent, agreement or approval required by a condition imposed on
a grant of planning permission where that grant has not been made by a
2.1 The appointed person, is authorised:-
To determine all local development applications whether for approval or refusal with
the exception of:-
1. Applications attracting more than five separate individual objections (i.e. this
excludes five letters of objection from a single person/organisation).
2. Applications which are significant departures to the Development Plan and
which are recommended for approval.
3. Applications which are submitted by members of staff involved in the
consideration of planning applications, Fife Councillors and senior Fife
4. Applications attracting objections from statutory consultees, where the
officer’s recommendation is for approval.
- 2 -
5. Applications which the Council considers should be referred to Committee for
determination in terms of Section 43A(6) of the Town and Country Planning
etc. (Scotland) Act 1997.
6. Applications which are submitted by Fife Council, or which relate to land in
the ownership of Fife Council, or in which they have a financial interest.
7. Applications which have associated applications for other forms of consent
(e.g. listed building consent) where the appointed person considers it
expedient for both applications to be considered by Committee.
3.1 This Scheme complements the Scheme of Delegation made by Fife Council in
terms of the Local Government (Scotland) Act 1973.
3.2 This Scheme shall be kept under review at intervals of no more than five years.
CFP/NEW COMM/STRATEGIC COMM/FIFE PLANNING REVIEW BODY/SCHEME OF DELEGATION/LOCAL DEVELOPMENTS/GN