Lesson 23 Worksheet Name: _______________________
1. How many violins are in the normal orchestra?
2. How many octaves does the violin span?
3. What are the strings on the violin tuned to?
4. Who was the first famous violin maker?
5. What type of wood is most of the violin made out of?
6. What is the fingerboard made of?
7. What were the strings originally made of?
8. First known music that was published specifically for the violin was
what? and published when?
9. The greatest violin maker of all time is who? The oldest surviving
violin that he personally made was made in what year?
10.Arco means what? Pizzicato means what?