Computer History Timeline
Purpose: To produce a timeline of computer history that identifies the evolution of computers
1. Click on the PowerPoint template provided on the calendar. Choose to SAVE the
powerpoint to your folder. Save as Timeline. REMEMBER…SAVE not OPEN.
2. Using the Internet, research the history of computers. Locate a minimum of 20 events
in the evolution of computers.
3. Use the provided PowerPoint template, create a timeline of events that display the
evolution of computers. Begin with Charles Babbage in 1823 and continue until
4. Identify each date with the date and a description of the event tied to that date.
5. Include 10 pictures on your timeline.
6. Add a textbox in the upper right corner of your timeline that includes your name, date,
7. Add a title using Word Art!
8. Additional elements may be added to your timeline to add visual appeal and originality.
9. Save your project as timeline. Print Preview to make sure that all information fits on the
screen. Check your document for spelling and grammar errors.