OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY,
FEES PAYMENT PROFILE FOR FRESHMEN, RETURNING UNDERGRADUATE AND
Students are required to purchase SCRATCH CARDS from Banks listed against their Faculties only
for ease of reconciliation and reference. The E-portal site for the payment is on the scratch card.
Intercontinental Bank Plc.
Environmental Design & Mgt. First Bank Plc
Agriculture Zenith Bank Nig. Plc
United Bank for Africa Plc
WEMA Bank Plc
Social Sciences Union Bank Plc
Technology Oceanic Bank Plc
College of Health Sciences IBTC Chartered Plc
Local Government Studies Afri Bank Plc
Post Graduate College Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB) Plc
Postgraduate OAU Micro Finance Bank Ltd, OAU, Campus, Ile – Ife.
Returning Undergraduates Skye Bank Plc
Freshmen/Women Undergraduates ECO Bank Plc
The schedule of charges which is the same as for the 2006/2007 session is as detailed
(A) 2007/2008 MISCELLANEOUS/DEPARTMENTAL CHARGES FOR FRESH
UNDERGRADUATE, DIPLOMA AND DIRECT ENTRY STUDENTS
I. DESCRIPTION OF SCRATCH CARDS VALUE
(i). Administration, Arts, Education (Arts), Social Sciences and Law - N13,300.00
(ii). Agriculture, Health Sciences, Pharmacy, Education (Science),
Environmental Design and Management, Science and Technology - N15,800.00
(iii). Administration (Local Government Studies) - N63,300.00
(iv) Accommodation: - N3,090.00
(Freshmen will be provided accommodation on first come first served basis).
II. OTHER REQUIREMENTS FOR 2007/2008 REGISTRATION OF
Candidates who have been offered admission should present the original and four (4)
photo copies each of their credentials including Birth Certificate/Sworn Declaration of
Age. Each candidate will be required to submit his/her admission letter later.
III. SCREENING OF FRESH STUDENTS
All fresh students are to report in the University for the screening exercise at their
various Faculties. They should come with their various documents listed above as
well as the scratch card relating to the payments of the charges listed above. Any
freshman who fails to report for the screening exercise within the specific period will
be deemed to have forfeited his/her admission offer. Flyer for procedure on
screening/registration for freshmen will be made available at the Admissions Office
IV. PROCEDURE FOR ACCESSING THE E-PORTAL:
1. Log on to the University e-Portal using your Registration Number and the
Password you used last on the Portal.
2. Complete the following Forms correctly on the Portal.
(i) CERTIFICATE FORM (for not more than two sittings).
(iii) COURSE REGISTRATION FORM
(iv) BED SPACE CLEARANCE FORM (Optional)
The Course Registration Form will only be available upon:
(a) Successful filling of Forms (i) and (ii) above which do not
require Scratch Card.
(b) Payment of appropriate fees using Scratch Cards to be
purchased from the Banks earlier mentioned above
depending on your Faculties or Departments:
Please note the following:
*Scratch Cards will be available in the Banks as from 25th January, 2008.
*Limited spaces of 500 are available for each of the Special Electives except
SER 001 and LIB 001 which are compulsory for all Fresh Students.
3. Problems, if any, will be addressed on-line using any of the following
(i) Online help on the e-portal
(ii) Six Hotlines will be available for contact (the Hot lines will be
available on the e-portal).
(iii) e-mail:- email@example.com can be used as well.
(B) 2007/2008 MISCELLANEOUS/DEPARTMENTAL CHARGES FOR RETURNING
UNDERGRADUATE AND DIPLOMA STUDENTS
DESCRIPTION OF CARDS CATEGORIES VALUE
(i) Administration, Arts, Education (Arts) Extra N4,050.00
Law and Social Sciences.
(ii). Administration, Arts, Education (Arts),
Law and Social Sciences. Returning Students N5,300.00
(iii). Education (Science), Science Extra N6,550.00
(iv). Education (Science), Science Returning Students N7,800.00
(v) Agriculture, E.D.M, Technology Extra N9,050.00
(vi) Agriculture, E.D.M, Technology Returning Students N10,300.00
(vii). Administration, (Local Government) Returning Students N55,300.00
viii). Administration, (Local Government), Extra N54,050.00
(ix) Basic Medical Sciences, Clinical Sciences, Returning Students N12,800.00
(x) Late Registration N500.00
(xi) Accommodation (Returning Students) N2,590.00
Returning Students are required to purchase a SCRATCH CARD for the appropriate
fees and pay On-Line using Obafemi Awolowo University e-Portal.
Students with extra semester are required to obtain clearance from their Heads of
Departments before purchasing their scratch cards.
Students should access the e-portal from any Cyber Café any where or at the
Computer Centre and the INTECU on the University Campus using their scratch cards.
BED SPACE ALLOCATION:
Fresh undergraduates and final year students will request for Bed Space Allocation
placement directly on the e-portal subject to clearance at the Admissions Office (fresh
students only) and payment of appropriate fees including accommodation. Candidates will be
required to print 3 copies of Bed Space Clearance Forms from the e-portal which must be
duly signed by the student and the Hall warden.
You are required to keep one of the completed Bed Space Allocation Forms, submit
one to the Director, Student Affairs and the last copy to the Hall Warden to qualify you to
OCCUPY the bed space allocated. Please note that failure to submit the Bed Space
Clearance Form automatically disqualifies your Bed Space Allocation.
Apart from fresh undergraduate students, final year students are also given priority for
accommodation. Other spaces available will be balloted for. The list of those that are
allocated spaces based on the usual allocation criteria will be available at Obafemi Awolowo
University e-portal before 17th February, 2008.
On behalf of the University administration, we wish all students a wonderful, peaceful
and rewarding 2007/2008 session.
Ayorinde O. Ogunruku
APPROVED FEES FOR POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES
1. Tuition Fees New Rates
(i) Postgraduate Diplomas (Fees per session)
In the Faculties of Science, Technology, Environmental Design & Mgmt. 12,000.00
Pharmacy, Health Sciences 12,000.00
Administration, Social Sciences 12,000.00
Arts and Education (PGDE) 10,000.00
Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) 35,000.00
Specialized Programme (cost per session)
*PGD (Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering) 250,000.00
(ii) Masters Degrees (Research)
1. In the Faculties of Arts, Education, Social Sciences,
Administration and Law 12,000.00
2. Dentistry 20,000.00
3. Science, Technology, Pharmacy, Health Sciences and Agriculture 12,000.00
4. Environmental Design and Management 15,000.00
5. Specialized Programme (cost per session)
M.Sc. (GIS & Remote Sensing) 45,000.00
(iii) Masters Degree (Professional) (cost per session)
1. Master of Business Administration (Regular) 40,000.00
2. Master of Public Administration 30,000.00
3. Master of Science in Local Government Studies 30,000.00
4. Master in International Relations 30,000.00
5. Master of Dental Public Health 40,000.00
6. M.GIS and Remote Sensing 45,000.00
7. Master of Public Health 25,000.00
8. Master of Technology (Telecommunications Engineering) 250,000.00
9. Master of Laws in Law (LL.M.) 25,000.00
10. M.Arch., M.F.A (E.D.M) 20,000.00
11. Master of Industrial & Labour Relations (Regular) 25,000.00
12. M.Tech (Technology Management). 50,000.00
13. M.Managerial Psychology 50,000.00
14. M.B.A. (Executive) 100,000.00
(iv) Doctorate Degrees
In all Faculties 20,000.00
MISCELLANEOUS FEES (2007/2008) SESSION (N)
1. Acceptance 2,000.00
2. Registration 1,000.00
3. Late Registration with penalty 1,000.00
4. Examination: All Diploma Programmes 5,000.00
*All Professional Masters programmes 5,000.00
*All Research Masters Programmes 15,000.00
*All Ph.D. Programmes 20,000.00
5. Change of Course 1,000.00
6. Postgraduate College Publication 3,000.00
7. Deferment of Admission 500.00
8. Transcript: (i) First Copy 500.00
(ii) Additional Copies 400.00
9. Admission Forms 5,000.00
10. M.B.A. Regular forms 5,000.00
11. Sports Levy 1,000.00
12. Library Levy 2,000.00
13. Medical Examination Charges 1,000.00
14. Chest X-Ray 1,500.00
15. Identity Card 500.00
16. Caution Fees 2,000.00
17. Practical (Science Students) 4,000.00
18. Departmental/Faculty Charges (practice teaching) 2,500.00
19. Departmental/Faculty Charges (project) 2,500.00
1. BENCH FEES FOR POSTGRADUATE STUDENTS M.A/M.Sc/Ph.D
1. Faculties of Arts, Education, Law,
Administration, EDM and Social Sciences 15,000.00 25,000.00
2. Faculty of Science 20,000.00 50,000.00
3. College of Health Sciences 50.000.00 75,000.00
4. Agriculture, Pharmacy and Technology 30,000.00 60,000.00
5. Foreign Students 500 US Dollars 750US Dollars
2. ACCOMMODATION FEES
Single Bedded Accommodation - N10,000.00
Plus Maintenance Fee - 2,500.00 =12,500.00
Three Bedded Accommodation - N 5,000.00
Plus Maintenance Fee - 2,500.00 = 7,500.00
Single Bedded for Foreign Students - 500 US Dollars
Three Bedded for Foreign Students - 250 US Dollars