32ND RUSTY BLADE HOCKEY CLASSIC
TOWN OF KINGVILLE, ONTARIO
PLAYER REGISTRATION/WAIVER FROM
1. League participation is conditional upon payment of the appropriate fees.
2. All payments are non-refundable.
3. The Town of Kingsville reserves the right to refuse entry to any individual and/or team at its sole discretion.
4. The Town of Kingsville reserves the right to eject any person from the tournament and /or the facility (as defined
below), whom it deems in its sole discretion to be acting in an improper manner and we accept no liability in
connection with such ejections.
5. All participants and those connected with the participant’s participation, in the Tournament are required to abide
by the Rules and Regulations of the Town of Kingsville posted at
RELEASE AND INDEMNITY
BY SIGNING THIS DOCUMENT YOU WILL ASSUME RISKS AND WAIVE CERTAIN RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE
RIGHT TO SUE. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
In consideration of the participation of (the “Team Name”) in the 32
Rusty Blade Classic (the tournament) to be held at Kingsville Recreation Complex (collectively the “facility”), the
participant hereby agrees as follows:
1. The Participant acknowledges and agrees that the participant’s participation in the tournament is purely
2. The Participant is aware of and understands the inherent risks, dangers, and hazards of the tournament and
the participant’s participation therein and the potential for personal injury death, property damage and/or
loss which exists in connection therewith. The participant herby freely accepts and assumes all such risks of
personal injury or death or damage to or loss of property.
3. The Participant agrees to abide by the Facility rules and regulations and agree to use the Facility and
equipment in a manner consistent with their intended use and application.
4. The Participant agrees TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS against each and every one of, The Town of
Kingsville Rusty Blade Hockey Classic Conveors, Committee Members as well as the owners, governors,
officers, directors, partners, partnerships, principals, employees, agents, representatives, volunteers,
sponsor, promoters, and advertisers of all the foregoing, and the organizers, promoters, sponsors, suppliers
and advertisers of the tournament (collectively the “Releases”), and to REMISE, RELEASE AND FOREVER
DISCHARGE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THE RELEASES from any and all demands , losses, claims, costs,
damages, expenses and liabilities for any loss, damage, expense or injury, including death, that the
participant may suffer directly or indirectly, arising out of , as a result of , or relating in any manner
whatsoever to the Participant’s participation in the tournament, howsoever arising, including NEGLIGENCE,
BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF ANY STATUTORY OR OTHER DUTY OF CARE, INCLUDING ANDY DUTY
OWED UNDER THE OCCUPIERS, LIABLILIY ACT (ONTARIO), ON THE PART OF ONE OR MORE OF THE
RELEASEES, AND FURTHER INCLUDING THE FAILURE BY ONE OR MORE OF THE RELEASEES TO SAFEGUARD
OR PROTECT THE PARTICIPANT FROM THE RISKS, DANGERS, AND HAZARDS OF THE TOURNAMANET (AS
5. The Participant agrees TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE RELEASEES from any all actions, losses,
claims, costs, damages, expenses and inabilities (including legal fees and court costs) which may be suffered
or incurred by one or more of the Releasees arising out of or as a result of or relating in any manner
whatsoever to any injury to persons (including injuries resulting in death) and /or loss of or damage to
property, in connection with the participation of the Participant in the tournament, WHETHER CAUSED BY
THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE.
6. By participating in the tournament, the Participant grants its permission to the Releasees (and any of them) to
take photographs of the Participant and /or to use the Participant’s name, likeness or any other identification
for advertising, marketing, publicity, instructional or other purposes’ in connection with the tournament
and/or the Facility and/or any related activity of any of the Releasees, in any medium at any time and from
time to time, without compensation and without right of prior review or approval by the Participant (except
where prohibited by law).
7. By participating in the tournament, the Participant consents to the collection by the Town of Kingsville of
his/her personal information on this form and to the disclosure of such personal information to third parties,
as required, including legal and insurance companies, in each case to the extent permitted or required by
8. The Participant acknowledges and agrees that in all matters relating to the Activity including the allocation of
any prize, if applicable, at the decision of the town of Kingsville shall be final and binding.
9. The release shall ensure to the benefit of the respective heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators,
successors and assigns of the Releasees and shall be binding on the Participant and the Participant’s heirs,
next of kin, executors, administrators, legal personal representatives, successors and assigns. This agreement
and any rights, duties and obligations as between the parties to this Agreement shall be governed by and
interpreted solely in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and no other jurisdiction. Any
litigation involving the parties to this Agreement shall be brought solely within the Province of Ontario and
shall be within the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the Province of Ontario. This Agreement is meant to
be liberally construed to protect those entities and individuals listed above to the fullest extent allowed by
10. The Participant acknowledges having been given full opportunity to read this agreement before signing it,
having had full opportunity to ask and questions regarding the Activity; and, having read and understood this
TEAM CAPTAIN: DIVISION:
NAME AGE ADDRESS PHONE SIGNATURE
Rules of the Rusty Blade Hockey Classic
1. Player can only play in one team per weekend per division.
2. Tow line pass is not in effect.
3. All games are 3 periods of 10 minute stop time. No overtime until semifinal or finals.
4. Finals overtime will be five minutes sudden death until winner is proclaimed.
5. No Contact.
6. No slap shots (knee to knee rule is in effect).
7. No high sticking the puck.
8. All Buy Games will be given two points.
9. Any player assessed three penalties in one game will be suspended from further play in that game only.
10. PENALTIES - Minor -2 minutes Major -5 minutes Match Penalty\fighting- this will result in
ejection from the rest of the tournament.
11. Tournament officials will warn any team displaying rough play, if they continue they will be disqualified.
12. No drinking or smoking in the dressing rooms. ( the only alcohol consumption will be permitted in the
13. Any tournament Official will have the right to stop a player from playing if he is intoxicated.
14. Each time is expected to have two sweater sets, or alternate sweaters. The visiting team is required to
15. A player must play in at least one of the round robin games to play in the finals.
16. Points are awarded 2 for win , 1 for tie.
17. Tie Breakers for finals as follows: 1st Head to Head may not decide a 3-way tie
3rd Max spread five per game+5
3rd Goals against
4th Goals for
5th Penalties (least amount)
6th Coin flip
18. Helmets must be worn.
19. No carded players in the current year are allowed to play.
20. Protest fee is $50.00.
21. ALL PLAYERS MUS READ AND SIGN WAIVER FORMS.