Baking The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie
In my humble opinion, there is not a better cookie in the world than a well-made chocolate cookie. I am about to tell you how to make the perfect
The Perfect Chocolate Cookie
Cocoa drop cookie, the best chocolate cookie. They are not only delicious, but very easy to make as well.
The ingredients required for this recipe are: ¼ cup butter, softened; ¼ cup shortening; 1 cup sugar; 1 egg; ¾ cup buttermilk; 1 tsp vanilla; 1 ¼ cup
sifted all-purpose flour; ½ tsp baking soda; ½ tsp salt; ½ cup cocoa powder, unsweetened; and 1 cup of chopped pecans.
1. Cream the shortening and butter with sugar; beat in egg.
2. Stir in the buttermilk and vanilla
3. Sift the dry ingredients together and add to the first mixture.
4. Stir in the pecans, and chill the cookie dough for about an hour.
5. Use a teaspoon to drop the dough onto a greased baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches between the cookies.
6. Bake in a preheated 400°F oven for about 8-10 minutes, or until set.
7. Then cool and frost with a simple chocolate or vanilla icing if desired.
Shortbread Cookie Recipe
Here is the recipe for another great cookie, the chocolate covered shortbread cookie recipe. For this you will need: 8 ounces butter at room
temperature; ½ cup powdered sugar; 2 cups all-purpose flour; ½ teaspoon baking powder; 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted; and ½ teaspoon
1. Combine all ingredients.
2. Knead with your hands to made sure they are well mixed
3. Press into lightly buttered pans.
4. Bake at 325°F for about 20 minutes.
5. Cut into wedges while they are still warm or break them apart.
There are many fabulous recipes out there but here are two of the best. Remember these recipes around the holidays and you can present your
friends and family with delightful treats that will be remembered the rest of the year.
About the Author