ICE4MO – 8085 Assignment
1. Name the first microprocessor, its manufacturer and the year it was manufactured.
2. What is Moore’s law. Has it held good for the microprocessors so far?
3. Knowing about the CPU architecture, research and write about present
microprocessor architecture trends and those in the future to boost the performance
of the microprocessors.
4. Research Nano engineering and its relation with microprocessors. Where is this
5. Differentiate between high and low level programming languages. Give 2 examples
6. What is an assembler? Give an example.
7. What is a compiler? Give an example.
8. What is an interpreter? Give an example.
9. Describe the function and size of the all the registers in 8085 CPU
10. List the memory addressing techniques.
11. How much RAM can be addressed with a 16 bit address bus? Show calculations.
12. One hex digit equals _____ binary digits.
13. With the help of a diagram, explain how 64 KB of RAM is addressed in 8085 CPU.
14. With the help of a diagram, discuss CPU communication and the function of address
and data bus.
15. Describe the following:
b. Op Code
d. Instruction cycle
e. Clock cycle
h. Control lines
i. Address bus
j. Data bus
m. One’s complement
n. Source code
o. Object code
16. List all the steps in an instruction cycle.
17. List the steps in creating an executable file. How are they helpful?
18. Write an assembly level program to store the number 53 into register B.
19. Using the BCD system, the number “15” would be represented by:
a) 0000 1111
b) 0001 0101
c) 1111 1111
d) 1111 0101
20. Convert the following binary numbers to decimal.
(a) 11102 (b) 11112 (c) 10102
21. Convert the following hexadecimal numbers to decimal.
(a) 3C116 (b) 41A16 (c) 1F0616
22. Convert the following decimal numbers to binary.
(a) 12710 (b) 9310 (c) 8010
23. Convert the following hexadecimal numbers to binary.
(a) 9F116 (b) D0316 (c) 52C16