Why Not Become An Energy Assessor by bnmbgtrtr52


									?Nowadays, you find that there are plenty of houses being put up for sale either due to
some personal problems or due to difficulty in payment of housing loans. From 1st
June 2007, residential properties that are put on sale require a Home Information Pack,
which includes an essential document known as EPC or Energy Performance
Certificate for the property. This certificate is obtained from an energy assessor, who
carries out energy assessments on properties and these findings, when run through a
software program, will produce an EPC.

The demand for assessors is always increasing, because homeowners want energy
efficiency for their appliances. Therefore, more and more energy inspectors are
needed and due to the demand, you can earn a good income. The demand for
Domestic Energy Assessors is estimated to be 3000 to 4000. Apart from issuing an
EPC, the energy assessors also inspect commercial and residential buildings for
issuing the DEC or Display Energy Certificate.

There are many private and Government organizations, where you can join and train
to be certified as an assessor. There are two types of energy assessors - Domestic and
Non-domestic. Domestic assessors carry out assessment in residential properties and
non-domestic assessors carry out assessment in commercial properties.

If you wish to become a domesitc assessor, you have to join an institution where you
will be given training and obtain a level 3 Domestic Energy Assessor Diploma. You
then have to complete a course to become an Accredited Domestic Assessor. If you
wish to progress your career further, and you would like to provide energy assessment
for commercial buildings, then you have to become a Non-domestic Energy Assessor.
There are three levels of Non-domestic Assessor - levels 3, 4 and 5. Level 3 is where
you can assess small commercial buildings, level 4 enables you to assess more
complex commercial buildings and level 5 means you can assess large commercial

In UK, in order to get a Diploma as Domestic Assessor, you have to go through
assessment and training. You have to undergo practical hands-on training and attend a
series of lectures. This is provided by NHER.

Certain Government agencies give training to qualify and obtain certification as an
energy assessor. This certification is very useful and qualifies you as a professional in
your work. You will be more in demand and also will be paid higher wages. This
certification course helps you in understanding residential energy efficiency.

With additional qualification and training, you can become a Home Inspector, whose
duty is to provide Home Information Pack and Home Condition reports. Later you can
also become a property-valuing professional. Government authorities, management
companies and property owners would also need the services of energy assessor
By undergoing the necessary training and being certified as an Energy Assessor, you
can become a Domestic Energy Assessor or Non-domestic assessor and enjoy a very
lucrative career. You could choose to work as a freelancer, or you can join some real
estate company or energy retail organizations.
James Copper is a writer and mainly writes articles that can help people develop some
new career skills

To top