?If you successfully applied for this visa class, this can help for you to be granted a
Migrant visa. In order to apply for this visa, australian immigration department,there
are basic requirements:
Age: The applicant must be under 45 years of age upon applying.
English language: The applicant must be able to speak competently in the English
language when working in Australia.
Qualifications: Applicants must have at least post-secondary (such as university or
trade) qualifications, or a substantial relevant work experience. Applicants must get
his skills assessed by a relevant Australian assessing body.
Occupation: You must nominate a skilled occupation which fits your skills and
qualifications. The nominated occupation must be in the Migration Occupations in
Demand List (MODL).
Recent Work Experience: The applicant must have at least 12 months of experience in
the skilled occupation.
Points Test: This purpose is to test the applicant to ensure whether he/she possess the
skills necessary to quickly enter the Australian workforce.
Points are awarded for:
* Skill (range between 40-60 points depending on the nominated occupation).
* Age (the younger you are the more points you will be awarded - between 15 to 30
* English language ability (competent English 20 points/vocational English 15
* Specific work experience (between 5 or 10 points available).
* Occupation in demand. There are certain occupations/specializations that are in
demand in Australia. These occupations/skills are listed on the Skilled Occupation
* Australian qualifications. Applicants with Australian qualifications may have a
greater chance of employment in Australia. (Extra points are available to applicants
who hold Australian qualifications - 5, 10 or 15 points available. Applicants who can
claim points for Australian qualifications may also be eligible to claim 5 points if they
lived and studied for at least two years in regional Australia.)
* Spouse skills. An extra 5 points may be awarded if your spouse also satisfies the
basic requirements of age, English language ability, qualifications, nominated
occupation and recent work experience and has obtained suitable skills assessment
from the relevant assessing authority for their nominated occupation.
Australia Skilled Migration - Designated Area Sponsored: If the applicant or his
spouse has a relative living permanently in Australia, it may qualify for skilled
migration even if the applicant does not pass the points test.