DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRONICS AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY ROORKDD
Summer Internship - 2011
Applications are invited from students of Government/Government-funded institutes for 6 – 8
week summer internship, beginning June 1, 2011. There are two categories of internships:
A. Internships offered under the internship programme of IIT Roorkee. It is open to the
students of B.Tech. programmes in Electronics and Communication and Computer
Science and Engineering. The total number of available seats in this category is 3. No
stipend is awarded to the students in this category.
B. Internships funded by Microsoft Research Labs., India. These are open to the students of
B.Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering. The maximum number of available seats
is 5 under this category. The selected students are given a consolidated stipend of
Rs.10000/. at the completion of the internship.
The eligibility, selection procedure, and other conditions are as follows:
1. Only the students studying in Government/ Government-funded institutes are eligible.
2. Students who have completed 4 semesters or 6 semesters at the starting date of internship
may apply. However, preference will be given to the students who have completed 6
3. Only the students having CGPA of 7.5 and above will be considered.
4. Selection will be based upon a merit list that will be prepared on the basis of CGPA and
the project proposal submitted by the candidate.
5. Offer of internship will be subject to the condition that a faculty member agrees to
supervise the candidate in the proposed project.
6. All selected students will be required to deposit a bench fee of Rs.5000/- per month in the
7. All expenses, including travel, boarding, and lodging will be borne by the selected
candidates. Accommodation, if available, will be provided on the campus on payment
8. Applications should include CV with photograph, attested copies of grade sheets, and a
project proposal for the work that the candidate wishes to pursue.
9. Last date for receiving applications is March 25, 2011. Late applications will not be
10. Announcements of offers will be made by April 15, 2011.
11. Only hard copies of applications will be considered. These should be sent in an envelope
marked “Internship” and addressed to
Dept. of Electronics and Computer Engineering
IIT Roorkee, Roorkee - 247667