Welcome to American Express® Online—your business travel reservation system
American Express® Online is an innovative interactive travel booking tool from American
Express (powered by GetThere). The system lets you make your own air, hotel, rental car
and rail arrangements from your personal computer. And it’s fast and easy to use, allowing
you to spend less time booking reservations.
Using American Express® Online for your business travel reservations is easy and provides
you convenience, comfort and control. American Express® Online…
Offers convenience of making reservations 24x7, in the office or on the road
Supplies you comfort with access to your company’s preferred vendors and negotiated
rates, airline seat maps, destination information and more
Allows you more control by choosing flights according to low fare options, time
preferences, or airline preference (including low cost carriers)
American Express® Online Booking a Flight Choose Modify Search to change search Booking a Hotel Reserving a Car
1. On the Home page, check the boxes to criteria without returning to the Home page. 1. Specify how you will search: by 1. Specify where you will pick up the car:
Quick Reference Guide indicate whether your trip will include 7. Alternate Itineraries may be displayed Address or City, Near an Airport, or At an Airport or At a City Location
air, hotel, and/or a car rental. that are cheaper than your desired Negotiated Properties. 2. Verify Pick-Up and Drop-off dates and
Getting Connected and Logging In 2. Select Trip Details: either Round trip, selection. Click Select to add the flights 2. Verify Check-in and Check-out dates times
1. Connect to the Internet and enter the One-way, or Multi-destination. to your itinerary 3. Specify additional search criteria: 3. Specify the type of car you need along
URL provided by your company. 3. Enter names or airport codes for 8. Reserve Seats is next. Choose an Distance, Hotel Name, Hotel with available options, special features,
2. Save this address as a “Favorite” or departure and destination cities. (Click available seat and click Reserve Seat Company and check any Special and preferred agencies
“Bookmark” in your browser. the Airport link to use the Airport Selection, or click Skip Seat Selection Requests to communicate to the hotel 4. Click Search Now to view available
3. Enter your User Name and Password Locator). Select desired departure and to continue. 4. Click Search Now. Available hotels are options. Click Express Booking to
and click on the Sign In button. return times and dates. 9. Review and Modify Trip offers the displayed and can be sorted by Rate, automatically have an in-policy option
4. Choose Display Results by Price to chance to review the trip before Name, or Distance. Click View Hotels added to your itinerary
Profile view options as complete itineraries. purchasing. Click Continue with on a map to see map of hotels 5. Daily Rate and Total Rate information
1. From the Home page, click on the Schedule displays outbound and Reservation to proceed to Traveler 5. Amenities for each hotel are displayed is presented along with car photos and
Profile link. return options separately Information where you can input trip along with link to Cancellation Policy, sizes.
2. You can update and edit your personal 5. Use Additional Search Options to preferences and emergency contacts. More Photos, and More Info 6. Select a car by clicking on a link within
preferences, travel preferences and specify cabin class, fare type and Click Continue with Reservation to 6. Choose Select to view available rooms the matrix
designate travel arrangers. airline preferences. Click Begin view and complete the Billing and rates. Click Select to add the hotel
3. Be sure to click Save at the bottom of Search to view options. Information. Click Purchase Trip to room to your itinerary
each screen to save your information. 6. Company preferred options are clearly complete the booking
displayed with star icons. Choose your
desired flights by clicking Select
Business Travel Just Got Easier!
American Express® Online has innovative features that allow for a fast and easy booking
process. The intuitive user interface will help you build your itinerary with just a few simple
clicks. Some of the user-friendly features include:
Easy access to personal information: Your user profile and previous booking
information are organized and displayed in a way to make it easy to find and navigate.
Quickly create and share trip templates: Templates can be easily created and shared
to speed the booking process for frequently traveled destinations.
Modify searches from any page: This feature allows you to modify your search criteria
from any page and generate a new search without having to start over at the Homepage.
Flight Status and Travel Tools information: Check the status of your flight online and
use the Travel Tools linksfor access to helpful travel-related information.
Changing Your Password 3. Choose Yes to allow others to Checking Arrival/Departure Info Creating and Using Trip Templates Online Help
1. Click on Profile at the top of the Home designate themselves as your arranger. 1. Access arrival or departure information Saving an itinerary as a Trip Template: You access online help from any page by
page. 4. Then specify who has permission to from the Home page. If you are 1. From the Review Trip you can save clicking on the Help link button located at
2. Click Change Password link located in modify your account settings checking the status of a flight, select the itinerary as a template by assigning the top of each page.
the Profile Settings section. 5. Click Add a Travel Arranger to add a Flight from the drop down menu, then it a name and clicking Save Template Click the Contents link to display the
3. Enter your Current Password, specific arranger who can book travel specify the date, airline, and flight 2. Templates can also be made table of contents and select a topic.
followed by your New Password. Then on your behalf. number and click Go. accessible to other travelers. Click the Glossary link to display a list
Confirm New Password. 2. A Flight Information page appears 3. You may also create a template from a of terms used in American Express®
4. Click Save to complete the change Arranging Travel for Someone Else with the latest information where you previous booking by accessing the Online and their definitions.
1. Click Profile at the top of the Home can click the Refresh Information specific trip from the Trip page and
Change/Cancel a Reservation page button or Exit Flight Status button. saving it as a template
1. Click on Trips at the top of the Home 1. Click My Travelers in the Arranger
page. Settings section.
2. You may Modify or Remove certain 2. Click Add a Traveler to identify and Using your Trip Templates:
segments of an Active Trip by clicking add the specific travelers you will be 1. Click on Templates at the top of the
the appropriate button. booking travel for. e Travel For. Home page to view available Personal,
3. Specify who is to receive email Shared, or Company-wide templates.
Designating a Travel Arranger confirmations for trips booked online Click Select to access the desired
2. Click Profile at the top of the Home 4. To book travel for one of your travelers template
page select their name from the Arranging 2. Enter desired dates/times and click
3. Click My Arranger in the Arranger Travel For drop down menu, located at Price Itinerary to view available
Settings section the top of the Home page. options and make a booking