English for Business
1. What is the title of the book?
2. Who is the author?
3. What type of work is this?
Act I, Scene I
1. Who is the king in the beginning of the play?
2. What which country is Duncan king?
3. Describe what is meant by "Fair is foul, foul is fair."
Act I, Scene II
1. Who is Malcolm?
2. Who is Donalbain?
3. What news is brought by the sergeant to Duncan?
4. What is meant by “he unseam'd him from the nave to the chops”?
5. What is a Thane?
6. Who is Banquo?
Act I, Scene III
1. What do the witches tell MacBeth about his future?
2. What do the witches tell Banquo about his future?
Act I, Scene IV
1. What is meant by “The Prince of Cumberland!
That is a step On which I must fall down, or else o'erleap,
For in my way it lies.” and why does MacBeth “think it”?
Act I, Scene V
1. What is in the letter that MacBeth’s wife gets?
2. What is meant by “Make thick my blood,
Stop up the access and passage to remorse”?
3. What is Lady MacBeth planning?
1. Who kills King Duncan?
2. Who finds the body?
3. Who is framed for the murder?
4. What happens to the two framed for the murder?
5. What is the result of the murder – how does it affect Macbeth?
6. Where do Malcolm and Donalbain go?
7. What happens to Banquo?
9. What happens to Banquo’s son Fleance?
10. What disturbs Macbeth during the banquet?
1. When Macbeth goes back to visit the witches, who do they tell him to fear?
2. What is meant by “Nobody born of woman shall harm Macbeth”?
3. What is meant by “Macbeth shall never be vanquished till Great Birnam Wood advances
against him to the high hill at Dunsinane”?
4. What happens to Lady Mcduff? Why?
5. Who is helping Malcolm get his throne back?
1. What is wrong with Lady Macbeth?
2. How many soldiers are coming for Macbeth?
3. What happens to Lady Macbeth?
4. How do the soldiers disguise their numbers?
5. Why does Macduff want to kill Macbeth so badly?
6. How does Macbeth die?
7. Who becomes king?