The Supreme Court of South Carolina
SOUTH CAROLINA JUDICIAL DEPARTMENT
WESTLAW SUBSCRIBER SUMMARY COURTS USER AGREEMENT
The South Carolina Judicial Department (SCJD) has entered into an agreement with West Group,
dated May 1, 2002 (5/1/2002), to provide Westlaw legal research to designated personnel within
SCJD. Under this agreement, the judges of the Magistrate and Municipal Courts of South
Carolina are eligible to receive Westlaw legal research at no charge to your designated
Magistrate or Municipal Court so long as all of the following criteria are met:
1. You must have Internet connectivity from your court and chambers.
2. You must maintain a valid email address.
3. You must only use the SCJD issued account to Westlaw legal research for official SCJD
4. You must sign this user agreement and have it on file with SCJD.
5. You must notify the Summary Court legal research account coordinator of any and all
changes in the listed criteria within five (5) business days of the change.
Any and all breaches in this agreement will be addressed by the South Carolina Judicial
Department Office of Disciplinary Counsel.
This agreement and your usage of the service may be reviewed by the Supreme Court or
Westlaw at any time.
I have read and agree to the terms of this agreement that will enable me to use the Westlaw legal
research tools provided to SCJD as part of the SCJD – Westlaw Subscriber Agreement, dated
May 1, 2002 (5/1/2002).
County/Municipality Signature of Judge
Month , ****
Printed Name of Judge Date
Phone Number (***)***-****