REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS PROPOSALS
FOR: Physical Therapy Services
DESCRIPTION: Qualifications proposals for physical therapy services
from qualified firms/individuals for the Special Education
PROPOSAL Tuesday, June 10th, 2008
DEADLINE: 2:00 p.m
Qualifications Proposals for the above will be received by the San Benito Consolidated
Independent School District (SBCISD) ATTN: Ms. Theresa Cantu, Director of Special
Education at the Administration Building located at 240 North Crockett Street, San Benito,
Copies of the Request for Proposals of Qualifications Package are available at the office of
Ms. Theresa Cantu, Director of Special Education, SBCISD, 240 North Crockett Street, San
Benito, Texas 78586, phone (956) 361-6120, or at San Benito CISD web site:
This is reserved, as the interest of the SBCISD may require, to reject any or all qualifications
proposals, and to waive any formalities in proposals received and accept the proposal most
advantageous to the SBCISD.
Ms. Emma McCall
San Benito CISD
SAN BENITO CONSOLIDATED INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS
PHYSICAL THERAPY SERVICES
I. Intent and Scope
It is the intention of the San Benito CISD to engage the services of a contractor for a
Physical Therapy services for the students of the SBCISD for an undetermined number of
students when and if the District and the Program Director determine the need for such
Once Contractor initiates services, they will continue until such time as the Director and/or
the Special Education Director and the licensed therapist determine and agree that services
are no longer necessary.
Contract Service Period: This contract is expected to begin August 1, 2008 and end July
31, 2009. There will be an option to renew annually for an additional two years if both
parties agree to the renewal in writing. In no instance shall this extension be considered
II. Requirements and Conditions
A. Contractors Responsibilities
1. The Contractor will provide a complete itemized record of services rendered when
billing the district. Charges will be in accordance with the fee schedule as included
in this agreement. Other charges will be mutually agreed upon from time to time.
2. The Contractor shall update the Individual Educational Plan (IEP) as necessary and
provide end of the year recommendations via the IEP prior to the end of the school
3. The Contractor shall contact and coordinate with District’s Program Director
regarding the scheduling of service visits.
4. The Contractor shall perform discharge summaries for students no longer qualifying
for therapy services.
5. Contractor agrees that it will permit the Program Director to examine evaluate its
program of services provided under this contract and to inspect its records relating to
said services, as applicable to the students from the District.
6. The Contractor shall agree to replace, reassign or dismiss therapists if necessary
upon notification from client of unsatisfactory performance or other misconduct.
7. The Contractor shall provide progress reports every six (6) weeks as scheduled per
8. The Contractor shall provide evaluations as requested by the Special Education
9. Contractor shall provide services in accordance with the guidelines as provided by
the American Physical Therapy Association or related entity, and the State of Texas
Physical Therapy License requirements.
10. The Contractor must provide the personnel to provide direct service for children.
11. The Contractor agrees to maintain current Texas licensure along with all others
contracted by the Provider to provide services, and to maintain professional liability
12. The Contractor agrees to provide Physical Therapy treatments to those students
qualifying as set forth by the Individual Educational Plan (IEP) and approved by the
Admission, Review, and Dismissal (ARD) Committee.
13. The Contractor agrees to provide a licensed Physical Therapist (P.T.) to complete
assessments as requested in writing by the ARD Committee and submitted in a
timely manner for consideration by said committee.
14. The Contractor agrees to attend ARD Committee meetings when requested and when
Given adequate notification in writing (at least one week) and when scheduling
15. The Contractor agrees to assist students and their family with equipment referrals
16. The Contractor agrees to submit six weeks progress reports when report cards are
issued (one time per semester for consultation students).
17. The Contractor agrees to submit monthly service logs with dates and units of service
18. The Contractor agrees to provide four weeks of Extended Year Services to those
students qualifying for said services as approved by the ARD Committee.
B. District’s Responsibilities
1. The District agrees to insure that regularly scheduled payment of no less than
monthly shall be made for services rendered and invoiced.
2. The District will request services through a written referral and/or a verbal
request by the Special Education Director and/or administrative person. Payment
for services rendered shall be made by the administrative office of the District and
shall be based upon the statement for services rendered submitted by Contractor
or its designee.
3. The District agrees to provide an updated student list with student names,
campuses, and approved therapy frequencies.
4. The District agrees to provide copies of current approved IEP’s and evaluations
for each student receiving services.
5. The District agrees to provide a list of Educational Diagnosticians with their
assigned campuses and students.
6. The District agrees to provide a school calendar and a campus phone list.
7. The District agrees to notify Provider of upcoming scheduled ARD Committee
meetings in writing, by phone or fax, and outcomes concerning physical therapy
students in a timely manner.
8. The District agrees to notify Provider of assessment referrals in writing in a
Timely manner following ARD Committee recommendations.
III. Qualification Criteria
A. The primary interest of the San Benito Consolidated Independent School District
Is securing the highest quality services at a reasonable cost.
The proposer must demonstrate the capability to perform the physical therapy and
possess the integrity and general reputation of a reliable firm. The individual firm
should be able to handle all anticipated matters involving a public school system
with a general population of more than 9,500 students.
B. The proposer must include and respond to the questions listed below. It is the intent
Intent of San Benito CISD to evaluate and rate the proposer on his response to these
questions. The San Benito CISD will select the firm(s) individual(s) that is most
advantageous to the district.
1. Experience of the Physical Therapist (PT)
a. Has the PT worked with a school district of similar size?
b. What is the experience of the PT in the public schools in the Rio Grande
c. How many years have you been an PT?
2. Past Performance of the PT
d. With what other school districts have you had contracts?
e. What is your record for completing evaluations?
f. Has the PT demonstrated a history of providing reliable services?
g. Have past clients expressed a willingness to work with the PT again?