ISB Gymnastics Booster Club
ARTICLE I NAME
The name of the organization shall be ISB Gymnastics Booster Club.
ARTICLE II PURPOSE
The ISB Gymnastics Booster Club is a non-profit organization established to support and
promote the sport of gymnastics at The International School of Bangkok (ISB). Primary
focus areas will include (1) promoting the sport to ISB students and their parents, (2)
developing and executing plans to build a practice facility at ISB, and (3) raising funds to
help ISB gymnasts attend competitions and/or reduce practice related expenses.
ARTICLE III MEMBERSHIP
Membership is open to the parents and legal guardians of all ISB student gymnasts in
good standing. Parents and/or legal guardians of ISB student gymnasts in good standing
will be invited to attend ISB Gymnastics Booster Club meetings and will be entitled to
one vote per family.
A) Members in good standing are:
1. Current with ISB Gymnastics Booster Club semester fees or alternative
payment plans established with the Treasurer.
2. Have no other financial obligation to the ISB Gymnastics Booster Club.
B) Membership dues/assessments:
1. Gymnasts will be assessed fees each semester (2 semesters per school
year) to cover costs incurred by the ISB Gymnastics Booster Club.
2. Fees will be used for, but are not limited to, gym fees, competition entry
fees, travel related expenses, costs associated with awards banquets, and
Coaches’ meet fees.
3. The exact cost per gymnast will be calculated by the Treasurer and
approved by the Board at the start of each ISB semester. Gymnasts fees
will vary from individual to individual based on practice hours and other
gymnast specific fees.
ARTICLE IV EXECUTIVE BOARD
The Executive Board of the ISB Gymnastics Booster Club will consist of the following
1) President 4) Publicity Coordinator
2) Vice-President 5) Treasurer
Approved May 31, 2009 Page 1 of 4
ARTICLE V ELECTION OF OFFICERS
Officers will be elected from members of the ISB Gymnastics Booster Club. Individuals
may be nominated by others or self- nominate. Successful candidates are those
individuals with the most votes.
Each officer will be elected for a term of two (2) years. Elections will be held at the
conclusion of each ISB school academic year. Initial terms for the President and
Secretary will be for one (1) year to allow future replacement of club officers to be
ARTICLE VI RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE EXECUTIVE OFFICERS
A. The PRESIDENT shall:
1. Be the official representative of the ISB Gymnastics Booster Club.
2. Preside at all ISB Gymnastics Booster Club meetings.
3. Call special meetings as necessary.
4. Be responsible for coordinating Special Events.
5. Set dates for ISB Gymnastics Booster Club activities with guidance from
the board members.
6. Keep the President’s notebook and files current.
7. Prepare semester budgets in conjunction with the Treasurer.
8. Develop and execute multiyear plan to build a practice facility at ISB.
9. Present the ISB Gymnastics Booster Club’s Annual Report to Club
B. The VICE-PRESIDENT shall:
1. Assume the President’s duties in the absence of the President.
2. Be in charge of Fundraising Activities including obtaining sponsorships.
3. Manage ISB Gymnastics Booster Club uniform requirements (i.e. –
ordering new uniforms as needed, etc).
4. Coordinate year-end Awards Banquet.
5. Assist with Special Events.
6. Assist the President as requested.
C. The SECRETARY shall:
1. Record minutes of all official ISB Gymnastics Booster Club meetings and
distribute a copy of the minutes at the monthly ISB Gymnastics Booster
2. Be responsible for maintaining a list of participating members.
3. Maintain a file of all previous and current paperwork, including but not
limited to minutes for meetings, Club correspondence, annual reports and
4. Order office supplies and stationary when necessary.
Approved May 31, 2009 Page 2 of 4
D. The PUBLICITY COORDINATOR shall:
1. Be responsible for publicizing all the ISB Gymnastics Booster Club
meetings and events.
2. Put announcements into the ISB school bulletins and newsletters.
3. Maintain Spirit Board(s) with timely photos of ISB Gymnastics Booster
Club activities and gymnast achievements.
4. Make a scrapbook or DVD of photos of the year.
5. Update and maintain the ISB Gymnastics Booster Club webpage (linked
to the ISB website).
E. The TREASURER shall:
1. Be responsible for all funds coming into the ISB Gymnastics Booster
2. Make disbursements authorized by the ISB Gymnastics Booster Club
Board, issue receipts, and keep account of all monetary transactions for
the ISB Gymnastics Booster Club.
3. Pay all ISB Gymnastics Booster Club bills in a timely manner, require
bills to have supporting receipts, and maintain an accurate record of ISB
Gymnastics Booster Club funds.
4. Submit a written report of the financial standing of the ISB Gymnastics
Booster Club at each meeting.
5. Prepare semester budgets based on information given by ISB Gymnastics
Booster Club Board officers. Budgets will be presented to the Board each
August and December for Board approval.
6. Prepare and present all financial records and reports for audit as directed
and when directed by the Club President.
7. Prepare an annual report to be presented to ISB Gymnastics Booster Club
ARTICLE VII DUTIES OF THE EXECUTIVE BOARD
To conduct all necessary business in the intervals between meetings; to approve plans of
work of the Executive Officers and any special committees established; to prepare
updated job descriptions and annual report; to prepare the semester budgets; to pass on all
records to successors.
ARTICLE VIII FINANCES
A. The annual budget shall be reviewed and approved by a ma jority vote of ISB
Gymnastics Booster Club Executive Board at the August and December Club
B. Expenditures outside the budget in an amount not to exceed 10,000 baht may be
approved solely by the ISB Gymnastics Booster Club President, with a report o f
Approved May 31, 2009 Page 3 of 4
all such expenditures included in the next monthly financial report prepared by
C. Expenditures outside the budget exceeding 10,000 baht must be approved at a
monthly meeting or by a majority vote of all Board Members taken by phone vote
and recorded in the next monthly financial report prepared by the Treasurer.
ARTICLE IX MEETINGS
1. ISB Gymnastics Booster Club Meetings are open to ISB Gymnastics Booster
Club Members and Non-Members. Three (3) of Five (5) Executive Board
members are required to attend to constitute a quorum.
2. The President or a majority of the Executive Board may call a Special Meeting of
the ISB Gymnastics Booster Club.
3. There shall be one Annual General Meeting of the ISB Gymnastics Booster Club
held either in May or June and will include the Annual Report.
4. Meeting minutes shall be recorded and placed in a binder to be held by the
ARTICLE X GUIDELINES
There shall be a review of the ISB Gymnastics Booster Club Bylaws and working
procedures every two (2) years by a review committee composed of the ISB Gymnastics
Booster Club President and his or her designates.
ARTICLE XI AMENDMENTS
Amendments to these Bylaws shall be voted on at the ISB Gymnastics Booster Club
Annual Meeting. A two-thirds (2/3) vote of those present shall be necessary for adoption.
ARTICLE XII EXCLUSIONS
1. The ISB Gymnastics Booster Club and it’s officers are not responsible for placing
gymnasts into the proper Level(s) for competition. Coaches employed for the
club will be responsible for placing gymnasts in the proper Level(s).
2. All ISB Student Gymnasts participate in the gymnastics program at their own
risk. ISB Gymnastics Booster Club is not responsible for injuries incurred while
participating in the ISB Gymnastics Program.
Approved May 31, 2009 Page 4 of 4