Veterans Upward Bound 2004
NEW YAHOO E-MAIL ACCOUNT SET-UP
Even if you do not have an internet account you can set up a free e-mail account.
These are the steps to follow for setting up a new Yahoo e-mail account. Once you
have this account you will be able to send and receive email from any computer that
has internet access.
Open Netscape Navigator and type http://www.yahoo.com in the address bar at
the top of your screen to get to the yahoo home page. Next, follow the instructions
1. Click on “Mail”
2. Click on “Sign Up”
3. Click on “Sign Up Now" under the Free Yahoo Mail heading. There are three
and it is the left choice.
4. Type what you want your Yahoo ID to be. This will be your e-mail address. It
can be your name or a nickname. Just be careful whom you give the address
5. Type your password. This should be something you can remember very easily
but something that other people wouldn’t know.
6. Ready for the tough one? Re-type your password. That’s it. Just type it again.
7. Select your security question from the list. Click on the arrow that points down
on the right side of the box and you will have a list of questions. Pick one that
you can answer and move on.
8. Answer the question you just picked.
9. Enter your personal information. Birthday, address, etc…
10. Choose your industry from the drop down menu. For students it will be education.
11. Choose your title from the drop down menu. It will be “Student – College.”
12. Now you have a couple decisions to make. The next thing you will see is a little
box that you can check if you want your information put in a directory. The
information shown in the directory will be your real name, your city and your
state. If you don’t want to share this information, don’t check the box. Also you
are going to have the option to select some interests. JUNK MAIL ALERT! !
There may be other boxes you can check if you want to. Caution, checking them
may cause you to receive junk mail.
13. After all this hard work setting up your account, you are a click away. Click on
Congratulations, you have just set up an email account with yahoo. Good luck.
For further instruction on sending and receiving e-mail and using the account you
have just created, take the yahoo mail tour under “Help” on the yahoo home page.