COUNTY OF WINNEBAGO
TO: ALL APPOINTED AND ELECTED OFFICIALS
FROM: HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
DATE: JUNE 4, 2010
SUBJECT: BARGAINING UNIT VACANCY
Please post in your Department for a period of six (6) business days.
Applications may be completed in the Human Resources Department, Administration Bldg. Room 220.
SALARY: BASED ON EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
DEPARTMENT: ANIMAL SERVICES
Under general direction, conducts interviews, takes written statements, collect evidence and prepare cases for
prosecution by the State’s Attorney’s office. The Investigator will also secure and execute search warrants,
arrest warrants and subpoenas.
1. Works primarily on animal control cases. Including follow-up on animal related cases and will respond with
other animal services officers when requested.
2. Gathers, compiles and analyzes relevant data and information concerning cases under Investigation;
prepares case reports for assigned attorney.
3. Interviews clients, witnesses and attempts to ascertain facts of case involved, obtains reports, statements,
exhibits and other relevant facts to be referred to the appropriate attorney.
4. May be required to execute warrants as necessary and testify in court relative to facts acquired in the
5. Establish and maintain confidential records and files pertinent to cases under investigation.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
B. S. degree preferred
Current certification as a police officer through the Illinois Training Board.
Minimum of two years police experience.
Two years experience in law enforcement investigative work or related field.
Working knowledge of modern law enforcement investigative techniques and concepts.
Working knowledge of the functions and inter-relationships of county government.
Working knowledge of the Illinois State Statutes.
Ability to maintain police training and firearms training certification.
Ability to work flexible hours and independently.
Ability to recognize and gather appropriate statements, exhibits and materials acceptable for use in a court
Ability to maintain security and confidentiality during investigation activities.
Ability to prepare case reports for referral to attorneys of law.
Excellent interpersonal skills.
POSTED: 6/4/2010 EOE/MF EXPIRES: 6/11/10