Front Display Buttons Rotating LCD Display
FEATURES AND SPECS
1. Orient the laptop in the desired position.
· Brilliant 14.1” diagonal WXGA+ display 2. Press the ESC/Display Rotation button on
· Weight: 5.9 lbs. the bottom left of the display panel.
· Intel Centrino Duo Mobile Technology 3. Hold button for two seconds then release.
· Windows XP SP2
· Digital Ink to increase productivity USING TABLET FEATURES
· One-touch docking and undocking using
Express Port Replicator The Tablet PC Input Panel allows text to be inserted
· Shock Absorbing Design without typing. The Input Panel offers a writing pad
· Toshiba Hard Disk Drive Protection and a character pad that convert handwriting into
Technologies typed text, as well the option to insert characters by
· Spill Resistant Keyboard selecting them from an on-screen keyboard.
· Biometric Fingerprint Reader Opening the Laptop
· Toshiba Security Assist Console Inserting Text Using Writing Pad
· Toshiba Tablet Pen 1. Push the display release button located on
the front, center of the laptop. 1. Using the pen, tap the location where text
· CD/DVD — reader and writer should be inserted.
· 6-cell battery 2. Raise the LCD screen and adjust for
comfortable viewing. 2. Click the Tablet PC Input Panel icon
that appears on the document.
NOTE: Closing the lid does NOT turn off the
GETTING STARTED laptop. Choose shut down or place laptop in stand
3. Click the Writing Pad icon.
4. Write the text.
Docking the Laptop by mode to conserve battery life.
1. Ensure that the security lock is in the 5. Click the Insert icon.
unlocked position. Turning on Laptop NOTE: The Input Panel icon only appears
2. Align the laptop with the front clips on the when the pen is in an area that allows text entry.
docking station. 1. Locate the power switch on the bottom left
of the display. To display the Input Panel at all times, click the
3. Press it firmly down into the docking station Tablet PC Input Panel icon on the taskbar.
until it clicks. 2. Slide the power switch to the right and hold
4. If necessary, press the power button on the it until the on/off light is illuminated.
docking station to turn on the laptop. QUICK TIP
Power Button Converting to Tablet Quickly erase unwanted handwriting in the Input
Panel by scratching it out with the pen.
Eject Button 1. Slowly rotate the LCD screen 180° in a
Eject Lever 2. Flip over the display latch. Inserting Text Using On-Screen
3. Push the LCD screen down until the latch Keyboard
Front Clips clicks into place. 1. Using the pen, tap the location where text
should be inserted.
Accessing Tablet Pen 2. Click the Tablet PC Input Panel
Undocking the Laptop 1. Locate the tablet pen holder on the right side icon that appears on the document.
1. Shut down, place laptop in stand by mode, or of laptop. 3. Click the On-Screen Keyboard icon.
press the Eject button on the docking station. 2. Push the pen to release and remove from holder. 4. Tap desired keys to be inserted.
2. Pull the Eject lever on the docking station
QUICK TIP An Ink Annotations toolbar is available in all
towards you to release the laptop.
An emergency pen is located on the underside of Office applications. In Word, inking facilitates
3. Slide the laptop backwards and lift it from the marking documents during review. Various pen
docking station. the computer inside the battery module.
types, highlighters, and colors are available from
the toolbar to assist in marking Word documents, WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY
Excel worksheets, or PowerPoint slides.
The Toshiba Tecra M7 is equipped with integrated
wireless technology which allows connectivity to
Marking Using Ink Annotations in wireless network environments.
NOTE: The wireless switch must be in the “on”
1. Open a Word document. position for connection. If you aren’t able to
2. Click the Pen icon on the Ink connect, be certain the switch on the left, front
Annotations toolbar. side of the computer is in the “on” position.
3. Write or draw desired markups on
4. Click the Stop Inking icon when done.
Connecting to a Wireless Network
Erasing Ink Annotations in Word
Click Start/Settings/Network Connections.
Right-click Wireless Network Connection. TABLETS
3. Select View Available Wireless Networks.
1. Click the Eraser icon on the Ink 4. Select the desired network from list and TOSHIBA TECRA M7
Annotations toolbar. click Connect.
2. Drag the pen over the markups to be erased.
3. Click the Stop Erasing button
when done. CD WRITING
QUICK TIP Copying Files to a CD or DVD
Invert the tablet pen and use the tip as an eraser 1. Close all programs.
to quickly remove markups. 2. Insert blank CD or DVD.
3. Click Start>Programs>Sonic>
FUNCTION KEYS 4. From the Home tab, click Data Disc.
5. Click the Add Files and Folders button.
Fn + ESC Mute, increase or decrease volume 6. Navigate and select desired file(s).
Fn + F1 Lock computer 7. Click the Add button.
Fn + F2 Adjust power settings 8. Click the Burn button.
Fn + F3 Stand by mode
Hibernation mode (must be
Fn + F4
enabled in control panel first) HELP DESK SUPPORT
Fn + F5 Change display modes
Fn + F6 Decrease screen brightness x87200 or (804) 788-7200
Fn + F7 Increase screen brightness
Fn + F8 Enable or disable wireless Toll Free: 1 (877) 374-4937
Fn + F9 Enable or disable touchpad
Fn + F10 Enable cursor control keys
Fn + F11 Enable numeric keypad
Fn + F12 Enable scroll lock
Fn + Space bar Change display resolution