Pineland Telephone Cooperative’s
May/ June 2009 • An informational newsletter from Pineland Telephone Cooperative, Inc.
In This Issue: 57th Annual Meeting
Pineland Telephone would like to say THANK
• 57th Annual Meeting- Meet our New Directors YOU to all our members for making this year’s
• Cooking Corner- Bo Fulginiti Annual Meeting a success. There were 1,358
members that registered, making 2009 the biggest
• Notice to Customers:
year yet! Pineland Telephone would also like to
• Residential number for a Business welcome three new board members to Pineland
is Not Allowed Telephone! Jean Melton, John Paul Johnson and
• Notice to Area Businesses John Moore. Please join us in welcoming them to
Pineland as we all work together for the benefit of
• Around These Parts- Pineland TVPlus
• PTS Acquisition of Southeast Alarm Company
• Pine Tree Festival and Expo DVD Jean Melton- Director at Large
Mrs. Melton is a Candler County native and has
• Pineland’s Notify Plus Application
taught school at different intervals of her life but
• Notice to TVPlus Customers: her main line of work has been with Warren Peanut
Tiling on Local Channels Company, a family business. In 2005, Mrs. Melton
obtained a Georgia Real Estate License and began Wednesday April 22, 2009
working as a Sales Agent with her husband Bob,
Broker and Owner of Coldwell Banker Melton
Important Dates Realty in Metter. She is a member of the Metter
United Methodist Church and of the Sunshine
to Remember! Sunday School class. Jean is married to Bob Melton
and they have two sons and one daughter-in-law.
Analog to Digital Switch John Paul Johnson- District #3- Twin City
June 12, 2009 Mr. Johnson is an Emanuel county native. He is
the son of the late Paul and Ritha Johnson. After
graduating from Bulloch Academy in 1981, he
began farming and has owned and operated a
second generation family farm for 29 years. He
farms cotton, corn, peanuts, soybeans and wheat in
Jenkins, Emanuel, Candler and Bulloch counties. He
is a member of Elbethel Baptist Church. John Paul is
married to Monica Johnson and has four children.
John M. Moore- District #6 Adrian & Kite
Mr. Moore is a native of Emanuel county and
resides near Adrian. He is a 1979 graduate of Adrian
High School and attended East Georgia College.
Mr. Moore has been employed by the Georgia
Department of Corrections Probation Division as a
Pineland Telephone Cooperative, Inc. probation officer for the past 26 years. He currently
30 South Rountree Street • PO BOX 678 works in the Swainsboro office and supervises cases
Metter, Georgia 30439 in Emanuel and Candler counties. Mr. Moore owns
(912) 685-2121 • (800) 247-1266 and operates a second generation family farm. He
is an active member of Hebron Baptist Church. He
www.pineland.net and his wife, Rebecca (Becky) have two daughters,
Jessica and Paige.
Pineland Telephone Cooperative Inc.
Cooking Corner Use of
with for Business Purposes
Bo Fulginiti Residential services are installed
with the understanding that they will
Bo Fulginiti is a new employee for Pineland
Technology Solutions. He is the On-Air Talent be used for domestic purposes. A
for the PTS’s Video Production Group. TVPlus residential service will be changed to
customers will see Bo on TVPlus channel 5. a business service if used primarily or
substantially for business purposes or
FULGINITI’S ITALIAN GRAVY if the residential telephone number is
advertised in connection with the sale
(This is an authentic Italian recipe for Spaghetti sauce…in Italy they call all sauces gravy!) of products or services.
Ingredients: • 2 to 3 large onions
• 10 to 16 oz. olive oil • 2 large cans tomato sauce
• 3 cans tomato paste • 2 large cans tomato puree
• 1/2 clove garlic • 2 large cans of water
• 3 tbsp. parsley
• 1 tbsp. oregano
(Same size cans as sauce and puree)
Optional: flour to thicken if necessary Notice To
• Using a large saucepan, fill approximately 1/4 inch of bottom with olive oil.
• Here’s the secret: Take the garlic clove and slice numerous paper thin layers with a razor blade,
add to the oil (the garlic will liquefy as it is heated)
• Continue heating on medium heat until oil is warm and garlic is liquefied, then whisk in tomato paste.
The Berry Company is no longer
• Keep stirring (do not stop or it will burn) stir approx 15 minutes (mixture will produce dark red color). handling the Pineland Phone Book. A
•Add 2 cans of water, onions, parsley and oregano. new company, Comporium Publishing,
• Mix well and keep on medium heat for ½ hour.
• Add cans of tomato sauce and puree. will be in our area during the month.
• Mix well and let simmer with lid on the pot for approximately 3-4 hours. If you need more information call
• If excess oil arises, skim off top of pot. If not thick enough, add flour mixed with water.
• Browned ground beef or chopped veal can be added if meat sauce is desired. Pineland Telephone 912-685-2121.
A Pineland TVPlus Production: AROUND THESE PARTS
Pineland Technology Solutions wants to announce a new 30 minute weekly program with Bo Fulginiti that provides local news, sports and
human interest stories, both in and around the Pineland service area in South Georgia. This is a new summer series for Pineland TVPlus
customers and will air from June till August.
The show will spotlight both local and national news, sports, and human interest stories. Community members will have a chance to share their
thoughts, feelings, and interest and also have e-mails answered by Eddy Jones, a Pineland employee. A food segment will also be a part of the
show that highlights some of our areas best recipes, chefs, and restaurants. Around These Parts will show community photos from events in the
area where community people have been “MADE FAMOUS” while also announcing a “Photo of the Week.”
If you know of an event that is taking place in the Pineland Service area, and think it would be a good story to cover on Around These Parts,
please e-mail Bo Fulginiti at firstname.lastname@example.org and let him know. Also, you can visit www.pinelandtechnology.net and click on
the Around These Parts logo to summit your ideas. Copies of aired shows will be available for purchase for $10. Call Pineland, or check out the
web site at a later date for details.
Pineland Technology Solutions
Southeast Fire & Burglar Alarm Company
Pineland Technology Solutions (a division of Pineland Telephone Cooperative) is excited to announce its acquisition of Southeast Fire & Burglar
Alarm Company Incorporated, a local company specializing in residential and commercial fire & burglar systems, closed circuit TV systems, and
“Southeast Fire & Burglar Alarm Co. will benefit Pineland
Telephone Cooperative,” said General Manager, Richard
Price, “and will help Pineland Technology Solutions continue
its growth as a full-service technology company throughout
Southeast Georgia. Pineland feels that this acquisition is
beneficial to all of our members because it provides new
products and services along with an outstanding customer
This new acquisition will bring about the following changes:
Keith Wommack will be the security operations manager
responsible for the Southeast Fire & Burglar everyday
operations. Keith is an important member of Pineland’s
management team and brings over 20 years of security
experience to the company. In his new role as security
operations manager, Keith will work directly with customers
and provide highly competitive solutions for all their security
Additionally, Pineland Technology Solutions offers computer upgrades, repairs & service, programming solutions, LAN/WAN networking and
VOIP phone systems. Other services include local video production, web site development, and complete business solutions utilizing Cisco
Pineland Technology Solutions appreciates our customers continued loyalty as we enhance our product lines. If you have any questions or
concerns about this transition, please Call Pineland Telephone at (912) 685-2121.
Pineland TVPlus: Local Broadcast Channels and Tiling Issues
Over the last few months, Pineland TVPlus has
had problems with tiling on our local broadcast
channels. Pineland Telephone would like to ask
our customers to please be patient with us as we
resolve this issue. Due to the digital television
transition, the signals we receive from our local
affiliates are being distorted. We are currently at-
tempting to work with the local broadcast stations
to determine where this problem is occurring and the best way to resolve this issue. Relive the 2009 Pine Tree Festival
If you have any questions about your TVPlus service, please feel free to call Pineland DVD’s of full festival coverage and a separate
Telephone at 912-685-2121. We are very sorry for the inconvenience and hope to resolve DVD for the entire festival parade are
this issue very soon. Thank you for your patience and understanding. available for just $10 each!
Pineland TV Plus subscribers can also tune in to
that will allow us to
Pineland Telephone has a new service festival programming on
watch all the
communicate more efficiently with our customers! air dates:
Channel 5 during the following
Now, our Telephone customers will receive a phone call from the Pineland Office whenever there
• May but 2-4 limited to, service outages, maintenance
is an important message. This message includes,23: is notp.m. (Parade will air at 3 p.m.)
upgrades, late payment notices, and much more.
• May 26: 7-9 p.m. (Parade will air at 8 p.m.)
May 28: message (Parade will air at 8 p.m.)
When Notify Plus calls you, please listen•to the entire7-9 p.m. so you will be informed of problems
that could affect your Pineland Service. This is just another step to making the services we offer at
Pineland the best around! To order your Pine Tree Festival DVD’s today,
Permit No. 96
P.O. Box 678
Metter, GA 30439
• Jackie Kight WINNERS
• Joe Hall
• Brian Kirby
• Anne Hostilo
1. Name the three new Directors for Pineland Telephone Cooperative. • J.B. Harrison
• Christa Archambeault
a. ______________________________________________________________ • James Johns
b. ______________________________________________________________ • Joanna Cardell
c. ______________________________________________________________ • Billy Hess
• Betty L. Waters
• Johnie Ringley
2. When is the deadline for the Analog to Digital Switch? _________________________ • Gloria L. Hodges
• Don Ryckewaert
3. What is the new Notify Plus service? _______________________________________ • Pauline Belote
_______________________________________________________________________ • Steven Cavanah
Congratulations! You are the winners of Intouch
Trivia from our previous newsletter! These
4. What is the name of the Company that has joined the Pineland family? customers will receive a $5 credit on their
________________________________________________________________ Pineland Telephone bill!
Our customers are #1. Mail or bring your
5. What is the e-mail address where you can send in ideas for the new show Around These completed answers of the trivia questions to
Parts? _______________________________________________________________ Pineland Telephone Coop. for your chance to
win a $5.00 credit on your bill.
6. What would you like to see featured on Around These Parts? ____________________
_______________________________________________________________________ 15 customers will win!
Pineland Telephone Cooperative, Inc.
NAME:_______________________ NUMBER:___________________ In-Touch Trivia
** Please print your name and phone number clearly** P.O. Box 678
Metter, GA 30439