Recipient Tax Foreign
Name 1 Name 2 Address City State Zip
123-45-6789 John Smith 655 Eden Park Dr. Cincinnati OH 45202
22-3456789 Garden Supply dba Perfect Flower One Medical Ctr Dr. Lebanon NH 03756
55-7777777 Homeworks 1200 Binz Ste 910 Houston TX 77004
777-55-8888 Robert Doe 32 Home Road Toronto Ontario MCG 2G1 Canada
Instructions: (Delete the instructions and all lines below before you save the worksheet to create a clean data file)
This template is provided for you to prepare and submit1099-misc data file for eSmartPayroll to process and e-File. In addition to regular e-file charge,
a data processing fee will be computed based on your file size. Printing and mailing services can be requested upon data upload.
** Contact eSmartPayroll at Support@eSmartforms.com or (408) 935-8468 if you have questions about the Excel format.
If you are filing 1099-misc for recipient with foreign address: ex. Canada, Germany, etc…
1. Enter the country name under the column "Foreign Country"
2. Report city, province, and post code under the column "City"
3. For column "State" and "Zip", leave it blank
If you are filing 1099-misc for recipient with domesitc address: ex. Texas
1. Report the "City", "State", and "Zip" in respected column
2. For column "Foreign Country", leave it blank
A) How to prepare data file for upload
1. Each column represents a data field on a standard 1099-misc form.
2. You can delete the columns that you do not use (no data) to make the worksheet smaller.
3. Each row is one 1099-misc record.
4. The name 1 field is the full name of the recipient (as you would print on the form). Name 2 could be a second recipient or a DBA name.
5. If this is prepared by a Transfter agent, enter its name in "Name 2" field.
6. Delete the instructions and save a clean Excel worksheet with 1099-misc data only.
7. Open the saved worksheet and save it as a Text(Tab delimited) file. This Text file will be used for upload to e-file.
C) How to Upload the Text data file to e-File (Mapping data fields)
1. Log into your account at www.eSmartPayroll.com
2. Select "Main Menu" and click "1099-MISC" tab
3. Under Excel Data Mapping, choose 1099-MISC in Excel and click "E-File" link right next to it.
4. Follow instruction to select corresponding information and upload your file
5. Review the information and proceed to next page.
6. At data mapping page, make sure your data file columns are matched to the corresponding data fields on a 1099-misc form.
-If your file contains recipient with 'foreign address', make sure you map the 'Foreign Country' field
7. On the following page, select the company (payer) for this 1099-misc file (or create a company for 1st time user)
D) Company information required for 1099-misc filing
Payer name, address, city, state, zip and phone number
Payer Federal tax ID (employer ID)
Payer State, State tax ID.
The year of the 1099-misc data. (which year the data is for?)
Is this the final filing (business terminated)? (yes or no)
** Contact eSmartPayroll at Support@esmartpayroll.com or (408) 935-8969 if you have questions about the Excel format.
Box 3 Other Box 4 Federal Box 5 Fishing Box 6 Medical Box 7 Box 8
Box 1 Rent Box 2 Royalties
income tax withhold boat proceeds and health care Nonemployee Substitute
Check box for Box 9 Payment Box 10 Corp Box 13 Gold Box 14 Gross Box 16 State tax
Box 17 State1 Box 17 State1 ID
Box 9 direct sale insurance parachute paid to attorney withhold
Box 18 State1 Box 17 Box 17 Box 18
income State2 State2 ID State2