AAQG Quiltfest 2009
Jewel Box Treasures
July 10 – 11, 2009
Please complete all information. Use a separate form for each entry. Entries may be emailed this year to: SugarPieStarr@yahoo.com. You can
also mail your type-written or LEGIBLY PRINTED entry. See below for address. Keep a copy of the completed form for your records. See
back of form for rules and entry form instructions.
Entrant’s Name (First and Last):________________________________________ Category (Choose ONLY one)
Address:___________________________________________________________ ____ Theme
City/State/Zip:______________________________________________________ ____ Large Pieced
Preferred Contact Phone: _______________ Day _____ Evening _____ ____ Small Pieced
Email Address: _____________________________________________________
____ Large Appliqué
Quilt Title:__________________________ Entry Deadline – June 9, 2009 ____ Small Appliqué
Pieced by:___________________________ Entry Forms must be emailed/postmarked
by June 9, 2009. Email to: ____ Mixed Technique
Quilted by:__________________________ SugarPieStarr@yahoo.com ____ Treasure Chest
Size in Inches - Length:_____ Mail to: AAQG, Quiltfest 2009, PO Box
Width:_____ 961, Ankeny, IA 50021. Forms may also be
____ Art Quilt
Quilt Main Colors:____________________ left at Quilter’s Cupboard until end of ____ Original/Innovative
business on June 8. Design
Description: Limit of 50 words or less. Typed or Printed Only. Quilt Show Committee reserves the right to edit all descriptions.
By my signature below, I understand the AAQG or drop off site does not insure this entry and is not responsible if it is lost, stolen, or
damaged. I understand it is my responsibility to insure this entry. I agree to abide by all rules and conditions stated on this form. I also
grant the AAQG the right to photograph this entry for AAQG publicity, and/or other promotional purposes in print or electronic media.
Emailing this entry serves as your electronic signature on this form.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Cut on Dotted Line- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This portion of the form must accompany your quilt at the time you deliver it for Quiltfest 2009. Place this bottom portion in a zip lock
bag and attach it securely to the back of your quilt in the bottom right-hand corner.
Entrant’s First & Last Name:________________________________________________________________
Preferred Contact Phone: _______________ Day _____ Evening _____
AAQG Quiltfest 2009
Entry Rules and Form Instructions
• You must be a current AAQG member to enter.
• No late entry forms will be accepted.
• All entries must be entered in the name of the maker(s).
• Only emailed entries or entries with a signature and date on the form will be accepted.
• Form must be filled out completely. If you choose not to email, you may attach a type-written sheet containing
all needed information on the form or just the description.
• All entries must be clean, free of straight pins, constructed of fabric, quilted, and finished. No soiled quilts will
• Entry must not have been displayed in a previous AAQG Quilt Show.
• All entries must contain the bottom portion of the entry form in a zip lock bag and secured on the back of the
quilt in the lower right hand corner of the entry.
• AAQG will take every reasonable precaution to protect entries exhibited in this show. AAQG is not responsible
for acts of nature and other acts beyond their control.
• All entries will be displayed to the public between the hours of 9:00 A.M. – 6:00 P.M. on Friday and 9:00 A.M.
to 4:00 P.M. on Saturday.
• Entries may be dropped off at Quilter’s Cupboard, 706 SW 3rd Street, Ankeny, IA during business hours starting
July 1st and ending July 8th at Noon or you may bring them to Faith Baptist Bible College between 10:00 A.M.
and Noon on July 9th.
• Entries must be picked up between 4:30 P.M. and 5:30 P.M. on Saturday, July 11. Entries may not be picked up
before 4:30 P.M. on Saturday. A designated person picking up your entry(s) must have a signed statement from
you. Be sure to read the May and June AAQG Newsletters for more details on pick-up instructions.
• Theme – Jewel Tones – Any design. Primary colors must be jewel tone. No perimeter limitations.
• Large Pieced – 280 inches or more in perimeter
• Small Pieced (includes Wall Hangings) – 120 – 279 inches in perimeter
• Large Appliqué – 280 inches or more in perimeter. At least 50% of quilt must be appliqué.
• Small Appliqué (includes Wall Hangings) – 120 – 279 inches in perimeter. At least 50% of quilt must be
• Mixed Technique – 2 or more techniques used in the quilt top. Perimeter 160 inches or more.
• Treasure Chest (Wearables, Bags, Miniature, Table Runners) – Quilted clothing, purses, tote bags, etc. At
least 50% of the item must be quilted. No perimeter limitations.
• Art Quilt – Design is original design of the entrant. Focus is on nontraditional techniques such as: paint, beads,
crystals, thread work, yarns, or other embellishments. Perimeter up to 200 inches.
• Original/Innovative Design – Design is an original design of the entrant’s. Can use traditional blocks or
unique innovative design and/or piecing technique. Perimeter 201 inches or more.
• Viewer’s Choice – Viewer’s Choice Award
• 1st Place, 2nd Place, and 3rd Place Awards presented for each of the entry categories.
Our show is not judged. Quilts are voted on by the viewing public. Votes will be tallied by the Quilt Show Chairs, Quilt
Show Chair Elects, and 3 members of the quilt committee. Winners will be announced at the July 2009 AAQG
Be sure to include the bottom portion of the entry form with your quilt entry. It should be completed and placed in a zip
lock bag and attached to your quilt in the lower right hand corner of your quilt. Thanks for participating in this year’s
Quilt Show. We look forward to displaying your treasure!