“ ANNOUNCEMENT FOR EXTERNAL TENDER “
TENDER / DMB / 38
* VIEW BADLY NEEDED
“ GENERAL FOREIGN TRADE ORGANIZATION “ ANNOUNCES THE NEED TO PURCHASE A
( 3600 ) T. MERCHANT BARS .
* BID BOND TO BE ISSUED AT EURO.( 50.000 ) IN FAVOUR OF GENERAL FOREIGN TRADE
ORGANIZATION BY MEANS OF A CERTIFIED CHEQUE OR A GUARANTEE BOTH TO BE ISSUED BY
THE COMMERCIAL BANK OF SYRIA - BRANCH / 3 / , VALID UNTIL 21. 9. 2006 .
STATE COMPANIES AND ORGANIZATIONS ARE NOT EXEMPTED FROM ISSUING SAME.
* BID BOND SHOULD BE SUBMITTED BEFORE OFFER CLOSING DATE STATED IN THE INQ. AND
WILL BE RETURNED IMMEDIATELY IN CASE THE OFFER IS NOT COMPETITIVE.
* PERFORMANCE BOND : COVERING TEN PERCENT OF TOTAL CONTRACT VALUE TO BE
ISSUED BEFORE OPENING THE CREDIT ACC. FORMAL TEXT APPLIED BY THE SYRIAN BANKS,
* DELIVERY DELAY PENALTY : ONE PER THOUSAND PER DAY OF THE VALUE OF QUANTITIES
DELIVERED AFTER CONTRACTUAL PERIOD BUT NOT EXCEEDING ( 20 ) PERCENT OF TOTAL
* OTHER CONDITIONS AND DETAILS CAN BE OBTAINED FROM GENERAL FOREIGN TRADE
ORGANIZATION - GENERAL SECRETARIAT - AGAINST PAYING SYR . P. ( 1000 ) - ONLY
ONETHOUSAND SYRIAN POUNDS - ADDRESS AS FOLLOWS :
DAMASCUS - MAZRAA , HITEEN SQUARE -
- P.O. BOX 3136 OR 15 .
- * OFFERS ARE ACCEPTED BY SEALED ENVELOPE .AND TO BE SUBMITTED BY HAND TO
GENERAL SERETARIAT OF G. F. T. O .UNTIL 15:10 HRS ON THE CLOSING DATE , OR TO
BE SENT BY REGISTERED EXPRESS AIRMIL WITHIN THE FIXED PERIOD .
- * OFFER CLOSING DATE 21 / 6 /2006 - VALID UNTIL 21 / 8 /2006 .
- * THE OPEN SESSION TENDER WILL BE HELD IN THE OFFICE OF THE GENERAL
DIRECTORATE OF G.F.T.O ON SUNDAY 25.6.2006 AT 10.00 HRS MORNING .
- * FOR MORE INFORMATION YOU CAN LOOK INTO THE BOOK OF CONDITIONS
ANNOUNCED ON OUR WEBSITE : ( www.gfto . gov. sy ) .
THE GENERAL FOREIGN TRADE ORGANIZATION
Damascus - Syria
Our Ref: D/FAX/ Damascus: / 5 / 2006
Tender / DMB / 38
Call For External Tender
FOR THE SECOND TIME
View badly needed General Foreign Trade Organization announces the need to
purchase a quantity of (3600)T. merchant bars.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS: ACC. THE FOLLOWING:-
1- Acc .Euronorm EN/10025/1994, grade S235 JR (G1 or G2).
2- Or acc. ISO 630/1995 ,grade E 235 (FE 360).
3- Or Gost 380/94 for steel of grade ST3 ( KP or PS or SP).
- And in case of offering equivalent standard please furnish us with this standard and a prove
of such equivalence.
- Tolerances in shape and dimensions As follows:-
1- Flat bars: acc. Euronorm / EN58/ equal to German din 1017 First part .
2- Square bars: Acc.Euronorm /EN 59/ equal to German Din 1014 First part.
3- Tee bars:Acc. Din 1024/82.
Length of merchant bars: 6M, and must be weldable merchant bars as per the below mentioned
quantities and dimensions:-
merchant bars : 3600 T.
1- Square bars: 700 T.
8 X 8 mm 300 T.
10 X 10 mm 400 T.
Total : - 700T.
2- Flat bars : 900 T.
10 X 5 mm 100 T.
12 X 5 mm 200 T.
16 X 5 mm 200 T.
12 X 6 mm 200 T.
16 X 6 mm 200 T.
Total: - 900 T.
3- Tee bars: 2000 T.
25 X 25 mm 600 T.
30 X 30 mm 700 T.
35X 35 mm 700 T.
Total: - 2000 T.
-Packing Acc. International specifications which guarantee sound arrival of goods without
- Bidder should indicate goods origin and Name/Address of producing mill.
- Shipping marks: G.F.T.O.- LC- IL- Origin- Supplier- Producing Mill-Specification- Size-
Heat- Bundle’s Weight-To be stated on a metallic lable firmly fixed on both sides of the
- Bundle’s weight : 2-3 T tigthly strapped from the middle and both ends.
1-Delivery: Three months max. From receiving Workable LC.
2- Payment: against a documentary confirmed credit at sight for the companies which we had
contracts for this material . Whereas for new and intermediate companies which we deal with for
the first time payment will be effectd after receiving the goods in Syrian ports and ascertaining
their conformity with contractual specifications, by a letter from (G.F.T.O.) to the Commercial
Bank of Syria indicating approval of payment. This letter is considered as one of payment
documents. The Syrian Bank will notify payment to the Correspondent Bank after receiving
- Final confirmation and opening credit is subject to obtain the approval of Syrian competent
authorities. (G.F.T.O.) has the right to open divisible credit.
- Commissions and charges of opening LC inside Syria will be born by opener of LC.
Commissions and charges outside Syria will be born by beneficiary .
3-Prices: please furnish us with your firm ,Final and unbreakable prices as per the provisions
of Act No. 51/2004 in EURO per ton for above lot basis:-
- Fobs Stowed stating seaport, shipping port , transport , loading , packing conditions ,
loading rates and demurrage .
- C&F liner terms Tartouss or Lattakia. Bidder should adhere to transport the quantity
through Syrian General Organization For Maritime Transport- Address as follows:
SYRIAMAR - Lattakia, fax: 00963 - 041 (238164 - 475781), provided that coordination
to be made between the company and Syriamar in this concern.
- G.F.T.O has the right to choose either term.
- Partial offer and partial confirmation is allowed.
4-Conditions Of Over Age Premiums Of The Vessels Are As Follows:
- Chartered vessels not exceeding (15) years of age don’t involve any over-age premium.
- Regular vessels not exceeding (25) years of age don’t involve any over-age premium.
And to accredit a regular vessel one of the two following terms should be realized:-
i- Vessel should belong to a regular line, which has a regular annual contract with Syrian general
organization for maritime transport.
ii- Or vessel should belong to international regular line which has a regular contract with shipping
agencies Co. (Shipco.), which should in turn have notified Syrian insurance Co. with regular
sailing schedules of such line. These schedules should be accepted and accredited by them.
iii- All chartered vessels exceeding (15) years of age and regular vessels exceeding (25) years of age
involve over-age premium acc. to classification of vessels issued by Lloyds International on
21/4/92, which is presently accredited by the Syrian Insurance Co.
5-(G.F.T.O) has the right to increase or decrease the quantity by (25) PCT upon confirmation.
6-In case of contracting supplier should bear consular legalization fees on the documents
requested in L/C as follows:-
- USD. 10 Per each certificate or price’s list not containing an amount.
- One percent of the value per each certificate or price’s list containing an amount for goods that
have a value provided the amount not to be less than USD 16 and not exceeding USD 1500.
7-Foreign bidders should nominate a commercial agent in Syria in case they are awarded
with the offer. These companies should submit a document about nomination of their
commercial agent who is duly registered in Syrian Arab Republic. Such document is
considered one of the essential conditions for contracting.
The following is exempted from regulations of above item:-
- Foreign companies and organizations that have permanent branch in Syria have to present a
registration copy of their branch in S.A.R. upon being awarded with the tender.
8-Suppliers awarded with the tender should pay stamps taxation fees incurred on the contract
at the rate of eight per thousand of total contract value provided to be settled within 30 days
starting from the day following opening of confirmed LC against a foreign transfer to Central
Bank Of Syria for the account of directorate of finances Damascus No. 3541/23.
9-Egyptian companies offering Within equivalent transaction,payment will be acc. terms of
this transaction in addition to payment by documentary credit.These companies are exempted
from submitting bid bonds and performance bonds.
10-Awarded co. undertakes to instruct carriers upon shipment to deliver the goods against an
undertaking to submit original bills of lading later on ,for fear that vessal arrives in the port
before receiving original B/LS.
CONDITIONS FOR NEW COMPANIES:
New companies participating in the tender are requested to submit the following documents with
i- Information about the company status - establishment date - capital - range of activities - legal
status and the parties with whom they had contracts inside and outside Syria duly certified by the
Chamber of Commerce and legalized by Syrian Embassy in the company’s country.
ii- Information about financial status - obligations - commercial activities - and extent of adherence to
fulfil their contracts, provided that documents containing such information should be duly issued by
the bank accredited by the company in its country. If necessary time for legalization is short you can
send a copy of said documents with the undertaking to be legalized and sent later on.
iii- A declaration of adherence to Israel boycott terms, in the past and in future.
- In case a new company is awarded for the first time, buyers have the right to fix the quantity, which
could be concluded with such company, (if partial confirmation is allowed), in the light of its
financial solvency, commercial reputation and the extent of fulfilling its obligations.
CONDITIONS FOR ALL COMPANIES:
1-Bid Bond: at (Euro 50.000) issued by the Commercial Bank Of Syria branch /3/ Damascus, to be
submitted definitely before offer closing date acc. validity indicated in the offer, valid for one month
after date of deciding about the offers i.e. until 21/9/2006.
- Bid bond will be returned directly to the bidder if his offer is not awarded or accepted, while it will
be released upon submittance of final guarantee by the bidder who is awarded with the tender or it
can be increased to cover the value of required performance bond.
2-Performance Bond: At 10 Pct of total contract value to be issued acc. Syrian formal text applied by
the Commercial Bank Of Syria within (15) days max. from date of final confirmation.
3-Delivery delay penalty one per thousand per day but not exceeding 20 pct of total contract value.
4-Inspection: By an international inspection co.assigned by G.F.T.O and on their account to inspect
the materials during production, loading and shipment at loading port. Their certificate will be
considered one of documents to cash the value. Inspection certificate does not exempt suppliers from
their responsibility for contradiction of specifications or hidden defects, which may be revealed upon
receiving the goods in the destination port. Buyers have the right to send a technical delegation to
participate with the inspection co. in lot’s inspection.
5-In case of dispute, both parties will try to solve it amicably, otherwise, it will be referred to the
administrative court in Syrian Arab Republic. And our ORG. has the option to refer the subject to
arbitration before the state council in Syrian Arab Rebublic.
6-Israel boycott terms will be applied on awarded company, producing mill and carrying vessels.
Buyers shall have the right to cancel the contract in case of not adhering to this term.
- General terms and conditions of General Foreign Trade Organization will be considered the
reference for all interpretations of contractual terms not mentioned herein.
- Offer closing date 21 /6/2006 valid until 21 /8 /2006.
OFFERS TO BE SUBMITTED AS FOLLOWS:-
- A sealed envelope within the fixed period for receiving offers, as follows:-
- First envelope contains:-
1- Bid bond and information about the Co. Its financial solvency with supporting documents
issued by the Chamber Of Commerce at the company’s country and by the banks they
2- Application for participation in the tender.
3- Bidder's adherence to all tender's terms ,general terms of G.F.T.O , provisions of
act No50/2004 and decree No.450/2004.
4- A written declaration from the bidder that he is not barred from participation in
tenders or contracting with public parties or there is a precautional or executive
attachment on his property in favaur of public parties.
5- Bidder should put a fiscal stamp at the value of SYR.L 1000 on the application for
participation in the tender .
6- A declaration from bidder that he studied book of general and special conditions
(legal, financial and technical) and lists of supplied items and that he accepts all
what was stated in these documents of terms and provisions.
7- Bidder should fix a chosen domicile and he should advise by writing in case of
changing to a new domicile ,otherwise,all notifications sent to his first chosen
domicile are definitely correct.
- Second envelope contains Financial/Commercial offer.
- Each envelope is sealed and stating its contents.Above both envelopes to be put in a third
sealed one indicating name/address of the General Foreign Trade Organization
(G.F.T.O.), tender’s No., quantity, material and option. And it should be directed to
(G.F.T.O.) Damascus - Houtin Square - P.O. Box3136 or 15.
- offers to be delivered by hand to the General Secretariat of (G.F.T.O.) or to be sent by
registered express airmail within the above fixed period.
- Offers contradicting above items will be neglected.Offers will be opened on Sunday
25.6.2006 at 10:00 hrs a.m in an open session at the office of General Directorate of
DR. MARWAN AL - FAWAZ