last updated August 30, 2010
FY 10-11 5th Avenue Study Implementation Schedule 
November 2009 --
FY 10-11 Implementation Action Item April 2010 May June July August September October November December January 2011 February March April
1. Naperville Metra Station Bus Depot and Commuter Access Feasibility Study - Conduct an June 2010 - Submitted grant application for Regional Transportation Authority (RTA) 2011 Community
Land Use Parking
engineering feasibility study for a bus depot in the vicinity of the Naperville Metra Station, 
Planning Program. Study initiation pending outcome of grant award selection.
including an evaluation of the configuration and accessibility of a bus depot, as well as
bus movements north and south of the train station.
4. Initiate an amendment to evaluate the zoning ordinance to address mixed-use Anticipated project initiation in 2011.
development and notify affected property owners of the intent to rezone.
6. Initiate an amendment to evaluate the front and major arterial setback requirements for Anticipated project initiation in 2011.
properties fronting Washington Street between Ogden Avenue and Benton Avenue.
Setback requirements should provide for a uniform setback along Washington Street, and
should also accommodate the Washington Streetscape.
11. Install a railing extension on Washington Street near the BNSF underpass. Completed
13. Eliminate on-street parking space(s) on the south side of North Avenue immediately east City Council approval on July 20, 2010. Work
of Center Street to increase line of sight. anticipated to commence September 2010.
15. Eliminate on-street parking spaces on 5th Avenue, immediately adjacent to the City Council approval on July 20, 2010. Work
intersections between Ellsworth Street and Loomis Street, to increase sight distance. anticipated to commence September 2010.
17. Evaluate signal timing modifications to provide for split phase easbound/westbound
movements in order to reduce conflicts between the DuPage Children s Museum and
18. Evaluate installation of a leading pedestrian phase on School Street at Washington Street
with a pedestrian "walk" signal starting before the vehicular "green" signal.
19. Develop a "Bike to Metra" brochure for the Naperville Metra Station. Completed
D1. Evaluate additional signage (e.g., "Yield to Pedestrians", "Stop Here for Crosswalk" or
"Do Not Block Intersection") at the intersection of 5th Avenue/Ellsworth Street.
D2. Evaluate additional signage (e.g., "Yield to Pedestrians", "Stop Here for Crosswalk" or
"Do Not Block Intersection") at the intersection of 5th Avenue/Loomis Street.
D3. Conduct a crosswalk warrant analysis for the east leg of North Avenue at Washington
Street. If warranted, install crosswalk striping.
 Anticipated project schedule, subject to change.
 Study timeline and public participation opportunities to be determined.
WE ARE HERE