RULES AND REGULATIONS
The Town of Greeneville has established the following rules for your safe and enjoyable use of this facility
under the direction of the Greeneville Parks and Recreation Department:
• Skateboards and In-Line Skating only! NO BIKES ALLOWED!
• ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST SIGN A WAIVER ANNUALLY, EACH JUNE, PRIOR TO USING
THE SKATE PARK , AT WHICH TIME THEY WILL RECEIVE AN IDENTIFICATION CARD
AS PROOF THEY HAVE COMPLIED WITH REGULATIONS FOR USE OF THE SKATE
PARK. IF A MINOR, THE WAIVER MUST BE SIGNED BY BOTH PARENTS OR A
GUARDIAN. The registration and waiver forms will be at the Greeneville Parks & Recreation
Center at 456 East Bernard Avenue, also during summer hours at the Hardin Park Pool.
• Children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by an adult.
• WARNING STATEMENT: Skateboarding and skating can be hazardous and can
cause serious injury. SKATE AT YOUR OWN RISK. The City will not be
responsible for any injury to persons or loss of property. Users of the skate park, by
participation, acknowledge and fully accept these risks.
• Park is open from 8:00a.m.until 10:30p.m. April – Sept., 7:00p.m. Oct. – Mar. Park will not be open
in inclement weather. Anyone inside the fenced area when park is closed will be considered
trespassing under Tennessee law.
• Proper helmets are required for all ages and must be well fitted and must be used in
accordance with accepted industry specifications. Elbow and knee pads
• No personally owned ramps, boxes or other similar devices allowed.
• Food and beverages are not allowed on the skating area, and no glass is permitted
inside the fenced area. Keep area free from trash and litter.
• None of the following is permitted at the Park:
Alcohol Tobacco Products Loud Music
Drugs Fighting Profanity
Graffiti/tagging Pets Weapons
• Skating at this facility is unsupervised; however City staff will be on site at irregular
times. Users must follow their directions.
• Skate safely and be courteous to other skaters. Know your limits; do not use ramps or
rails beyond your ability level. Share and take turns.
• This is your park! Please keep it clean and friendly. Encourage all users to do the
• Report any damage, hazardous conditions, concerns or suggestions to the Greeneville
Parks and Recreation Department 638-3143. For emergencies call 911.
• HAVE FUN!
Town of Greeneville
AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
Name: _________________________________________(skater) Date of Birth:________________________
Parent’s Names (If minor):_____________________________________________________________________
Telephone (Home): ________________________________ (Work):__________________________________
Emergency Contact: ________________________________________Telephone:______________________
Nearest Relative Name
READ CAREFULLY. This is a General Release of Claims for Injury:
In consideration of the use of the Town of Greeneville, TN Skate Park granted to the
undersigned by the Town of Greeneville, I, for myself, my heirs, personal representatives, and
assigns, or as the skater’s parents/legal guardian if skater is a minor, recognizing the dangers and
risks associated with skateboarding/in-line skating (including the risk of serious physical injury or
death), do hereby assume said dangers and risks involved in and associated with skateboarding/in-
line skating activities at the Town of Greeneville Skate Park, and do forever discharge the Town of
Greeneville, its agents, servants, and/or employees, of and from any and all claims, demands,
damages, actions, causes of action, or suits of every kind, character, and description which I, my
heirs, personal representatives, and assigns, or as the skater’s parents or legal guardian if the
skater is a minor, may have for, on account of, or in connection with the permission extended to
enter and use the Town of Greeneville Skate Park, or in any other manner, directly or indirectly,
resulting from, arising out of, or in connection with my entering the Town of Greeneville Skate Park.
By signing this agreement I am acknowledging that I have been given a copy of and have
read the Skate Park Rules and Regulations and I agree to abide by the same. The individual skater
and/or parents/guardian of the minor skater must sign this form with proper I.D. in presence of the
Greeneville Parks and Recreation Department staff.
Participant Signature Date
Parent 1 /Guardian Signature if Minor Date
Parent 2 Signature Date
If the parents/guardian of the minor skateboarder/in-line skater is not available to sign this form in the
presence of the Greeneville Parks and Rec. Department staff, then such Parents/ guardian must have this form
Personally appeared before me__________________________and acknowledged the execution of the
foregoing as his/her free act and deed. This ____of ______, 200_.
Exp_________ _________________________________ (SEAL)