Protective Marking NOT PROTECTIVELY MARKED Publication Scheme by nikeborome

VIEWS: 8 PAGES: 15

									Protective Marking   Not Protectively Marked
Publication Scheme   Y
Y/N
Title                Minutes of IMSG meeting 15/12/2004
Version              1
Summary              Record of discussion and decisions reached
Branch / OCU         DCC10(6)
Date created         22/12/2004
Review date          22/12/2006
               INFORMATION MANAGEMENT STEERING GROUP (IMSG)
                 NOTE OF A MEETING HELD ON 15 DECEMBER 2004



Present:

      Ailsa Beaton      Director of Information (Chair)
      John Yates        DAC, SCD
      Alfred Hitchcock  Commander, Criminal Justice
      Brian Moore       Commander, Crime Operations
      Peter Goulding    Chief    Superintendent,     TP   Modernising Operations
                        Programme
      Keith Dickinson   MPA
      Richard Earland   Group Director Information Programme, DoI
      Derek Hubbard     Group Director Service Delivery, DoI
      Steve Farquharson Group Director, Business Development, Liaison and
                        Strategy, DoI
      Ron McPherson     Commander, DCC10(4)
      Claire Appleby    HR Directorate
      Sharon Burd       Director of Finance
      Gill Chaddock            Finance Services
      Prakash Mistry    Finance Services
      Katie Dodd        Corporate Change Programme
      Mike Fraser       DoI Secretariat
      Julia Ward        DoI Secretariat (Secretary)

1    APOLOGIES

1.1 Apologies were received from Sir Ian Blair, Commissioner Designate (represented
    by Ailsa Beaton); Richard Bryan DCC (represented by Katie Dodd); Simon Bray,
    Commander SCD; Cheryl Avery, Procurement Services; Kim Harding, Finance
    Services (represented by Prakash Mistry); Brian Paddick, TP (represented by Brian
    Moore); Keith Luck (represented by Sharon Burd); Bob Broadhurst, Commander,
    TP (represented by Peter Goulding); Martin Tiplady (represented by Claire
    Appleby); and Reshard Auladin, MPA.

2    MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING AND MATTERS ARISING

2.1 Members agreed the minutes of the previous meeting (15 September 2004) as a
    true record.

3    MATTERS ARISING

3.1 Members noted the contents of the Secretary’s update on matters arising, as
    amended at this meeting (attached).




4    2004/5 WORK PROGRAMME – PROGRESS REPORTS

     IPG Programme Overview (Paper IMSG(04)32)

                                                                         Page 1 of 14
                INFORMATION MANAGEMENT STEERING GROUP (IMSG)
                  NOTE OF A MEETING HELD ON 15 DECEMBER 2004


4.1 Richard Earland reported that changes in the Information Programme Group (IPG)
    continued in terms of timely and costly delivery. A large proportion of the Group’s
    Senior Management Team were consultants and interim managers, but recruitment
    activity was currently under way to find permanent staff.

4.2 The infrastructure was being brought together under one single programme of work
    which was managed by the Infrastructure Programme Board. As systems were
    integrated, infrastructure would become increasingly important. Members were
    asked to ensure that their areas of the business were adequately represented on
    the Infrastructure Senior Users Assurance Group (ISUAG).

     ACTION: ALL

4.3 The significant progress made against planned work since the previous meeting
    was outlined. This included the delivery of technology into the C3i Programme in
    the successful start to the MetCall service, resolution of a number of business and
    technology issues in relation to National Strategy for Police Information Systems
    (NSPIS) Case and Custody, implementation of the South Wales warrant system by
    the target date, and roll out of the Violent and Sex Offender Register (ViSOR)
    being on target for January 2005.

4.4 The financial position of IPG was summarised. An overspend was currently
    forecast, but downward pressure was being exerted to bring the forecasts both in
    terms of capital and revenue down close to budget. Members were thanked for
    their assistance on this over the last three months.

     SRO Workstream Reports (Paper IMSG(04)33)

4.5 Members had before them a summary report from each Workstream SRO,
    outlining progress on projects and realising benefits. Each SRO was invited to give
    a verbal update on these reports.

     Intelligence

4.6 John Yates, SRO Intelligence Workstream, reported that CRIMINT (Criminal
    Intelligence) Plus had been re-planned to the satisfaction of both the technical
    experts and business end users. Roll out was to start in January, with associated
    training to support it, and it was hoped that the system would be across the Met by
    the end of May 2005.

4.7 A review paper on the benefits around the Integrated Information Platform (IIP) had
    been produced and was likely to be brought to the next meeting of the IMSG.

4.8 Members noted that the Universal Police National Computer (PNC) via AWARE
    project was not currently funded, and Sharon Burd asked where this fitted into the
    limited capital programme. Richard Earland clarified that this was a critical project
    to address the fact that there were currently 12-15 different ways to access PNC,
    particularly as all of those routes ran over the X25 which was to be switched off in a
    year’s time. This was regarded as a cost pressure which would need to be funded


                                                                             Page 2 of 14
                INFORMATION MANAGEMENT STEERING GROUP (IMSG)
                  NOTE OF A MEETING HELD ON 15 DECEMBER 2004

     as part of the capital programme for 2005-6.

4.9 Richard Earland noted that in coming years there would have to be adequate
    investment in infrastructure to keep up the quality of service and address
    integration issues. This would form a key part of discussions over next year’s
    programme.

     Crime Management

4.10 Brian Moore, SRO Crime Management, provided an update on Metafor. The
     supplier and scope selection board had sat the previous day and Northrop
     Grumman had been selected as the supplier of choice at this stage. The contract
     award was planned for late February 2005. Members noted that it had emerged
     that the requirement for resource was approximately £400,000 more than was
     currently available in the budget line. This was significant given the current financial
     pressures. Brian Moore and Richard Earland would be considering the options to
     resolve this issue. The project was on time, and with the exception of the £400,000
     shortfall was close to its tolerance zone on budget levels.

4.11 Ailsa Beaton noted that some new pieces of work might appear to pick up
     disproportionate costs in not delivering the same business benefit per pound as
     previous pieces of work because of the necessity to use contractors once in-house
     staff resources were at full capacity. Discussion was needed with Finance about
     how to assess projects on the same basis.

     ACTION: RICHARD EARLAND

4.12 Brian Moore reported that National ViSOR was progressing on budget and on time
     to complete by March 2005. Crime Reporting Information System (CRIS) Release
     10 Enhancements were also on target. The new piece of work required in response
     to the National Crime Record Standards (NCRS) Audit 2004 had been costed at
     approximately £250,000, and this had been built into the budget. EDS could deliver
     that work in the financial year.

4.13 Brian Moore went on to provide an update on MERLIN (a tool providing access to
     information on missing persons and young people). The final ‘essential
     enhancements’ were on target to be completed by March 2005. There was an
     emerging phase 2 of MERLIN work, part of which related to risk assessment and
     facilities to contact other agencies. The drawing together of estimates of cost for
     phase 2 of MERLIN was being accelerated so as to inform both the MPS and
     others who might be interested in bidding to support the MPS. Those estimates of
     cost would be brought back to the IMSG in due course.

4.14 Ailsa Beaton noted that requests for MERLIN enhancements had flagged up the
     fact that on some historic applications there was a team which managed the
     application and took decisions about when ‘minor enhancements’/maintenance
     became new developments. However with some of the new systems there was no
     team to perform this function, and every change therefore became a new
     development. The DoI needed to come up with some rules and regulations, for
     example to define the number of man-days which constituted maintenance/minor
     enhancements. This would still be governed by the workstream. Brian Moore

                                                                                Page 3 of 14
                INFORMATION MANAGEMENT STEERING GROUP (IMSG)
                  NOTE OF A MEETING HELD ON 15 DECEMBER 2004

     welcomed this suggestion which would be raised in relation to the request for the
     new MERLIN requirement.

4.15 Turning to Custody Imaging, Brian Moore reported that the Project Board was to
     meet on Friday to consider what it was going to do and in what order to achieve an
     in-year spend. The project was on target to deliver by the end of the financial year.
     Overall, the workstream was looking quite stable.

     Criminal Justice

4.16 Alfred Hitchcock, SRO Criminal Justice, provided an update on NSPIS Custody
     and Case. The Newham pilot had been evaluated and a report produced. The
     Police Information Technology Organisation (PITO) had selected a supplier for the
     data centre and was awaited the go-ahead before going to procurement. The MPA
     had agreed the funding for the project at its meeting on 7 December. Once the
     date for data centre availability was known, the roll out by borough and timetable
     would be planned.

4.17 The remaining problem at national level was the Crown Prosecution Service’s
     (CPS) insistence on receiving case files from the MPS both electronically and in
     hard copy. A piece of work to qualify and quantify the disbenefits to the MPS of this
     process had identified £1.4 million per annum disbenefits. Alfred Hitchcock had
     raised this issue on the national agenda, and was about to write to Stephen
     Rimmer, the Home Office lead, to invite him to meet to talk about what needed to
     be done.

4.18 Ailsa Beaton noted that the national Case and Custody Steering Group, chaired by
     Stephen Rimmer, considered itself responsible for national policing problems rather
     than looking at the whole business process around Criminal Justice, and that it was
     for the Department for Constitutional Affairs (DCA) to deal with these other issues.
     Alfred Hitchcock noted that it was at Government level that pressure needed to be
     put on the DCA.

4.19 Alfred Hitchcock reported the Traffic Reporting and Information System (TRIS) was
     running slightly behind schedule. The contract award was anticipated in December.
     Richard Earland noted that the benefits report indicated that it was unlikely that the
     benefits listed would be realised, and asked about the process to ensure that there
     was a viable benefit plan before an investment decision was made. Alfred
     Hitchcock explained that as part of the centralisation of traffic criminal justice units,
     paper-based systems had been introduced which had delivered benefits by
     yielding staff to various criminal justice functions. The case had then been made
     that introducing IT systems would not deliver additional benefits, but IT had been
     envisaged as a key part of the centralisation process and a paper setting out how
     there could be further benefits had been produced. It was noted that the DoI
     benefits team would continue to assist in revisiting the business profile for TRIS.

4.20 Members noted that the South Wales Warrants Management System had been
     rolled out and every warrant in police hands in London had been inputted onto the
     system. Alfred Hitchcock paid tribute to the DoI for delivering the system in a very
     short timescale, and to Operation Emerald for providing the business process to
     support the delivery.

                                                                                 Page 4 of 14
                INFORMATION MANAGEMENT STEERING GROUP (IMSG)
                  NOTE OF A MEETING HELD ON 15 DECEMBER 2004


     Patrol

4.21 Peter Goulding, representing Bob Broadhurst, Patrol SRO, provided an update on
     MetTime benefits and progress. The findings of the detailed ‘end of stage’ review
     would be presented to the Workstream sponsor and Director of Information during
     December, and brought to the next meeting of the IMSG.

4.22 Peter Goulding went on to report that Integrated Borough Operations (IBOs) were
     on track in terms of delivery and being within budget allocated for tranche 1. The
     MPS was currently able to deliver the requirement to meet Metcall with the
     exception of Westminster and Lambeth which might require more than the funding
     envelope allowed. The workstream was in discussion with business users about
     how they wanted to do business and was advising them to take this back through
     TP in the first instance.

4.23 Funding had been allocated to the Patrol workstream for STOPS Enhancements,
     and the MPS was on track to deliver by April 2005 the changes to the database
     needed to match legislative requirements. With regard to Public Order Strategic
     Management Information System (POSMIS), the workstream was looking with
     users to see whether a replacement was required at this stage, and the priority
     which should be given to that project when considered alongside all other projects.
     Bob Broadhurst would report back to the IMSG in due course.

     Resources

4.24 Gill Chaddock representing Keith Luck, Resources SRO, provided an update on
     Link Phase III and II. Go-live for the Transport Services project was scheduled for
     May-June 2005, earlier than originally expected. Phase 1 of the Property Services
     project was also on track to be implemented in July-August 2005. Both Property
     and Transport were on target for this year, but next year was under-funded.

4.25 Ailsa Beaton noted that Property Services had justified going for the more
     expensive Raindrop solution rather than a SAP solution on the basis of significantly
     better local business benefits. As a point of principle, any business group doing
     that should pick up the funding gap as pressure would otherwise be put on other
     groups. This should not form part of the ‘pot’ being discussed in the 2005-6 funding
     round. This point should be made to Property Services before the round of funding
     discussions began. Gill Chaddock noted that more detail about the monies for the
     project would be provided in the business case.

4.26 Gill Chaddock outlined the current situation with regard to other projects in LINK
     Phase II. Solutions including a SAP solution were being considered for Vehicle
     Recovery and Examination Service (VRES) because the current access database
     had significant shortcomings and it was not feasible to continue to patch it up. A
     business case profiling costs over the next 3 years was being produced.

4.27 Updates were also provided with regard to small projects where funding had been
     brought forward from the previous year – Catering Weekly Payroll and Electronic
     Point of Sale (EPOS) Proof of Concept – and also PSD Applications Migration to
     AWARE project for which IMSG funding would be required (the cost estimate had

                                                                             Page 5 of 14
                INFORMATION MANAGEMENT STEERING GROUP (IMSG)
                  NOTE OF A MEETING HELD ON 15 DECEMBER 2004

     been reduced to approximately £170,000). Transport Services Applications
     Migration to AWARE and Build-on-line were being funded locally by Transport and
     PSD respectively. A few projects had been identified and it was hoped that these
     would be started in the New Year. Local funding was being sought as these
     projects, particularly Accounts Payable Document Management, were high priority.
     The outlook in the workstream for 2005/6 was a net underfunding, but this was
     subject to business cases and review.

     Performance and Management Information

4.28 Katie Dodd representing Richard Bryan, SRO Performance and Management
     Information, spoke to the paper which had been issued setting out the business
     case for funding of analytical tools to support corporate and local performance
     monitoring, including the ‘Signalsfromnoise’ proof of concept. At this stage this was
     a ‘best guess’ as the performance monitoring framework for the organisation was
     yet to be finalised and needed to be in line with the new Commissioner’s vision and
     the way Management Board wanted to do business. Members noted the
     recommendation that the IMSG reserve £136,000 capital and £10,000 revenue in
     2005-6 to support implementation of analytical tools to support performance
     management. This would be added to the list of aspirations for 2005-6. Richard
     Earland noted that there was currently approximately £24 million available for next
     year, and £50 million worth of aspiration. The IMSG would fairly soon need to get
     to the point of having a balanced and affordable programme.

4.29 John Yates spoke to the paper which had been issued setting out the business
     case for funding a software tool (SEMAGIX) solution to support analysis across
     units within the MPS. The Bichard Steering Group felt that these two pieces of work
     needed to be considered together to see which would deliver maximum benefit to
     the organisation in terms of information data and quality, and the response to
     Bichard. Members noted the recommendation that the IMSG consider a future
     potential need for £1.86 million capital and £140,000 revenue in 2005-6 to support
     implementation of the ASSET stage 2, along with the change management,
     training and maintenance costs yet to be identified.

4.30 Steve Farquharson noted that the DoI’s benefits team was on offer to assist people
     in ensuring that there was no double-counting of benefits.

     Information Management

4.31 Steve Farquharson, Information Management SRO, reported that since the
     previous IMSG meeting, the workstream had been focusing increasingly on FOIA
     as 1 January 2005 approached. It had also been looking at the Information
     Management Code of Practice from a Bichard perspective. Alongside that, work
     had been done on the Information Strategy and Information Management Strategy,
     and proposals had been drafted for a Business Process Strategy; these would be
     considered later in the meeting. All other work activities continued largely to plan.
     The Information Directory continued to be populated. Enhancements to the
     Records Management System had been agreed and would form part of future
     bidding requirements if it was decided that the system needed to be replaced.



                                                                              Page 6 of 14
               INFORMATION MANAGEMENT STEERING GROUP (IMSG)
                 NOTE OF A MEETING HELD ON 15 DECEMBER 2004

     Infrastructure

4.32 Richard Earland, SRO Infrastructure Programme, provided a progress report on
     the workstream, including mobile data, Enterprise Application Platform, Network
     Fitness and Telephony Switches. He noted that there was important work to be
     done in relation to Network Security to ensure that the MPS would know the
     implications of running higher levels of security across the infrastructure.

     HR

4.33 Claire Appleby, representing Martin Tiplady, SRO Human Resources, provided an
     update on the implementation of MetHR Enhancements. A benefits realisation plan
     had been developed and implementation of the main benefits was anticipated in
     January to June 2006 with subsidiary benefits coming through in January 2007.
     There were some concerns about the integrity of data and resources for training
     which would be compounded by the MetHR project, and these would be worked
     through with business groups and DoI over the coming few weeks. Ailsa Beaton
     noted that it would be important to start the new Commissioner’s term with a clear
     view about how MetHR enhancements fitted into the broader issue of the
     modernisation of the MPS.

4.34 It was agreed that a position paper on the MetTime and MetHR piece should be
     produced for the March IMSG meeting. This should include exploration of how to
     develop a skills database to feed into MetTime so that staff could be deployed
     appropriately according to skills as well as geographical location.

     ACTION: CLAIRE APPLEBY

     Response

4.35 Ron McPherson, Response SRO, reported that Corporate Gazetteer (GAZ) and
     Geographic Information System (GIS) were being rolled out across the Metcall
     system, and would go into IBOs shortly. MetDuties would be rolled out to the 6
     boroughs going into Metcall centres through to April 2005. Strategic work was
     being done on where MetDuties met MetTime, and Ron McPherson and Mike
     Aston were considering a report on that issue.

4.36 Command and Control had been through all the enhancements needed to deliver
     the Metcall service. Members noted that any corporate variations to the Command
     and Control system would not be made over the next 18 months whilst the Metcall
     transition was taking place. The Contact Handling System had completed factory
     acceptance testing and would be handed over to testing and then to the training
     team to deliver into Bow Metcall centre in March-May 2005. The system enabled
     the MPS to be better sighted on its requirements from the public and how the
     organisation was able to deal with those requirements.

4.37 Ron McPherson noted that C3i and Metcall were the platform on which the
     Commissioner-designate would base his strategy of modernising the way London
     was policed, and on which the MPS’ thinking must be based.

     MPS ICT Development Programme Financial Requirements 2005/6 (Paper

                                                                           Page 7 of 14
                INFORMATION MANAGEMENT STEERING GROUP (IMSG)
                  NOTE OF A MEETING HELD ON 15 DECEMBER 2004

     IMSG(04)34)

4.38 Richard Earland outlined the forecast of potential capital requirement against the
     current budget for 2005/06. Taking into account commitments against budget,
     known cost pressures and proposed business cases for new investment, current
     aspirations could not be met from the funds available, and the potential shortfall
     was in the region of £18 million capital, and £4.18 million revenue.

4.39 IMSG agreed with the recommendation that, as last year, a special group including
     workstream SROs should meet to prioritise cost pressures and emerging issues
     using agreed weighted evaluation criteria. Steve Farquharson noted that one of the
     key evaluation criteria for this process should be around how various pieces of
     work would deliver business benefits to the organisation. A recommendation would
     be made to the next IMSG meeting, March 2005, about how to align the
     programme with the reserves available. The meeting would take place in late
     January and Richard Earland would bring to it some suggested evaluation criteria.

     ACTION: RICHARD EARLAND

4.40 Richard Earland noted that the funding available to the MPS included external
     funding, and that the MPS could improve at forecasting what would be needed for
     these external funding bids.

4.41 Katie Dodd noted that IT was only one element of delivery of change in the wider
     business process, and needed to be linked to emerging priorities. The
     Commissioner-designate wanted a more efficient way of ensuring that the MPS’
     resources were lined up with where the organisation wanted to get to. The timing of
     the meeting to align the programme with reserves available was not ideal from this
     point of view, but it was essential that it took place at this point in the year. It was
     agreed that Richard Earland should speak to Richard Bryan about inviting
     someone with clearer view of emerging strategic issues to form part of the group.

     ACTION: RICHARD EARLAND

     Brian Moore and Alfred Hitchcock left the meeting at this point.

     System Performance Figures – Service Delivery Group (Paper IMSG(04)35)

4.42 Derek Hubbard explained that this report was evolving and now included 9 months
     of information so it was becoming easier to discern trends. Once there was 12
     months of information it would become a rolling programme.

4.43 He summarised the key points in the paper. Members noted that during the period
     general system availability was high and contractual levels were met in all areas.
     The information indicated a very positive trend. For clarity, he offered to list in the
     next of these papers the applications that fell within the heading ‘specialist
     applications’.

     ACTION: DEREK HUBBARD



                                                                                Page 8 of 14
                INFORMATION MANAGEMENT STEERING GROUP (IMSG)
                  NOTE OF A MEETING HELD ON 15 DECEMBER 2004

 5    2005/6 (AND FUTURE YEARS) DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME

 5.1 Ailsa Beaton invited members to approve the Information, Information
     Management, Technology, and Metcall Strategies, and to comment on the
     Business Process and Information Systems Strategies. It was anticipated that the
     FOIA might prompt questions about strategies, and this was the lever to get all a
     whole set of these strategies published on the MPS’ Publication Scheme.

 5.2 The Information, Information Management, Technology, and Metcall strategies
     were agreed and would be used as working documents with immediate effect.
     These aimed to form some of the guiding principles under which the DoI moved
     forward with the rest of the MPS, and would therefore be reviewed in due course
     against the incoming Commissioner’s priorities and vision of the future.

 5.3 The expectation was that these strategies would be forwarded to MPA and
     probably also to Management Board for endorsement once that review has been
     completed. Keith Dickinson would be kept informed about any changes to the
     strategies as matters progressed.

 5.4 Katie Dodd supported the need for these strategies and acknowledged the
     pressures of FOIA, but noted that the timing was difficult. Richard Earland
     suggested that IMSG members meet for an hour or so to engage more fully with
     the various strategies and consider how they related to business decision-making
     in the organisation.

      ACTION: RICHARD EARLAND

 5.5 Members noted that the Business Process Strategy and Information Systems
     Strategy were now open for comment. It was suggested that SROs and other key
     people in MPS should be approached for their comments.

      ACTION: STEVE FARQUHARSON / RICHARD EARLAND

      IT and Bichard Recommendations (Paper IMSG(04)37)

5.6   Richard Earland outlined the strategic approach by which the MPS intended to
      meet the IT element of the Bichard recommendations. The Bichard Steering Group
      had agreed that this was the strategic approach needed. It was a free-standing
      strategy to address a particular set of business problems.

5.7   The challenge being faced was that at least 17 major projects were contributing to
      implementation of some of the Bichard recommendations. Many of them built their
      own warehouses so the MPS was paying several times for different suppliers to
      extract data, and build and maintain a warehouse. The paper proposed that a
      strategic systems architecture be designed based on one data warehouse. Existing
      projects would continue to pilot and proof of concept end stages, and would then
      be evaluated against the strategy to determine the most appropriate and cost-
      effective way of moving them forward. John Yates, Chairman of the Bichard
      Steering Group, gave his full support to the strategy.



                                                                            Page 9 of 14
               INFORMATION MANAGEMENT STEERING GROUP (IMSG)
                 NOTE OF A MEETING HELD ON 15 DECEMBER 2004

5.8 Ailsa Beaton noted that Richard Earland’s team was also engaged with the issue of
    how to join matters up at the front end so as to avoid re-keying, particularly when
    systems were from different suppliers.

5.9 Richard Earland noted that he was assisting in a rewrite of the Information Systems
    Strategy for the police service in a quality assurance role. The DoI would continue
    to exert what pressure it could on the national agenda to encourage this
    information-centric approach.

5.10 Members noted the content of the paper which set out the strategic approach to
     the IT element of Bichard.

6    SIRENE/SCHENGEN INFORMATION SYSTEM

6.1 John Yates provided a verbal update on the Sirene project which, through the
    Schengen database, would enable the MPS to share data with 15 EU member
    states plus Norway and Iceland via the Police National Computer. A plan to
    manage to impact, including workshops, seminars and associated training, was in
    place. Ailsa Beaton noted the DoI would be keen to support any opportunities to
    join up this training with other training.

6.2 Peter Goulding noted that the National Centre for Applied Learning Technologies
    (NCALT) process was the only way to get large numbers of people quickly through
    training. There was likely to be a national drive to get this information out to all
    forces, and NCALT would be the way to do this.

7    AUDIT AND BENEFITS REALISATION SUB-GROUP UPDATE (PAPER
     IMSG(04)38)

7.1 Steve Farquharson provided an update on the December meeting of the ABRSG. It
    had reviewed the benefits of the NSPIS Custody and Case Preparation pilot, and
    the Information Management, Patrol, and Performance and Management
    Information Workstreams. It had also approved Standard Operating Procedures
    (SOPs) for the FOIA, Personal Use of MPS Systems, and Working Away From the
    Office. There had been some discussion about the policy review which was due to
    be completed by 31 December 2004, in time for FOIA, and some concern had
    been expressed about whether HR would have all its policies on the Publication
    Scheme by this deadline. Steve Farquharson had been liaising with Mike Histead
    at the Policy Clearing House about this.

8    METSEC PROGRAMME BOARD UPDATE (PAPER IMSG(04)39)

8.1 Steve Farquharson summarised the key issues arising from the October meeting of
    the MetSec Programme Board, including Core Network Security Accreditation – the
    necessary documentation was due to be completed by January – and monitoring of
    the misuse of e-mail and physical security.

9    ANY OTHER BUSINESS

9.1 There was none.


                                                                           Page 10 of 14
              INFORMATION MANAGEMENT STEERING GROUP (IMSG)
                NOTE OF A MEETING HELD ON 15 DECEMBER 2004

10   DATE OF NEXT MEETING:

10.1 The next meeting will be held on 16 March 2005 at 2pm in Room 806, New
     Scotland                                                          Yard.

10.2 Other 2005 dates:
     22 June
     21 September
     14 December


Distribution:
Those attending
Apologies for absence
Steve Hutton, Internal Audit
Information Board members
Management Board members




                                                                Page 11 of 14
             INFORMATION MANAGEMENT STEERING GROUP (IMSG)
               NOTE OF A MEETING HELD ON 15 DECEMBER 2004




SECRETARY'S UPDATE - MATTERS ARISING FROM THE IMSG MEETING HELD
                      ON 15 SEPTEMBER 2004

Item     Issue                            Action for   Update
Number
3        IPG PROGRAMME

3.3      •     Cost pressures – to        All IMSG     Complete
               alert Management           members
               Board members to the
               implications for their
               business area of any
               reduction to the DoI
               work programme

3.4       •    Resolve expenditure     Ailsa           This is being reviewed by
               priorities as between   Beaton          Capital Programme
               the Estate and ICT –                    Review Board which is not
               brief the Deputy                        now due to meet until
               Commissioner with a                     early January.
               view to him taking this
               to the next Management
               Board Change Co-
               ordination Committee.

4        SRO WORKSTREAM
         REPORTS

4.2       •    Crimint Plus - Update                   For update under Agenda
               to next IMSG on            John Yates   Item 4 – SRO Workstream
               amending the business                   reports
               case and producing a
               bid for funding

4.3      •     Sirene - Impact of                      Agenda Item 6 refers
               Sirene on MPS              John Yates
               corporate infrastructure

4.12     •     Stops database - To                     Complete – see 4.13


                                                                     Page 12 of 14
           INFORMATION MANAGEMENT STEERING GROUP (IMSG)
             NOTE OF A MEETING HELD ON 15 DECEMBER 2004

             consider alternative       Richard
             solutions to the current   Earland
             proposal

4.13   •     Stops database - To                      Complete – funding
             put a paper to the next    Bob           agreed from IPG
             RAC seeking additional     Broadhurst/   resources
             funding of £500k           Ailsa
                                        Beaton


4.17   •     Migration to EAP - To      Gill          Complete - Gill Chaddock
             discuss migration to       Chaddock/     and Richard Earland had
             EAP outside the            Richard       the discussion and
             meeting                    Earland       resolved the matter.

6      ABRSG UPDATE

6.1    •     Check with Peter Martin Keith            Complete – process itself
             whether the introduction Dickinson       fine and signed off.
             of the benefits
             realisation process
             would enable the MPA
             to close relevant actions
             from the Accenture E&E
             Review of IT.

8      METSEC UPDATE

8.1    •     To update the MPA on       Keith         Complete.
             proposals for              Dickinson
             reasonable personal
             use of email

       •     Produce a briefing note    Simon Bray    Complete
             for the MPA in the run
             up to launch.




                                                                    Page 13 of 14
INFORMATION MANAGEMENT STEERING GROUP (IMSG)
  NOTE OF A MEETING HELD ON 15 DECEMBER 2004




                                               Page 14 of 14

								
To top