“STRAIGHT UP, ON THE ROCKS”
Alaka Hoskins, Brittany Kopscak, Michael Love, Marie Pierce
•The first step shows a
series of elastic collisions.
•Pulling the first ball back
creates potential energy
which is converted into
kinetic energy when
•The second step is to
convert potential energy
in the fifth golf ball to
kinetic by hitting it and
letting it roll down all
• After the golf ball is released, it
hits the mousetrap resting
under a glass to convert
potential energy to kinetic and
tip the marbles into a bucket.
• When the marbles are tipped
into the bucket, it pulls the
weight up while moving down.
• The construction and planning of the project took an
estimated 6 hours to complete.
• We encountered many problems along the way
• The weight interfering with our bucket
• The golf ball not hitting the mouse trap
• The golf ball falling off the ramps
• The weight distribution of the marbles
• The stability of our overall system