OPERATION AND APPLICATION OF
• TOMÁŠ VOPÁT
• TOMÁŠ BOČKO
Computer Aided Production Technologies
The main points of presentation :
• 1 Solar energy
• 2 Solar energy power plants
• 3 Solar energy used to treat water
3.2 Water treatment
• 4 Slovakia and solar energy
4.1 Solar energy power plants and Slovakia
• 5 Solar energy in our faculty 01/14
1 SOLAR ENERGY
What is solar energy?
Solar energy - is the radiant light and heat from
the Sun and can be used to generate electricity
Radiated to Radiated to
Reflected by Reflected by Reflected by
space from space from
atmosphere clouds earth´s surface
10 35 7
2 SOLAR ENERGY POWER PLANTS
2.1 Photovoltaic: The direct conversion of
sunlight to electricity
2.2 Thermal: The use of heat to generate
• 2.1 PHOTOVOLTAIC
• 2.2 THERMAL
3. Water treatment
- solar distillation can be used to make saline or brackish water potable.
Solar water DISinfection
- Involves exposing water-filled plastic polyethylene terphthalate
(PET) bottles to sunlight for several hours
Application of SODIS technology in Indonesia to water disinfection 08/14
3.1 Water treatment
- solar energy may be used in a water stabilisation pond to treat waste
water without chemicals or electricity
- solar energy has also be used for detoxification of contaminated water
- the economics of this process is though doubtful.
Small scale solar powered sewerage treatment plant
4. Slovakia and solar energy
• Solar energy has great a potencial.
• In the Slovakia there is usage of solar energy, but not so frequented
as world enviromental urgency needs.
• The most used are solar panesls, for purpose, heating water.
Question about Solar Powerplants is discussed for a years.
• The fact is, not a single is working, in spite of we can say there is
a light in the dark.
• In a present year should investments add a solar power plant.
• Village Buzitka close to Lučenec, is the chosen one place, where
are very appropiate conditions for solar power plant.
• Sun shines of average nearly 2000 daily. As far as I know, Slovakia
awaits first kilowatts in fall.
5. Solar energy in our faculty
• Solar energy is also used by our university.
• It was established in 2007 with iniciative of group
INTERREG and 30. march in 2007 was festively opened.
• The highest floor of heavy laboratories bear solar panels
and one laboratory room.
• Two solar systems are installed in labaratory.
Photovoltaics and termal.
• Warm water, runing in water-pipe-system is a result of
• Photovoltaics elements are connected to electrical
network as well.