TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE PAPER
Procedures for Entering in TERMS and External the CEEB, IB,
and AICE, FTE/Score for Survey 5 for high school students
During the month of July, the high schools Guidance Office will begin to receive test information regarding
those students who took and passed the tests for the following courses:
• Advance Placement (AP/CEEB)
• International Baccalaureate ( IB )
• Advanced International Certificate of Education (AICE)
As soon as these test results are received sometime in July, and prior to the transmission of Survey 5 in August,
the high schools should enter the information in TERMS A08 panel only for those students that meet the
following State criteria for each course:
• Advance Placement – only students who receive a score of 3 or higher
• International Baccalaureate – only students who receive a score of 4 or higher and earns
an IB Diploma
• Advanced International Certificate of Education – only students who receive a score of E or
higher and earns an AICE Diploma
This data should be entered prior to the transmission of Survey 5 during the first week in August. Below are the
instructions for entering this data in the A08 panel in TERMS.
1. Access the TERMS A08 panel.
2. Make sure that you are entering the data in the school year that just ended.
3. The fields are: CEEB (for Advance Placement scores); BACCL FTE and SCORE (for International
Baccalaureate); and AICE FTE and SCORE (for Advanced Internal Certificate of Education).
4. This data should be entered in TERMS during the month of July prior to the initial transmission to the
State of Survey 5 which usually happens the first Friday of August.
5. REMEMBER: Always check current FTE values for these fields by pressing the F1 key for the help
If the Survey 5 data has already been transmitted to the State, then you no longer need to enter the data in
TERMS. It should be entered directly in the External E08 panel for Survey 5 following the directions given
1. Bring up the student’s record in the External E08 panel using the grade level the student had during the
previous school year.
2. Enter the scores and FTE value in the appropriate fields: CEEB, IB DIP and IB SCORE; AI DIP and
AI SCORE. Remember always use the F1 key to view the help screen for the correct FTE values
from the State.
3. Only use the transaction code of "C" to change the record at the State. (With one exception.)
a) if the student was listed in the DOE END OF YEAR EDIT ERROR REPORT, then you need to
use the transaction code of “A” instead.