HARNETT COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
County Administration Building
102 East Front Street
Lillington, North Carolina
Results of Board Meeting
September 17, 2007 7:00 p.m.
- Order of Business –
1. Call to order – Chairman Teddy J. Byrd
2. Pledge of Allegiance and Invocation – Commissioner Dan B. Andrews
3. Consider additions and deletions to the published agenda
Add to consent agenda: Water Resources Manager position issue
Add to regular agenda: Convocation Use Agreement with CU
Delete from regular agenda: item 11 – request regarding ABC Store building project
4. Consent Agenda: All items on the consent agenda, including addition, were approved.
B. Budget amendments
C. Tax refunds and releases
D. Rental agreement for office space for the Criminal Justice Partnership Program
E. Write-off of delinquent EMS accounts
F. Reclassification of Social Worker position
G. Request from Sheriff’s Dept. to accept G.R.E.A.T. grant for gang resistance training
All consent agenda items have been reviewed by the county manager and are recommended
for approval by the Board.
5. Period of up to 30 minutes for informal comments allowing 3 minutes for each presentation
- Adult Care Home Community Advisory Committee – Mary Forrest, Jennifer Walker
and Dolores McCormick
- Industrial Facilities/Pollution Control Financing Authority – Mary Jane Bartlett
- Harnett County Juvenile Crime Prevention Council – Raymond Lassiter and
7. Request from Cooperative Extension to accept grant from NC Dept. of Health & Human
Services and to create a new grant-funded position to administer Adolescent Parenting
Program – Jennifer Walker, Cooperative Extension Director
Board approved requests.
8. Public hearing and consideration of Zoning Change Request for Michael Wirth –
Christi Barthelme, Planner
Public hearing was held. Board denied zoning change request.
9. Public hearing and consideration of proposed Zoning Ordinance text amendment to correct
article reference number error – Christi Barthelme, Planner
Public hearing was held. Board adopted a resolution to correct a typo in the Zoning
10. Request from Board of Education for authorization to purchase property for proposed Boone
Trail School construction project – Neil Emory, County Manager
Board authorized the Board of Education to purchase property as requested.
11. Request from Town of Lillington to waive permit fees for new ABC Store building project –
Neil Emory, County Manager
Item deleted from the agenda. It will be considered at a future meeting.
Item added to the agenda: Board approved a Use Agreement for the Convocation Center
Facilities at Campbell University.
12. County Manager’s report – Neil Emory, County Manager
Board authorized up to $11,000 from Rockefeller Estate monies to be used for
improvements to Johnsonville Community Center.
13. Closed session
14. New Business
15. Adjournment: 8:05 p.m.