Download PDF Version - NEWSLETTER by nyut545e2


                     ‘Run for landlords by landlords’             March 2010

                        Our Dale Road office is now open!

     The committee of the SWLA agreed in September 2009 to proceed with the purchase of
     premises for the Association.. Dale Domestic Appliances showroom and office was
     acquired. Three committee members, Steve Lees, Bob Usher and Iain Maitland undertook
     the refurbishment, while Katarina Swain oversaw the finances and Essie Kamaie provided
     short term financial support. Works were completed in early February resulting in a
     suite of offices for the Association with a further suite of offices being rented to
     Plymouth Homes 4 Let.
     Alan Shennan, SWLA office manager relocated from the former offices in Radnor Place
     on 9th February. All SWLA business is now conducted from the new offices at 30 Dale
     Road, Mutley, Plymouth, PL4 6PD. The telephone number remains unchanged as 01752
     510913. The office is situated five minutes from Mutley Plain, and a ten minute walk from
     the railway station on the busy link road between The Royal Eye Infirmary and the
     Pennycomequick roundabout. The office is generally open between 1000 and 1500 Monday
     to Friday. On road, non-permit two hour parking is available outside the office and in
     adjacent streets. The SWLA would like to thank John Bateman and Colin Jarvis of
     Bateman Insurance Services for assistance in financing the project. A further list of
     professionals and tradesmen involved in the project is at the end of this Newsletter.
     SWLA thanks them for their support, professionalism and keen prices.

                          Second homes may face double council tax
  Second home owners could face a hefty “penalty surcharge” on their council tax
  under plans being considered by the government. Council chiefs are demanding
  powers to impose steep increases in council tax on properties kept as second
  homes or holiday lets. Under the plans, bills would rise to double the standard
  rate, leaving some owners thousands of pounds out of pocket.
        John Denham, the Communities Secretary, is weighing up the proposal
  after it was put forward by councils in a formal consultation.
        Supporters of the move claim that increasing council tax on second homes
  would discourage owners from leaving them empty most of the year, whilst
  raising money to spend on affordable housing. However, the Conservatives
  branded the proposal a “penalty surcharge” on owners and warned that councils
  would have to resort to snooping tactics to determine whether properties were
  being used as holiday homes.
        The government has already moved once to increase council tax on second
  homes. Until 2004, owners were automatically given a 50% council tax discount
  on second homes to reflect the fact that they used fewer services. But after
  the rules were changed in that year, the discount has been scaled back in some
  areas to as little as 10%.
        In Wales, councils are unable to offer any discount and the government is
  changing the law to give the Welsh Assembly powers to add a surcharge if it
  chooses. The new surcharge proposal for England was shortlisted by the Local
  Government Association (LGA) in a scheme to encourage councils to shape
  national policy. When local authorities were asked to put forward policy ideas,
  three demanded powers to increase tax on second homes.
        Lewes district council, in Sussex, asked for legislation allowing councils to
  “set increased council tax rates for properties kept solely as second homes or
  used as holiday lets”. The Lib-Dem controlled authority said it wanted powers
  “to set a rate up to 200% of standard rate of council tax for houses kept solely
  as a second home by a single family”. Islington borough council, also Lib-Dem
  controlled, said in its submission: “Empty homes put enormous pressure on
  existing houses and push up the prices of homes. This council would like to see
  local authorities being given greater freedom to taper council tax to discourage
  people from leaving properties empty”. The proposals from Lewes and Islington   30 Dale Road Plymouth PL4 6PD   01752 510913

  were among 199 ideas shortlisted by the LGA. A third authority, Torridge.
  Tory-controlled, called for the elimination of the second discount but its
  proposal was not shortlisted.
        A spokesman for Mr Denham’s department said:”The secretary of State
  will now consider the shortlist in discussion with the LGA and other government
  departments”. There are about 300,000 second homes in the UK, with 64% in
  rural areas. Caroline Spelman, the shadow communities secretary, said:”The
  Labour government have already increased council tax on second homes by
  cutting back discounts. To implement a penalty surcharge would be incredibly
  difficult to police, and would require councils to spy on home owners to see
  which is their primary residence”.
  From the Sunday Telegraph

  Amendments to the LHA Guidance Manual

  A private landlord, with support from the Guild of Residential Landlords, recently won at a First Tier Tribunal over Coventry City
  Council regarding direct payment of local housing allowance (LHA).

  This particular case was about a private tenancy with the rent payable monthly in advance on the 16th of each month. The tenant
  did not pay rent on the 16th of August and followed on by not paying rent on the 16th September. On the 17th September the
  landlord contacted the council and requested direct payments of LHA.

  The council refused to start direct payment on the grounds that the rent was not eight weeks in arrears until the 17th of October
  and referred to The Housing Benefit LHA Guidance Manual which states that rent can not be in arrears in respect of a period that
  has not been served.

  The Tribunal allowed the landlord’s appeal which means that eight weeks of rent arrears can be as short as four weeks and two

  In December last year, Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), distributed circular HB/CTB A26/2009 to all the local
  authorities in UK. This circular is an amendment to some parts of the LHA Guidance Manual that was issued in 2008.

  One of the clarifications in the circular is regarding “the eight week rule” in relation to rent arrears and at what time a landlord can
  request for direct payments of LHA:

  “In a recent appeal tribunal (Doncaster v Coventry City Council, First Tier Tribunal 032/09/00932, 5 October 2009) the
  Chairman expressed the view that ‘Rent is in arrears once the contractual date for payment has passed irrespective
  of whether rent is due in advance or in arrears’.

  “In view of this, CLG have consulted with lawyers at Communities and Local Government to establish at what point they consider
  a tenant to be in arrears of eight weeks. As they are also of the view that rent is in arrears once the date for payment has passed
  without any payment being made, we have revised the LHA guidance so that it is consistent with this position.”

  It is also worth noting that if this had been a weekly tenancy, seven weeks and two days would constitute eight weeks of arrears.
  The guidance also states that LHA can be paid directly to a landlord for a minimum of eight weeks whilst a local authority gathers
  evidence to make a decision about direct payments to the landlord. The bottom line is still that sufficient evidence is needed before
  a local authority will start paying LHA directly to a landlord. Landlords must keep accurate rent records.           30 Dale Road Plymouth PL4 6PD         01752 510913
                            Landlord liability for water charges
  Anna Walker, Chief Executive of the Healthcare Commission, has been leading an
  independent review into charging and metering for water and sewerage services.
  Research showed that 34% of bad debts is owed by rental tenants of which a
  significant proportion is debt accrued by tenants who leave a property without
  receiving or paying their bills.
  The Review was published in December 2009, and recommends that private landlords
  or property managers should set out clearly in their tenancy agreements whether the
  landlord or tenant is liable for the water bill. Water companies should be provided
  with correct tenancy information to bill the liable person before they leave the
  property and pursue that person through the courts if necessary. Landlords’ liabilities
  for water consumption will therefore be discharged if the water company is aware of
  a named tenant. This would then be in line with similar responsibilities for other
  The Review recommends that the Water Industry Act 1881 should be amended to
  reflect the following principles:
  If there is a tenancy agreement in place, it should be the person specified by the
  tenancy agreement who would be liable for water bills.
  Landlords should ensure that within 21 days of the tenant moving into a property the
  following tenancy information is provided to the water company:
  • the tenant’s full name
  • the tenant’s date of birth
  • the tenant’s contact details (telephone and email where they have one)
  • if possible, the tenant’s National Insurance number
  • tenancy start date
  • tenancy end date
  • previous address of tenant (as supplied to the landlord)
  • length of tenancy at previous address (if notified to the landlord)
  • meter reading on moving in (where applicable)
  • name and contact details of landlord and/or managing agent
  In the absence of an agreement, the Review suggests that the default arrangement
  should be to the landlord’s liability.
  Where the premises are unoccupied then the owner would be liable. The owner would
  also be liable where there is a holiday let, residential accommodation where the
  common parts remain under the control of the owner, or if the property owner wilfully
  provides false tenant information.
  It is likely that a water management bill could be introduced in the first of term of
  the next government.                        From the NLA UKLandlord magazine   30 Dale Road Plymouth PL4 6PD   01752 510913

        Tenancy Deposit Schemes—Prescribed Information

    (1) The following is prescribed information for the purposes of section 213(5) of the Housing Act
  2004 (“the Act”)—
  (a) the name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and any fax number of the scheme
  administrator of the authorised tenancy deposit scheme applying to the deposit;
  (b) any information contained in a leaflet supplied by the scheme administrator to the landlord which
  explains the operation of the provisions contained in sections 212 to 215 of, and Schedule 10 to, the
  (c) the procedures that apply under the scheme by which an amount in respect of a deposit may be paid
  or repaid to the tenant at the end of the shorthold tenancy (“the tenancy”);
  (d) the procedures that apply under the scheme where either the landlord or the tenant is not
  contactable at the end of the tenancy;
  (e) the procedures that apply under the scheme where the landlord and the tenant dispute the amount
  to be paid or repaid to the tenant in respect of the deposit;
  (f) the facilities available under the scheme for enabling a dispute relating to the deposit to be
  resolved without recourse to litigation; and
  (g) the following information in connection with the tenancy in respect of which the deposit has been
  (i) the amount of the deposit paid;
  (ii) the address of the property to which the tenancy relates;
  (iii) the name, address, telephone number, and any e-mail address or fax number of the landlord;
  (iv) the name, address, telephone number, and any e-mail address or fax number of the tenant,
  including such details that should be used by the landlord or scheme administrator for the purpose of
  contacting the tenant at the end of the tenancy;
  (v) the name, address, telephone number and any e-mail address or fax number of any relevant person;
  (vi) the circumstances when all or part of the deposit may be retained by the landlord, by reference to
  the terms of the tenancy; and
  (vii) confirmation (in the form of a certificate signed by the landlord) that—
  (aa) the information he provides under this sub-paragraph is accurate to the best of his knowledge and
  belief; and
  (bb) he has given the tenant the opportunity to sign any document containing the information provided
  by the landlord under this article by way of confirmation that the information is accurate to the best
  of his knowledge and belief.
    (2) For the purposes of paragraph (1)(d), the reference to a landlord or a tenant who is not
  contactable includes a landlord or tenant whose whereabouts are known, but who is failing to respond
  to communications in respect of the deposit.

     taken from HMSO website   30 Dale Road Plymouth PL4 6PD   01752 510913
                               SOUTH WEST LANDLORDS ASSOCIATION

                                   National Landlords register

The Communities department of the government has issued its response
to the Rugg Review and ensuing “consultation”. An extract below deals with a
landlords’ register. The full document is at the website address below

“We are now clear on our firm proposals for the basic operation of the
Register : “

A national register run nationally
Compulsory for all landlords (defined as those letting a property on a tenancy
agreement – this excludes leasehold, resident landlords and holiday lets)
Basic information required on registration will be name (plus date of birth to
ensure uniqueness), contact address, address(es) of property for rent
No further information will be required and there will be no hurdles to
There will be a registration fee to cover administration costs
Registered landlords will receive a unique registration number which will be a
prerequisite to key landlord activities
Failure to register will be a civil offence attracting a cash penalty
Compliance will be enforced through the two elements set out above backed up
by extensive national publicity focused on both landlords and tenants
On registration, landlords will receive a “starter pack” containing information
about their rights and responsibilities and helpful links to other organisations.
Similar information for tenants will also be made available as part of the
Register website
Only public enforcement agencies will have access to the full data. Landlords
will be able to access their data (using their unique registration number).
Tenants will be able to access current or prospective landlords’ data (using the
relevant landlord’s unique registration number and, therefore, only with
permission from the landlord)   30 Dale Road Plymouth PL4 6PD   01752 510913
                                   Non-resident landlords
    If you are a landlord whose own normal address is outside the UK, then please be
    aware of a change to the Non-Resident Landlord (NRL) tax regime. This scheme
    was designed to tax the UK landlord whose ‘usual place of abode’ is outside the
    country. It places obligations on landlords, their agents and their tenants to ensure
    that tax on rental income is paid. Where the rent is more than £100 a week, letting
    agents (or their tenants if there is no agent) must deduct tax from the landlord’s
    UK rental income and pay that to HMRC. However, agents and tenants do not need
    to deduct tax if they have been told in writing by HMRC that the non-resident
    landlord is approved to receive the rental income with no tax deducted. Until now,
    tenants and letting agents had 90 days to provide evidence that the landlord has
    either paid tax or had no liability. The new time limit is 30 days. Non-resident
    landlords must get HMRC approval before they can receive their rental income with
    no tax deducted. To apply, they must use the following forms: Individuals form
    NRL1, Companies form NRL2, Trusts form NRL3, these can be downloaded from
    the HMRC website. Where a property is jointly owned each non-residential landlord
    must be approved by HMRC before they can receive their rental income with no
    tax deducted. For example if Mr and Mrs Smith jointly owned a property, they
    each need HMRC approval. If only Mr Smith has been approved, then only his share
    of the rental income can be paid with no tax deducted. Tax must be deducted from
    Mrs Smith’s share of the rental income.
    This would suggest that the tenant must have some knowledge of tax calculation if
    there is no agent and no HMRC exemption.
    Letting agents and tenants should only pay rental income to landlords with no tax
    deducted when they have received the appropriate HMRC approval form (form
    NRL8). All tax that is deducted must be declared and paid to HMRC each quarter
    on form NRLQ. The quarter end dates are:
    • June 30 return and full payment no later than July 30
    • September 30 return and full payment no later than October 30
    • December 31 return and full payment no later than January 30
    • March 31 return and full payment no later than April 30
    Form NRLQ is issued automatically to all lettings who have registered with HMRC.
    The form must still be completed and returned to HMRC by a letting agent even if
    no tax has been deducted in the quarter. For general advice, help with forms,
    guidance notes call 0151 472 6257   30 Dale Road Plymouth PL4 6PD   01752 510913
           From the Warm Front Team as presented at the SWLA General Meeting on 16th March 2010.
                                             Landlords Fact Sheet
The Warm Front Grant
The Warm Front Grant is a government scheme to help owner-occupiers and tenants who rent their homes from
a private landlord, to make improvements to the heating and insulation of their home. The grant is funded by
the Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC), and eaga plc are the administrators of the grant.
The Warm Front Grant offers up to £3,500, or up to £6,000 to cover oil central heating. The qualifying criteria
follow at the end of this article.

Support from private landlords
We would like your support for this grant scheme. Your property would benefit from improved insulation and
heating, and your tenant would also benefit from a warmer and healthier environment. If you would welcome the
improvements available to your property under the Warm Front Grant, please encourage your tenant to apply.
You will not have to pay for the improvements. However, we will ask for your permission for the work to go

Your responsibilities as a landlord
If we provide loft or cavity wall insulation, you must not increase the rent for one year after we install it and if
we install any heating equipment you must not increase the rent for two years. However, if the property is
regulated under a fair rent agreement or is subject to an annual rent review under the tenancy agreement, this
may continue, providing that any rent increase does not take into account any insulation and / or heating
measures carried out by the Warm Front Scheme at the property.

Where gas central heating is installed eaga will complete the first two annual gas safety inspections of this gas
central heating system. Note that we do not issue Gas Safety Certificates (CP12). The landlord is responsible
for obtaining the annual Gas Safety Certificate (CP12) as part of their statutory obligations. The system will
have breakdown cover for the first two years.

Central Heating
If your tenant is eligible for Warm Front we will provide gas central heating if the property has a gas supply, or
a supply can be provided within the standard connection price (so if the existing gas main is within a reasonable
distance of the property and can take the supply, and providing at least one main insulation measure is being or
has been installed).

The systems are designed for properties with a floor space of more than 60 metres2. Where a property is less
than 60m2 total floor area, the tenant has a choice of either 1 or 2 mains gas heaters; or electric off-peak
storage heaters (subject to grant limits and any restrictions imposed by the property). Properties larger than
60m2 will receive a condensing combination boiler with up to five radiators for the main living areas.

All pipe work will be above the floor surface to reduce disruption, and to be accessible for maintenance, and this
should not take longer than two days to install. If you want the pipe work boxed in or arrange for us to put the
pipes in a different place, you will need to discuss this with the heating engineer and you will have to pay the
extra costs. The system will be fitted with all the appropriate controls including thermostatic radiator valves, a
room thermostat and central control panel.    30 Dale Road Plymouth PL4 6PD   01752 510913
Do my tenants qualify for a Grant?

Warm Front Grant
Your tenants may qualify if they have a child under 16 or are pregnant and have a maternity certificate MAT B1
and also receive one or more of the following benefits:
• Income Support
• Council Tax Benefit
• Income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance
• Housing Benefit
• Pension Credit
• Income-related Employment and Support Allowance

Or your tenants may also qualify if they receive one or more of the following:
• Working Tax Credit (with an income of less than £16,040 and which must include a disability element)
• Child Tax Credit (with an income of less than £16,040)
• Attendance Allowance
• Disability Living allowance
• Income Support (which must include a disability premium )
• Council Tax (which must include a disability premium )
• Housing Benefit (which must include a disability premium )
• War Disablement Pension (which must have a mobility supplement or Constant Attendance Allowance)
• Industrial Injuries Disablement benefit (which must include a Constant attendance Allowance)

Your tenants may also qualify if they are over 60 and receiving one of the following benefits:
• Pension Credit
• Housing Benefit
• Income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance
• Council Tax Benefit
• Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
• Income Support

What does the Warm Front Grant provide?
• Insulation improvements
• Loft Insulation
• Cavity –wall insulation
• Hot-water-tank insulation
• Draughtproofing

Heating improvements
• Gas, electric or oil central heating, and repairs
• Converting an open solid-fuel fire to a modern glass-fronted fire.

Tenants will also receive energy advice from a Warm Front Technical Surveyor / Assessor
For more information, contact our Landlords Team or call our Contact Centre on the Freephone number below

Landlords Team (Lines are open Monday to Friday 9am to 5 pm)
Phone: 0191 247 3836 Fax 0191 247 3809 Email

Contact Centre: 0800 316 2814 (Lines are open Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm and Saturday 9am to 5pm)

You can also find more information on our website   30 Dale Road Plymouth PL4 6PD   01752 510913
                                       Deposit Protection

  The Residential Landlords Association (RLA) asked members for their experiences over
  tenant’s deposit protection and if they had been left out of pocket by letting agents.
  It is wrong that letting agents are not forced by law to have separate ring-fenced and
  independently audited client accounts .
  It is also wrong that when things go downhill with agents, it is the landlord who is legally
  and financially exposed in regard to tenants’ deposits. If agents were forced to have ring-
  fenced client accounts and barred from spending this money, that would go some way to
  resolving the problem, although the RLA believe that the law on deposit protection needs
  amending to give landlords stronger rights. The requirement to have separate client
  accounts is standard among such groups as ARLA, NALS, which both offer Client Money
  Protection. So using an ARLA or NALS agent does make sense.
  If agents do have client accounts, there is nothing to stop them using the interest from the
  deposits that they are holding, having insured them with a deposit scheme. A decent
  agent will use this interest sensibly, but unfortunately in hard times for businesses, some
  agents have dipped into the actual deposits and also rental payments. When an agent
  goes bust, there is no sign of the rents and it may emerge that the tenants’ deposits were
  not protected at all. Landlords find themselves in breach of the law and must act quickly
  to protect the deposit out of their own pockets.
  Can you claim against a dodgy agent in such situations? If deposits have been physically
  lodged with the Deposit Protection Service (DPS), the money is safe but only as far as
  the tenant is concerned. If the deposit has been protected by an insurance-backed
  scheme, it will be safe as long as the agent has genuinely done so and not been
  suspended by the scheme. When an agent has gone under, the obligation of the
  schemes is to return the deposit to the tenant, not the landlord. If it transpires that the
  deposit has not been protected or if the agent has done a runner with it and maybe the
  rent too, you should be able to claim against the client money protection cover offered by
  any professional body the agent belonged to i.e. ARLA and NALS, provided of course
  that his membership has not been terminated. For example when some franchise
  businesses folded, neither the landlord nor the tenant knew that there was no longer
  client money protection.
  A landlord writes...”I run the majority of my properties myself with one assistant and we
  use the insurance-based scheme because it is such a carry-on getting the deposit back
  from DPS when tenant moves out but owes last month’s rent. In several cases I have had
  the tenants simply say they are going in a month “so keep the deposit”. Fine for them but
  a headache for me. Generally these have been good tenants who kept the place fine and
  paid on time; they want the money for their next deposit and don’t want to wait, which is
  understandable. I have experimented with no deposits but have found that overall a small
  deposit works best. I run a number of HMOs and charge £100 bond for all rooms. One of
  the other things we are now doing with small flats which are managed by an agent is to
  take only small deposits of £100, because otherwise it slows down the letting process
  because a lot of tenants can’t find the equivalent of two months’ rent upfront. Because the
  agent would charge me £75 for deposit protection administration, there would be little
  point in taking a deposit, so the agent sends me the deposit and I insure it. The legislation
  should be modified to also protect the landlord from the agent”. continued on page 11   30 Dale Road Plymouth PL4 6PD   01752 510913
               High Court judgement in case where deposit was protected late
A High Court case over tenancy deposit protection has important implications for landlords and
agents. Although there have been County Court decisions regarding tenancy deposit, these do
not set precedents.
       In the case of Draycott vs. Hannells Lettings Ltd. is the first judgement from a court of
record in relation to tenancy deposit protection schemes under the Housing Act 2004.
The case was heard by Mr Justice Tugendhat whose judgement affects agents and landlords
who may have protected a tenant’s deposit late—i.e. over the 14 days limit in the Housing Act.
The case is also important in regard to who is responsible for protecting the deposit— the
agent or the landlord— where the landlord uses an agent to protect the deposit. The judge
ruled that the agent is responsible. The agent admitted that the deposit had been protected
late, outside the 14 days set out by Section 213 of the Act, with the government custodial
scheme (Deposit Protection Service). The tenants had claimed against the normal remedy—in
other words, that the deposit plus three times its value be returned in full.
Whether the penalties set out in Section 214 apply if the deposit has been registered late, the
judge found that as long as the deposit was registered, the penalty set out in Section 214 did
not apply. The High Court ruled that late registration does not in and of itself, create a right
for a tenant to seek a penalty of three times the value of the deposit. The High Court
reviewed the DPS terms of business and accepted that it was an initial requirement that the
deposit be paid in to the DPS scheme, but not that it had to be paid in within 14 days.
This means that while landlords or agents are potentially liable for a failure to protect a
tenancy deposit, a deposit that has been registered late does not attract a penalty provided
that it has been properly protected before the tenant commences proceedings in the court.

deposit protection.... case studies... When Inzo went bust in West London, the landlord, a barrister, lost rent due
and is now being sued for the tenant’s deposit. So far it has cost the landlord over £5,000.
Another landlord also let through Inzo. The tenant paid a deposit of £2,370 which Inzo contracted to lodge with
Mydeposits. The landlord paid Inzo their tenancy arrangement and agreement fees of £3,982. In April 2009
Inzo went into voluntary liquidation owing more than £900,000. Inquiries of the liquidators confirmed
unrecoverable deposits would be borne by the landlord and not the tenant. The landlord now carries out credit
checks on the letting agent and insists on receiving a copy of the certificate of deposit from the tenancy deposit
company. Unlike some other creditors, this landlord did not lose rents that had been paid to Inzo, since wherever
possible the landlord has rents paid direct rather than via the agent.
In another case, the landlord used a new agent, with smart offices and cars. They found a tenant who moved in.
The landlord made numerous requests for details of the £550 deposit protection but was fobbed off with
excuses about DPS backlogs or staff shortages. The agents placed a second tenant and took a deposit of £400
before doing a vanishing act. The DPS wrote to the first tenant saying that the agent’s cheque had bounced. The
second tenant had only been given a handwritten receipt for his rent and deposit. The landlord has had to repay
both sets of deposits costing £950.

The Association provides assistance and advice. However, the Association does not hold itself out as providing
specialist legal advice and therefore whilst written and oral advice is given in good faith, no responsibility can be
accepted by the association, its officers or members for the accuracy of its advice, or shall the association be
held liable for the consequences of reliance upon such advice.    30 Dale Road Plymouth PL4 6PD   01752 510913

                                      From the Association
                                   Possession claims on-line
                                         (Section 8)
  Possession claims for rent arrears (Section 8) can be submitted over the internet and costs £100
  instead of £150 for the paper-based claim. It is still a requirement that you attend a court hearing
  in your local crown court, although the defendant does not have to attend.
  The internet address is
  It has come to light that claims for possession only (Section 21) cannot be lodged through the
  on-line claim system.

                                          SWLA stationery
  SWLA stationery may change without notice so before using a document, make sure that you
  use the latest one on the SWLA website, by checking the issue date or check with the SWLA
  office at the email address or telephone number shown below.

                                 East End Transport Scheme
  Details are available of the East End Transport Scheme which will begin shortly. The
  scheme details are at Changes will
  include Laira Bridge Road, Gydnia Way, and the areas around Embankment Road,
  Cattedown Roundabout, Grenville Road, Heles Terrace etc.
                             SWLA website stationery page.
  There is now a form on this page (document 19) for Council tax exemption where the
  property is empty.

                         Dale Road suppliers and tradesmen
  Insurance Services     John Bateman Insurance Svcs     01926 405040
  Legal svcs. and advice Tom Langrishe Gard & Co         01752 668246
  Suspended ceilings     Ray Butler                      07884 257388
  Plastering Svcs.       Jim Dyer Plastering             07977 320876
                         A Moore Plastering              01752 779644
  Plumbing    Steve Lees Building Restoration Svcs.      07771 562165
  Blinds                 M & S Blinds                    01752 774095
  Carpet Fitting         Graham Ponter                   01752 774095
  Electrics Simon Kerr & Iain Maitland Alpha Property Svcs 01752 779644
  Signage                Atlas Graphics Plymouth         01752 603380   30 Dale Road Plymouth PL4 6PD   01752 510913

To top