Board Meeting Agenda March 28, 2009 by MattyWray

VIEWS: 15 PAGES: 4

									  Board Meeting Agenda                                                                           April 18, 2009
                                      West Valley College Library
                                         Raganathan Room
                                                1-3pm
 Welcome
     o In Attendance: Molly Wagner, Marianne Bauer, Jamie Ebright, Joe Parisi, Michelle
        Pine, Kendall Argast-Watson
     o Not in Attendance: Divya Vijayanandakumar, Naz Saeed, Hila Berezovsky,
        Sushanta Bhandarkar, Jennifer Chen, Purvi Patel, Natalie Reilley, Hetal Shah, Micki
        Karrer, Priya Chawla, Bruce Bui



 Old Business/ President’s Report ......................................................................Molly Wagner
     o Positions needed: Competitions/Scholarships, Philanthropy, Publicity
     o Natalie is finishing up the membership survey to be sent out next week
     o Bylaw Committee has been contacted and set up and we are going to be working on
         a revised edition of the bylaws
     o The Boxes at Meera’s house really need to be removed
              Find out if there is any storage on campus for the boxes

 New Business/President Report .........................................................................Molly Wagner
     o Career Day planning meeting has been set! (please see hospitality report)
     o There needs to be better communication between VPs.

 Officer Reports
      o President Elect Report ....................................................................... Marianne Bauer

         o    Treasurer/ICC Report ...............................................................................Natalie Reilly

                  Not much Treasurer activity lately. Will give a budget report next meeting.
                     * Natalie and Jamie will discuss budget.
                  Survey Monkey test went well. Membership Survey will be ready next week
                  Angel Repository for club files may be possible (they are checking) - will keep
                   board posted

         o    Secretary Report ................................................................................... Kendall Argast
                   Kendall will write up Agenda from now on. Please send reports to her for the
                      next meeting.

         o    NKBA ........................................................................................................ Priya Chawla

                  NKBA chapter meeting is this Thursday. The chapter president Sherry Faure has
                   arranged some goodies for the mixer event.
                  Some of the board members from the local chapter are going to be present at the
                   mixer to network with students.
                       A WVC student will be receiving the Ron HernLund Scholarship at the chapter
                        meeting. The award is either prize money of $1500 or an all expense paid trip to
                        KBIS.

          o Mixer:

                       I will be setting up the table for memberships at Chimere – for NKBA, ASID &
                        IIDA
                       Naz, Divya and me will meet at the venue for set up at 4:00PM on Friday.
                       Since Naz is taking charge of food etc. – I have acknowledged her that NKBA
                        has allocated up to $ 250 (from the $500 annual stipend) for this event.

          o       IIDA .................................................................................. Naz Saeed/ Hilla Berezovsky

          o       ASID .................................................................... Divya Vijayanandakumar/ Purvi Patel
                   ASID Design Competition 2009 Entry Form Deadline - Friday, April 17, 2009
                           o Competition Binder Deadline - Thursday, April 30, 2009
                   ASID Design Awards Reception 2009 Medallion Rug Gallery - June 24, 2009
                           o Reception: 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
                           o Design Award Presentation: 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm

              o       USGBC .....................................................................................Sushanta Bhandarkar

                       Is someone willing to co-chair this with me? The person will have to interested in
                        green design, ofcourse ( which we should ALL be ), able to network and willing to
                        handle tours and stuff. Be able to attend Silicon Valley - Emerging Green
                        Builders ( student members ) - USGBC meetings.....be in the know of 'green'
                        things happening around us....
                            Michelle Pine is now co-chair with Sushanta
                       Greening our Program. I see that most of our instructors are getting or studying
                        to get LEED certified. That's a great start. That in itself should influence the
                        program and reflect in our projects/submissions as well.

 Committee Reports
     o Activities .................................................................................................... Micki Karrer
             Hetal will become co chair?
             Setting up a meeting to dicuss co-chair responsibilities(Micki, Hetal, Molly)

          o       Philanthropy ......................................................................................................... Open
                   Jeena Center: Jeena.org
                   Abha Chopra has offered to be the contact between the organization and
                      WVCIDC and hopes to organize this philanthropy project
                         Abha will contact instructors on guidance for Jeena Center.
                   They want to deign an entrance and an office space with the help of WVCIDC
                   Abha would like to set a date for volunteers to visit the Jeena Center:
                      suggestions?
                         Possible date after finals?

          o       Design Library .............................................................. Marianne Bauer/ Natalie Reilly

          o       Membership ................................................................................................... Joe Parisi

                             All applications currently received have been updated to the spreadsheet.
              Currently 101 members.
              A new online survey is being looked into by Natalie Reilly. I’ll be talking more
               with her to see how it is looking. This will give us good feedback on what is
               and isn’t exciting students about the club.
              I have the position and it responsibilities under control now. I will be working
               on setting up more class reps since we seem to be lacking in that area.
              I had a request from Diva to send out the flyer for the WV/Canada college
               mixer to all class reps. It seems to have been successful in spreading the
               word because we had a great turn out at the event.


o   Web Site ......................................................................................................... Bruce Bui
        Is there any way to make updating and posting events easier?

o   Competitions/Scholarships ................................................................................ Open

o   Hospitality ............................................................................................... Jaime Ebright
                                                                               th
                Student Mentoring Program April 24 .
                 o Have not seen any publicity for this event – Am I missing something?
                 o Recent email sent by Diane Hurd announced that their will be no
                       power on campus this day- Is there a new date?
                             Micki to find a new date for Mentoring Program
                 o Is there a suggested budget? i.e. $ per person? See Treasurer
                       Report- NOTE- Reviewed Treasurers report, but breakdown is not
                       very clear- Who decides which event gets WHAT money? For
                       example, I have not been involved in the WVCIDC/Canada College
                       mixer and yet I understand that money has been allocated for this
                       event?? Hopefully we can get some clarity on this issue- Generally a
                       budget is given to each department to manage? Who is managing
                       this budget?

               End of Semester Cookie Celebration
               Dates: Wednesday May 13 and Thursday May 14 (2 days)
               Time: 10am - 1pm - Maybe longer?
               Headcount: 50
               Room: Design Library has been offered as a location for food and beverage.

                     Also, who may be able to assist with food prep and or set-up?
                     So far I have heard from Molly and she volunteered Shelly to do some
                     baking Any body else interested?.
                        Sign up sheet for volunteers?

               Graduation Party -
               Date Options: Friday, May 29,
               Time: 2:00pm
               Headcount: 50
               Room: AAS Building. Location: Room 8 - (Was advised to book this)

               Received the last years budget and menu and have a modified version to
               present at this weekends meeting. I read Natalie’s concern that this seemed
               like too much money ($700) and I agree. I will bring estimated costs to
               meeting.
                   Career Day Planning Meeting
                             Monday, April 27
                             7:15pm - 8:30pm
                             Starbucks Coffee
                             Santana Row
                             (It's in the Maggiano's Plaza)


     o   Publicity/Display Cases/BB ................................................................................ Open

 Announcements

                                  Next Board Meeting: Saturday, May 9
                                   West Valley College Library
                                   Raganathan Room 1-3pm

								
To top