BURLINGTON AND ESSEX TRACK AND FIELD INVITATIONAL
BACK UP TIMER(S)
Back up timer is working closely with FAT timer and is responsible
1. Using a Time Machine with printer hand timing all heats of
Start the Time Machine on the smoke from starter’s pistol.
Timing any event longer than 200 m Dash lack the time
machine right after the start.
Time every finish place if possible
2. Check lap counter before every distance race. Make sure
correct number of remaining laps is showing: 1 - 800 m Run; 3
– 1500 m Run; 7 – 3000 m Run; 12 – 5000 m Run
3. Make sure you have enough printing paper in the Time
machine. Orange line on the paper will give you a warning.
4. Unlock and reset the Time Machine after every race. Do not
tear paper with times off unless asked by FAT timer.
5. You may check your times with FAT computer screen. Your
times should be 0.24 sec faster.