MAHARASHTRA STATE ELECTRICITY
( MSETCL )
MSETCL is a state government electricity company.
MSETCL as the State Transmission Utility (STU) of
Maharashtra, is responsible for building and
maintaining the Power Transmission Network for
M.S.E.T.C.L. ensures compliance with statutory
requirements along with norms and procedures laid
down by the Board & State Government.
• Capital budgeting (or investment appraisal) is
the planning process used to determine whether
a firm's long term investments such as new
machinery, replacement machinery, new plants,
new products, and research development
projects are worth pursuing. It is budget for
major capital, or investment, expenditures.
Procedure of Capital Budgeting
1. Five year plan covering physical targets and
2. In Member Board meeting resolution is passed to
approve the scheme.
CAPEX SECTION FTU SECTION LOAN DEPT.
3. Chief Engineer communicates all with a copy to
Budget Section, physical plan Revised Estimate and
Budget Expenditure to provide their Financial
SCOPE OF WORK
Annual Performance Review of Scheme.
Zone STU Plan.
Reconciliation of CB2 file.
Analysis of line Extension Scheme.
Monthly Information System of CB2 file.
FACTS & FINDINGS
1. Huge gap in the demand for power and its supply
2. Redundancy in transformer capacity and line.
3. Transmission Open Access.
4. Improvement in overall availability, and efficiency
of transmission system.
Reduce MSETCL technical and non-technical losses.
Reinforce transmission systems by financing
equipment, materials, and plants, for expanding or
Provide technical assistance in the areas of reform
Raising the resources from the Markets.
Major concern for the company is its sensitivity to