DBT-STATE BIOTECH HUB
DEPARTMENT OF BIOTECHNOLOGY
No. MZU/BT/DBT – BIOTECH HUB/ 2011/04 10th March 2011
Advertisement No. 1
The State Biotech Hub is the state of the art facility in Mizoram funded by
Department of Biotechnology, New Delhi. The Objective of DBT, New Delhi to set-up the
State Biotech Hub is to strengthen the capacity of Mizoram to undertake research in any
branch of Biology /Life Science /Biotechnology /Environmental Sciences /Chemistry
/Physics /Bioinformatics /Biomedical Sciences/ Agri /Veterinary Sciences; to promote
education & research for development and transfer of knowledge systems; to attract
students to build their career in different fields of in Biology/ Biotechnology; to organize
summer / winter courses for school / college / institute students and teachers and to have
linkage with other biotech hubs/ other institutes to interact and collaborate. Other objective
includes biotech awareness programs for farmers/ general public/ NGO’s and publishing
Applications in the prescribed application form supported by relevant testimonials
are invited from intending candidates for appointment to the following posts for the DBT-
sponsored project “DBT-State Biotech Hub”:
1) Research Associate (RA) - One (01) post. (Emolument: Rs.22,000/- pm plus HRA)
Eligibility for RA: Ph.D degree in Biological/ Chemical/ Physical/ Agri /Veterinary
Sciences/Biomedical Sciences. Evidence of research experience in molecular biology
techniques is essential from published work. Age: below 36 years.
2) Senior Research Fellow/Junior Research Fellow – Three (03) posts.
SRF (Emolument: Rs.14,000/- pm plus HRA) or JRF (Emolument: Rs.12,000/- pm plus
Eligibility for SRF: M.Sc. degree in Biological/ Chemical/ Physical/ Agri /Veterinary
Sciences/Biomedical Sciences and two years of post-M.Sc research experience is
essential. Eligibility for JRF: Candidates having M.Sc. degree in the above.
NET/GATE/ BINC candidates will be given preference (SRF: Rs.18,000/- pm plus HRA or
JRF: Rs.16,000/- pm plus HRA). Age: below 36 years.
3) Technical Assistant (TA) - One (01) post. (Emolument: Rs.12,000/- pm plus HRA)
Eligibility for TA: M.Sc. degree in Biological/Chemical Sciences. Age: below 36 years.
4) Lab Attendant/ Animal Attendant–Three (03) posts.(Emolument:Rs.6,000/-pm plus
Eligibility for TA: Candidates having Bachelor’s degree / Diploma. Candidates having
experience in computers/ animal handling/ instrumentation/ lab and field techniques will be
given preference. Age: below 36 years.
5) Traineeship - Five (05 Posts)– 6 months duration (Emolument: Rs.5,000/-pm
Eligibility: Candidates having M.Sc. degree in Biological/ Chemical/ Physical /Agri /
Veterinary Sciences/ Biomedical Sciences. Age: below 25 years. Preference will be given
to candidates with research interests.
General Terms and Conditions
• The term of service is one year (except for Traineeship) which may be extended further
depending on their performance and/or other conditions prevailing at that time. Fellowship amount
might change as per norms of DBT, New Delhi. The post is purely temporary and is co-terminus
with the project. The appointment does not confer any entitlement or right over the job and will not
be considered as formal service.
• Candidates having strong interests and dedication towards the objectives of DBT, New Delhi
in setting up the State Biotech Hub only need to apply. The selected candidates should also involve
in overall setting up and proper functioning of the Biotech Hub.
• Applications, neatly typed on plain paper, stating the name, address, date of birth,
educational qualifications and experiences along with attested photocopies of mark sheets and
certificates, should be submitted to the Coordinator, State Biotech Hub, Dept of Biotechnology,
Mizoram University on or before 31 March 2011.
• Applications can also be sent by Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org /
• Short-listed Candidates will be called for written test/ interview. Call letters will be sent by e-mail
only. No TA & DA will be paid for appearing in the written test/ interview.
Dr. N. Senthil Kumar
Coordinator (DBT-State Biotech Hub)
Associate Professor, Dept. of Biotechnology
Mizoram University, Aizawl- 796004, Mizoram
1. P.S to The Vice-chancellor, Mizoram University, Aizawl for information.
2. Dr. T. Madhan Mohan, Advisor, DBT, Govt. of India, New Delhi for information.
3. Dr. B. L. Jailkhani, Senior Consultant, Healthcare, NER-BPMC, BCIL, New Delhi
4. The Dean, School of Life sciences/Physical/ Earth Sciences, MZU
5. The HOD’s of All the Departments, MZU
6. All Coordinators of BTISnet/ NEBINeT Information Centres.
7. The System Administrator, Mizoram University for displaying in the MZU website.
8. News Link Newspaper, Aizawl
9. Office file.