EMBASSY OF ITALY
REQUISITE DOCUMENTS FOR A SPORTS VISA.
MANDATORY DOCUMENTS: Please show original documents at the time of submission
1. Application form fully completed and signed by applicant
2. Two recent passport-size photographs (white background)
3. Passport/Travel Document must:
a) Have been issued within the previous 10 years and the validity must not exceed 10 yrs.
b) At least have a validity of 3 months after intended stay.
c) Have 2 Blank Pages.
4. Overseas medical insurance with minimum coverage of Euro 30,000-with the inclusion of
a repatriation flight, if required (Photocopy).
5. Insurance Declaration Form
6. A Return flight reservation or bookings.
7. One set photocopy of applicant’s Passport.
8. Covering letter from the Indian Sport Organization listing, all the names of visa
applicants, detailing purpose of trip, duration of stay & outlining travel itinerary
9. Covering letter from the Indian Ministry of Youth and Sport, listing all the names of the
applicants and detailing the duration of stay, the covering of the costs etc.
10. Invitation letter from the Italian Sport Organization, which is organizing the sport
competition, listing all the names of visa applicants, duration of stay, covering of the costs
etc., attested by CONI (Italian National Olympic Committee). Letter is to be sent to the
Embassy and to the Indian Organization
11 a. Foreign exchange endorsement on the passport and receipt OR
b. Credit card copy with statement of credit limit OR
c. Supporting letter from Italian or Indian Organization.
12. Confirmed hotel booking or supporting letter from the Italian organization in this regard.
NOTE: This Embassy reserves the right to ask for a Personal Interview or