Marketing & Outreach Committee Minutes
May 6, 2009
1-2 PM, A-102 Conference Room
Present: Sandi Trevisan, Sadayoshi Okumoto, Sonny Nguyen, Joyce Allen
Absent: Joseph Young, Carmen Martinez-Coniglio, Joan Thompson, Francesca Gade,
Eric Mosier, Joan Thompson, Greg Newhouse, Adela Jacobson, Amy Fraher, Joseph
1. Chair’s Report
A. Committee Representatives/reports to/from Senates
• April Koch e-mailed notes from the Academic Senate meeting. Trevisan will forward.
• Joyce Allen reported President Hsieh made a budget presentation to Classified Senate,
plans are underway for Classified Staff Recognition Week, May 11-15, and CS is
working on elections.
B. District Marketing and Outreach Committee (DMOC) Report
Class Schedule Cost Saving Proposals Update: Class schedule distribution is further
being discussed. Espresso Coffee House distribution will be eliminated, based on
number of left-over schedules at drop locations.
2. Outreach (Nguyen)
• Sonny reported Outreach events scheduled in the next few months include:
May 27, Black Mountain Middle School (120 @ 7th/8th graders) on campus
April 15, Career Expo
July 8, Jets Jumpstart
Vets 2 Jets “Meet and Greet”
Freshman Year Experience
June 5-7, Gillespie Field Air Show
June 19, Del Mar Fair
Outreach is down to last two boxes of general information brochure/viewbook.
3. Publications/Website Update
• Trevisan shared the new Orientation Guide that was developed by Counseling, funded
by Basic Skills.
• Under the Prospective Students page, Outreach would like to work with Bill Smith,
new webmaster, to create an online tour request form
4. 2008-2009 Events
• Bike to Work Day will be May 15. Miramar will be a designated stop for the second
year in a row.
• Mission, Values and Vision
A comment has been added to the values re: sustainability
Next meeting: October 7, 2009