Student Financial Support
NERC Studentship Acceptance Form
Please print, complete and return this form to the address listed.
Terms and Conditions
1. A NERC studentship provides the selected the award-holder with the package of financial support specified in
their official award offer letter.
2. The official duration, start and end dates of an award-holder’s studentship are those stated on his/her award
3. The Natural Environment Research Council’s (NERC) terms and conditions for NERC studentships are detailed in
its Studentship Handbook, which is published at: http://www.nerc.ac.uk/funding/application/studentships (Last
accessed on 13/07/2009). By accepting the offer of a NERC studentship at Durham University, the award-holder
agrees to NERC’s terms and conditions for studentships.
4. A NERC studentship can be terminated at any time when an unsatisfactory progress report on the award-holder is
received from an academic department or when the award-holder ceases to be a registered postgraduate
student at Durham University.
5. If a NERC studentship is terminated or suspended the award-holder must repay to Durham University any monies
that have been overpaid to them. The University will calculate overpayments of maintenance grants using the
daily grant rate paid to the award-holder over the duration of an academic year (365 days).
6. The holding of a NERC studentship does not constitute or imply a contract of employment with either NERC or
Acceptance of Award
I confirm that: Please tick the appropriate box
I accept the offer of a NERC studentship at Durham University and agree to the terms and conditions of the
I decline the offer of a NERC studentship at Durham University.
Your 9 Digit University Reference:
Quoted on your offer letter.
If you choose to accept your offer of an award and your award provides you with a maintenance grant, please provide
the details of the UK bank account that you wish for your maintenance to be paid in to.
Sort Code: - -
Account No: - - -
If your bank details change at any time during your studentship please inform Student Financial Support immediately.
I do not currently have a UK bank account and require the first instalment of my maintenance grant to be
paid to me by cheque. Please tick if so.
NERC Doctoral Studentships Acceptance Form Page 1 of 2
Please sign and return this form to:
Student Financial Support Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
University Office Fax: 0191 33 46231
Durham Scanned copies of this form sent by email or fax are accepted.
NERC Doctoral Studentships Acceptance Form Page 2 of 2