SUMMER PLACEMENT – 2011
After successful c ompletion of the first year of the MBA program, our students are placed in various
organizations during t he summer vacations. The students take up projects in functional areas like
Marketing, Finance, Systems, Operations, and Human Resource Management.
The project gives the students an opportunity
to apply management theory to practical situations
to understand the complexities of organizational life
to become aware of his/her strengths and weaknesses as a pote ntial manager
Students are required to complete their assignments to the full satisfaction of the organization concerned,
submit detailed reports and make presentations of their projects to the project guide in the organization.
Companies, which have participated in our Summer Placement P rogram, have expressed a degree of
satisfaction about our students’ performance.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The project can be in any one of the functional areas or can be interdisciplinary nat ure. While specifying
a project the organization is requested to consider the subjects covered in the first year of the program,
which are listed in the brochure. Each student is to be given an individual project and the normal duration
of t he project is 8 weeks. On completion of the project the student is required t o submit copies of the
report to the organization and to the institute. If the findings contained in the report are of a confidential
nature, the organization must inform the Placement Chairman. The organization is required t o send an
evaluation report to the Institute.
PROCEDURE FOR SUMMER PLACEMENT
1. Kindly fill the summer training form and mail it to the placement office.
2. If you want to conduct int erviews for selecting the project trainees, we can arrange interviews at
the campus on a mutually convenient date.
3. Please route all communications regarding summer plac ements to the Placement Cell, BIM.
Prof. M. SANKARAN
E- mail: email@example.com
Prof. S N RAGHAVENDRA
E- mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. ABHISHEK KUMAR
E- mail: email@example.com
Mr. M Manoj Cell No: +91 94433-18295, 94422-18294
Bharathidasan Institute of Management,
P.B.No.12, MHD Campus, BHEL Complex,
TIRUCHIRAPPALLI - 620014,
Tel.: (0431) 3293678, 2520502, 2520796 Telefax: (0431) 2520733
Bharathidasan Institute of Management, Tiruchirappalli – 620 014
SUMMER PLACEMENT FORM
Name and address of Organization :
Title(s) of the project :
Brief Description of the work to be done :
Location of the Project :
Details of Outstation Travel :
Stipend Payable :
Name, Designation & Address
of the guide for the Project :
Tel. No.: NAME :
Mobile : Designation: :
Email : Office Seal :
List of companies visited for campus recruitments in 2010 for the Batch 25
1. ABP 21. JPMC
2. Asian Paints 22. JSW Steel
3. Bajaj Auto Finance Ltd. 23. MARG
4. Berger Paints 24. MedAll (Healthc are Start-up)
5. Castrol 25. Mindtree
6. CavinKare 26. Readiminds
7. Cognizant 27. Rural Electrification Corporation Lt d.
8. Dalmia Cement 28. SBI Capital Mark ets
9. Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu 29. Spark Capital
10. Excellers 30. State Bank of India
11. Genpact 31. Tata Teleservices Ltd.
12. HCL 32. TCS
13. HDFC Ltd 33. TCS eServe
14. i3 Consulting 34. Thirumalai Chemicals Ltd.
15. ICICI Bank 35. Thomas Cook
16. ICRA 36. Ucal Fuel Systems Ltd.
17. IMRB 37. Union Bank of India
18. IMS 38. Vedanta
19. Infosys 39. Wipro Consume Care
20. Irevna 40. Wipro Infotech
List of companies offered summer internships in 2010 for the Batch 26
1. Antrix Corporation Ltd. 31. Loyal Credit & Investments (Indowind
2. A viva Life Insurance Group)
3. Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance 32. Madison Media
4. Bajaj Auto Finance Ltd 33. MaxValue Learning Technologies &
5. Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd Cons ulting
6. BigBazaar- Future Value Retail 34. MindTree Lt d
7. Cavinkare P vt Ltd 35. Ney veli Lignite Corporation
8. Club Mahindra Holidays 36. Novellsys Technologies
9. Cybernet Slash Support 37. Nuclear Power Corporation of India Lt d.
10. Dainik Bhaskar Group 38. Paripoorna Udhy oga Privat e Ltd.
11. Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu 39. Quantum Market Research
12. Emergys Soft ware P vt Ltd 40. Redington (India) P vt Lt d.
13. Exim Bank 41. Religare Securities Ltd.
14. Frost & Sullivan 42. Reserve Bank of India
15. Godrej & Boyce Mfg. Co. 43. SASTRA University
16. Google India P vt. Ltd. 44. Schwarzkopf, Henkel India Ltd.
17. Great India Tourism Planners & 45. Shapoorji & Pallonji & Co. Ltd.
Cons ultants, International 46. Tamil Nadu Industrial Investment
18. Guardian Mgmt. Services Corporation
19. H&R Johnson India 47. TA TA Consultancy Services
20. Hinduja Foundries Ltd 48. Thirumalai Chemicals
21. Hyundai Mobis 49. TTK Healthc are
22. Identiti Design 50. TVKS Group of companies
23. Indian Space Research Organiz ation 51. TVS & Sons Ltd
24. ITC 52. UCO Bank
25. ITW Signode 53. United Bank of India
26. J P Morgan Chase & Co. 54. Vodafone Essar East
27. Kansai Nerolac Paints Ltd 55. Wealth Advisors
28. Kaybase (Knowledge Base) 56. WealthMax Management Services
29. KHI (S eychelles) Lt d 57. Wipro Consumer Care
30. Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd 58. Zx-Infotech