To Register for a Workshop SCORE® is a national, non-profit
organization with over 12,000
Visit our website at: members which began in 1964. We
www.score-suncoast.org are a group of working and retired ®
business executives who donate our
1) Click "Workshops" in left column time assisting people in the U.S. in Counselors to America’s Small Business
2) Workshop Information will appear starting-up new businesses or
3) Find Workshop and Date desired providing business counseling for YOUR INVITATION TO
4) Click on the link to Register existing businesses. ATTEND WORKSHOPS
5) Complete the required forms HELD AT ARGOSY UNIVERSITY
6) Confirmation email returned to you Manasota SCORE® Chapter #116
.. is grateful for the support of: The NEW SCORE QuickSTART
If you have questions about our Workshop Series
Workshops or experience any Make a smart start and begin your
problems registering on our website, journey for small business success!
please contact us at:
Start-up Basics (FREE)
SCORE ® 941-379-0404 Marketing Plan
2801 FRUITVILLE ROAD STE 280 Financial Projections
SARASOTA, FL 34237 Funding Sources and Next Steps
941-955-1029 plus . . .
.. Building your Business Plan
SCORE® is a resource partner with Manage & Grow Existing Business
the Small Business Administration. Carole Molnar
1830 Osprey Suite 102 Presentations and discussions are led
SCORE® MENTORING SERVICES Sarasota, FL 34203 by experienced professionals and
ARE FREE, 941-951-7333 retired executives.
CONFIDENTIAL AND ONGOING Our SCORE® volunteers share their
talents, ideas and experiences with
prospective entrepreneurs or existing
business owners who desire to improve
productivity and profitability.
Workshop Schedule Workshop Objectives & Overviews The NEW SCORE QuickSTART
QuickSTART 1-Startup Basics – FREE! Workshops
All workshops held at Argosy University • Personal Factors / Management
5250 17th St, Sarasota (just west of N. • Business Opportunities QuickSTART Workshops 1 through 5
Honore Ave) in Classroom A-1 • Marketing are designed to be taken as a series to
• Organization, Insurance, Regulations give you tools and techniques you need to
Saturday Sessions from 9:00am to 12:00pm • Requirements and Sources of Capital go ahead with final planning and startup of
Monday Sessions from 5:30pm to 8:30pm • Business Planning your new business.
* Financial Projections duration is 4 hrs
Q- indicates QuickSTART Workshop QuickSTART 2-Business Concepts After you attend QuickSTART 2-Business
• Business ideas, personal background, Concepts, you will be assigned a SCORE
There are two identical Q1- Startup Basics industry profile, markets, competition, risk
workshops at the beginning of each series, so you mentor who will work with you for FREE
• Critical information data sources, industry,
only need to attend one while you attend the remaining
customer and competitor data
QuickSTART workshops and then maintain
6/28/10 Mon Q1- Startup Basics (FREE)
QuickSTART 3-Marketing Plan an ongoing FREE mentoring relationship
7/12/10 Mon Q1- Startup Basics (FREE)
• Product/service offering and description as you successfully start and grow your
7/17/10 Sat Manage and Grow Your Business new business.
• Pricing strategy / Competition
7/19/10 Mon Q2- Business Concepts • Target markets / Distribution channels
7/26/10 Mon Q3- Marketing Plan • Marketing strategies for target markets
8/2/10 Mon Q4- Financial Projections Additional Specialized Workshops cover
8/9/10 Mon Q5- Funding Sources QuickSTART 4-Financial Projections other business improvement topics.
8/23/10 Mon Building Your Business Plan • Developing a financial model and projections
• Use of the SCORE financial forecast model
8/7/10 Sat Q1- Startup Basics (FREE) QuickSTART 1- Startup Basics is FREE!
• Develop and interpret financial information
8/21/10 Sat Q1- Startup Basics (FREE) The cost of other workshops is $25.00
8/28/10 Sat Q2- Business Concepts QuickSTART 5-Funding Sources / Next payable by credit card when you register or
9/11/10 Sat Q3- Marketing Plan Steps by check at the workshop.
9/18/10 Sat Q4- Financial Projections • The Six C’s of credit
10/2/10 Sat Q5- Funding Sources • Funding sources / Bank financing
• Business Readiness Assessment
10/4/10 Mon Manage and Grow Your Business
10/11/10 Mon Building Your Business Plan Building Your Business Plan
9/13/10 Mon Q1- Startup Basics (FREE) • Step-by-step process to organize business
10/25/10 Mon Q1- Startup Basics (FREE) concepts and ideas into a Business Plan
11/8/10 Mon Q2- Business Concepts • Plan development using SCORE template Your Business.
11/15/10 Mon Q3- Marketing Plan • Communicating business concepts to others Your Success.
11/29/10 Mon Q4- Financial Projections
Manage and Grow Existing Businesses
12/13/10 Mon Q5- Funding Sources
• Challenges and new skill requirements for
11/20/10 Sat Q1- Startup Basics (FREE) successful current day management / change
12/11/10 Sat Q1- Startup Basics (FREE) • Using the Internet to reach new customers
• Accounting software packages that can