CHECKLIST – JOINT VENTURE AGREEMENTS
The following is a standard checklist for most joint
1. Formation, Name and the business principles of
the Joint Venture (“JV”).
2. Mailing information of the parties to the JV.
3. General purpose of the JV.
4. Percentage of participation in the JV. i.e.
(a) capital contribution to the JV
(b) distribution of profits and losses to JV.
5. Control and Management of the JV.
6. Particularisation of the duties of each party to
7. Duration or term of the JV.
8. JV Accounts and Auditors.
9. Auditing procedures of the JV.
10. Sale of disposable assets of the JV. e.g. a party
as exclusive agent?
11. Derivative businesses to the JV.
12. No partnership by virtue of JV.
13. Assignment of interest under the JV.
14. Indemnification and warranties.
15. Notices under the JV.
16. Confidentiality and public announcements.
17. Governing Law and dispute resolution.
18. JV as entire agreement superceding prior
OSEROGHO & ASSOCIATES PAGE 2 OF 2
19. Further assurances and registration of JV
against the title to the property.