Senior Product Manager - Platform
Date: April 2008
Reporting To: Head of Products: Online
Reporting to You: None
Purpose To ensure that the product strategy of the company is met through defining
the market requirements and packaging the features into product releases for
the gateway suite of products running on the Clickatell platform.
Key Responsibility • Execute online products strategy focusing on the gateway suite of
• Determine gateway products road map and provide input to the pricing
• Gather requirements from prospectors, evaluators and customers and
prepare product requirement documents.
• Monitor industry innovations, perform competitive analysis and prepare
business requirement documentation.
• Manage and implement the presentation (website), billing, download /
delivery and reporting of the gateway products.
• Manage the technical relationships and the engineering contract with
internal and external developers on an ongoing basis, with respect to
new developments, feature enhancements, preparation of technical
specifications and product bug fixes.
• Preparation of all the associated technical documentation.
• Produce and manage website related copy and documentation.
• Ensure synergy with Product Marketing Manager and Marketing division.
Budget and EBDITA
1. Ensure that the revenue figures for each product are achievable through
the implementation of the online product strategy.
2. Ensure that the EBDITA figures are achievable through the
implementation of the online product strategy.
Core Competencies: • Candidate must have a proven ability to analyze market requirements,
define products and solutions as well as defining user personas for
• Candidate will take ownership of ongoing product management for
Clickatell’s gateway suite of products.
• Position requires in depth understanding of the international
wireless/mobile messaging market, players, products as well as the
direction of the market.
• Candidate needs to have a strong technical background and an
understanding of the global mobile industry, application program
interfaces and software development kits.
• Excellent communication skills are important since candidate must work
across various functional areas (engineering, product marketing,
operations, sales and marketing) and with external partners and
General • Computer literate (MS Office, MS Project, Visio and email).
Competencies: • Foresight, analysis and logic, systematic and orderly planning, attention
• Project management experience.
• Problem solving skills and analytical abilities.
• Excellent negotiating skills both internally and externally.
• Excellent time management skills.
• The ability to both act tactically and strategically.
Experience and • At least 5 years experience in Product development and product
• Experience in market and customer analysis and research.
• Have completed a tertiary education in IT and product and project
• Experience in the mobile industry.
Personal Results oriented and creative
Characteristics: Attention to detail
Self driven, with entrepreneurial leanings
Good interpersonal skills
Positive outlook on life
High levels of initiative
Work in a team, with a high degree of responsibility
Work well under pressure and to meet deadlines
Special Requirements: • Regular and on time attendance
• From time to time you will be required to work outside of normal working
• You may have to travel from time to time locally and abroad
Note: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative
of the knowledge; skill and or ability required and are not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with this job.
You will be required to perform all reasonable duties assigned to you or
related or incidental to the proper completion of your job tasks;
During a colleague’s leave of absence from the company or during month
end or peak business periods, you may be required to perform other job
tasks upon reasonable request from your line manager.
Relocation costs (if applicable) will be for own account.