Job Title: Administrative Coordinator
We are an innovative civil rights law, policy, and communications “action tank” that
advances universal opportunity and a just democracy for those left behind in America.
We believe that sustainable progress can be made when multiple tools—law, policy
analysis, strategic communications, technology, and research— are coordinated with
Advancement Project seeks an Administrative Coordinator to help support two Co-
Directors and the Associate Director for the Education program area.
Responsibilities include: This is a high-level, high responsibility position to provide full
administrative support to two of our Co-Directors and the Associate Director, who are all
civil rights attorneys with demanding schedules. Duties include, but are not limited to,
maintaining calendars and contacts, document preparation for meetings, event planning
and coordination for both the organization and the education docket, taking messages,
participating in and taking notes during conference calls, arranging and scheduling
travel and meetings, maintaining files, drafting and reviewing correspondence,
conducting research, creating reports and presentations, and managing distribution of
electronic newsletter to list serves. In addition, 25 percent of the Administrative
Coordinator’s time will be dedicated to administrative tasks, including light filing and
bookkeeping for our partner law firm, English, Munger and Rice. The successful
candidate will have a genuine passion and enthusiasm for helping to address social
inequities. Advancement Project offers a high-paced, highly creative, highly meaningful
work experience with opportunities for continued learning and growth.
• 3-5 years of experience as an administrative or executive assistant is a must.
• Interest in working in the public interest field
• Professional demeanor, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task and work in a small, busy office
• Flexibility to adjust and contribute to continually evolving work situations and
• Self starter with ability to generate creative solutions
• Light travel on a quarterly basis
• Strong computer skills including complete knowledge of Microsoft Office and strong
internet research skills also required.
Annual salary: $35K – $45K to commensurate with experience. Includes health, dental
and vision benefits. Parking is also included.
The Advancement Project is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people of
color are encouraged to apply.
Send cover letters and resumes to:
ATTN: Alyssa Carroll
Advancement Project, 1541 Wilshire Blvd. Ste 508, Los Angeles CA 90017
Or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 213.989.1309
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled. Position to start in September 2010.