2011 Investment Management Associate Program
Whether you’re at the beginning of your career or looking to make your next move, you want to
work for a company that values your individual talents, skills and experience. Wells Fargo was
named Among the World’s 50 Most Respected Companies by Barron’s magazine in 2010. Learn
about the many exciting career paths and opportunities we offer.
The Wealth Management Investment Management Associate Program provides participants with
a 24 month program experience that offers functional skills training and work experience in your
role as an Investment Management Associate. The program also includes group projects, exposure
to key leaders, coaching and mentoring and regular performance feedback sessions. We are
looking for individuals to join this program in the fall of 2011.
Wells Fargo & Company is a diversified financial services company with $1.2 trillion in assets,
providing banking, insurance, investments, mortgage and consumer finance through more than
10,000 stores and 12,000 ATMs and the internet across North American and internationally.
Wealth, Brokerage and Retirement is a division of Wells Fargo & Company. As one of the leading
wealth management, brokerage and retirement providers in the U.S., the group focuses on
providing solutions that meet clients’ unique needs.
Wealth Management (WM) provides private banking, investment management, trust, planning and
brokerage services to a wide segment of affluent and high net worth investors. With the merger of
Wachovia and Wells Fargo, the organization becomes the second largest broker-dealer in the
nation with over $150 billion in client assets. WM team members include trust officers, private
bankers, investment managers, Wells Fargo Investment financial consultants, planners, and wealth
Investment Management Associate
Pipeline for sales and relationship oriented Investment Managers who are seeking to broaden their
professional knowledge within a dynamic financial services environment.
Associates will focus primarily on analysis and research projects while working with the Regional
Investment Manager on portfolio management for his/her clients.
The Associate Program combines the opportunity to support current initiatives in Investment
Management with targeted professional development. As a program participant, you will be
challenged to conceive and implement innovative business solutions through hands-on, high-
impact projects, while also working with leaders to fulfill a development plan based on your
learning needs. The program utilizes a cohort model where learning is done in small groups, and
development is highly personalized.
Opportunities are intended to lead to more senior roles in Wealth Management as well as other
areas of the Company.
In addition to fulfilling the job duties described above, candidates should also be prepared to:
• Engage with leaders at all levels of the organization including senior management, team
members, individual contributors and vendors.
• Provide excellent customer service in all areas of support, including team members and
clients as necessary.
• Perform historical and/or analytical research to respond to requests or assignments.
Understand processes and work flows and make recommendations for process
improvements. Bring closure to issues, questions and requests. Solve problems
• Understand business needs and provide possible solutions by explaining in clear verbal
and/or written communications to customers and/or management.
• Consistently learn new systems, applications, processes and techniques.
• Demonstrated interest in financial markets and securities analysis or related field of
• 2+ years demonstrated ability to provide consistent and effective service to customers.
• 2+ years demonstrated ability to perform historical and/or analytical research.
• 2+ years proven ability to solve problems and recommend possible solutions.
Currently enrolled in an MBA or other relevant degree program expecting to graduate in 2011, or
have graduated within the past three years, with an emphasis in related quantitative/analytical
field from an accredited, leading business school or university.
• Completed finance coursework or have experience in financial accounting, finance, capital
markets, and/or macroeconomics.
• Proven ability to articulate ideas, strategies, and solutions clearly, orally, in writing, and
through presentation skills.
• Relevant experience working collaboratively in a team environment.
• Proven organization skills, including demonstrated experience managing multiple projects
and deadlines, and demonstrated ability to effectively manage details.
• Willingness to work within the firm’s demanding and highly focused environment.
• Ability to demonstrate a sense of personal accountability and success for achieving results
tied to specific goals.
• Demonstrated ability to learn new systems, processes and techniques.
• Has passed CFA Level I, II and/or III.
• Demonstrated leadership experience in workplace or community setting.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage behavior during extreme shifts in business in
To apply go to www.wellsfargo.com/careers and search by keyword
“Wealth Management Investment Management Associate Program”
Wells Fargo will not sponsor visas for these positions, and will not hire individuals whose work eligibility is based on
their F-1 or other student visa status. Candidates must be able to work in the United States on a permanent basis.