WITH THECUS NAS DEVICE
Low-Cost and Effective Property Monitoring
Function On Thecus NAS
Many property owners are victims of break-ins.
Home owners would spend a fortune on home
surveillance systems to protect their properties,
complicated operations and expensive.
Thecus NAS device, which support web camera, is able to provide
efficient monitoring at home or office. The advantages are:
Setup is easy
Configuration is simple
Low cost and efficient
Stable and low power
Thecus N4100+ (with Firmware 2.00.05)
Logitech QuickCam (Connected to USB port on Thecus NAS
Procedure III • View images recorded by the web
• Connect a web camera & schedule to
Procedure II start web cam image capture task
Procedure I • Install Web Cam Module on N4100+
1. Go to Download Center at www.thecus.com to get Download
Download link: www.thecus.com/download.php
2. Go to System>Module Mgmt and install the WebCam Module on
3. Check the Web Cam Module and click Enable to start the web
Image Size : image size for each captured image (160x120,
320x240, or 640x480).
Interval : interval between each captured image.
5. Select Preview to view image recorded by web cam.
6. Press Apply to confirm setup.
In this example,
Image Size : 320 x 240
Interval : 1 Second (image is captured and saved every 1 second)
7. Press Schedule to start configure web cam task
8. Click Enable to start scheduling task.
If you wish to have a non-stop recording task, click Always.
9. Select specific days and times.
For this example, web cam task is set from 7PM to 8AM next
morning every Monday to Friday.
10. Click Apply to complete web cam setup.
11. In this example, web cam task is scheduled and information is
Time : 19:00 ~ 8:00 Monday to Friday
Image Size : 320 x 240 (setup in Step 2)
Interval : image is saved every 1 second (setup in Step 4)
12. Images are automatically saved in service folder Video. The
images will be compressed into MPEG file automatically.
Having some kind of monitoring system at home or office is
always handy for owners. When property owners are able to
monitor homes or offices with surveillance equipment, it's like
they have a television network devoted to the safety of their
properties. Thecus NAS device with web camera can just do the
job. It not only let owners know the condition of their property
from remote locations, but also keep records. It is definitely a
low-cost and efficient surveillance system at home and office to