POSITION Manager, Managed Care Marketing and Physician Network Development
REPORTS TO Vice President, Strategic Planning and Marketing
Executes systemwide sales and marketing responsibilities of system-developed product lines and
physician/hospital organizations (PHOs) to macrobuyers. Supports vice president, planning and
marketing, on managed care product line and physician network development to enhance current
and future managed care relationships. Acts as operational liaison with system HMO. Executes
coordination and integration of systemwide program sales activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Manages system integration and coordination of all product lines sales activities at
system facilities. These include director of contracting, cardiovascular health,
occupational health, home health, behavioral health, development and others.
2. Implements and manages systemwide standardized sales tracking and reporting software
and protocol for all product lines at system facilities.
3. Develops and executes sales strategy for marketing of PHOs to macrobuyers, including
HMOs, PPOs and self-insured companies.
4. Coordinates the recruitment of physicians into the system’s health plan, PPO and other
managed care contracts that include system facilities.
5. Manages sales execution for “direct” product lines, i.e., cardiovascular, to macrobuyers.
6. Manages the development, execution and monitoring of sales plans for the system’s
direct contracting, product line and PHO marketing strategies.
7. Works with managed care account representative on sales execution and relationship
building to optimize existing and current contract relationships and meet annual sales
8. Works with sales to develop consistent employer/macrobuyer data gathering in support
of direct contracting activities.
9. Educates/orients system billing and admitting on direct contract operational guidelines to
improve efficiency and quality of service to clients.
10. Meets with external purchasers of care (HMO, PPO and self-insured employers) for the
purpose of selling system healthcare services.
11. Works with HMO/PPO contracting manager on enhancing contract relationships through
introduction of product lines and other service arrangements. Brings product-line
offerings to contract closure.
12. Works in a coordinated relationship with product-line managers and physicians to
13. Works with planning and marketing staff on analytic phase of sales activity and market
intelligence. Provides input into identifying and developing new products and markets.
14. Prepares sales activity reports and meets with vice president, planning and marketing, on
15. Works with other system constituencies for the purposes of fulfilling assigned
16. Manages systemwide sales forums and sales team to achieve synergy in program sales
activities. Works with team members to develop systemwide standardization of sales
activities, including sales call coordination, data collection, cross-selling communications,
promotional materials, proposal preparation and presentation.
17. Manages system corporate sales presentation for large macrobuyers of system health
services, which include primary product lines and specialty services.
Master’s in business administration, with emphasis in marketing, and six years of management
and marketing experience. Experience working in healthcare industry and with macrobuyers,
managed care product development and data systems development and understanding.
Proficient in use of microcomputers. Strong self-motivation and self-direction. Excellent
organization, presentation and interpersonal skills.