INFORMAL OBSERVATION CHECKLIST
YES NO N/A
1. The lesson plans show evidence of the IPS Curriculum and
2. Evidence of differentiation of instruction is present.
3. Students work and collaborate in pairs or groups.
4. When asked, students can tell the purpose of what they are
5. Hands-on materials, manipulatives used.
6. Evidence of higher level questioning is present.
7. All students are actively involved in the lesson.
8. Student work is displayed, current and linked to IPS
Curriculum and Instructional Framework.
9. Students are not typically completing worksheets.
10. Evidence of assessment/feedback is present.
11. Classroom is organized for instruction and is free of clutter.
12. Overall, the classroom climate is positive.
Observer’s Signature _________________________________________