Green Card Renewal- The Complete Application Process Guideline

Document Sample
Green Card Renewal- The Complete Application Process Guideline Powered By Docstoc
					Green Card Renewal- The Complete Application Process Guideline

If you're a permanent resident in the U.s.a., and your permanent status isn't going to
expire, but your green card does expire just about every 10 years. You might not lose
your permanent residency if you hold an expired green card, but the law requires you
to have a valid green card at all occasions. The green card is also referred to as the
"Permanent Resident Card". Its objective would be to show evidence of one's status as
a lawful permanent resident with the right to reside and work permanently within the
U.s.. It also is evidence of one's registration in accordance with all Usa immigration

You really should initialte the green card renewal process if your green card
permanent resident who was issued a green card valid for 10 years, and it really is
either expired or will expire within the next six months. Look around the front of your
green card to check its expiration date. If the information is already expired or will
expire within six months, it is time to renew it.

The expiration information was created for the green card in 1989 to help the USCIS
collect updated photographs and information of all permanent residents. In case your
green card was issued in between 1979 and 1988, your green card have an expiration
date. As a outcome, you don't need to renew your green card at this time. The USCIS
will develop an orderly technique to replace these green cards in the future.

Green Card Replacement

You're to replace your non-expiring green card for those who meet one of the
following requirements:

* Your current green card is lost, stolen, mutilated, or destroyed

* Your green card was issued to you prior to your 14th birthday and you have reached
your 14th birthday

* You happen to be a commuter and are now taking up actual residence United states
* You are already a permanent resident residing in the U.s.a. and are now taking up
commuter status

* Your status has been automatically converted to permanent resident status, this
includes Special Agricultural Workers applicants who're converting to permanent
resident status
* Your green card contains incorrect information

* Your name or other biographic facts on the card has been legally changed since you
last received your greencard, or you never received your green card

My name is Jody Andrews and I am an avid writer here currently working for the
Chicago Sun Times. I am very knowledgeable and I research every article I write
throughly. I love to write and I write on a wide variety of topics and subjects. I know
you will enjoy my articles.